• 35(current)
Kyra for Kodi
hi rschiks,
right i just want to point out that tthe themes are nice, same as some ideas for the remote, so are these graphics will be in the other views, remotes as well?
Maybe i have to see it in 1.5 or 1.7, to get a beeter feeling for it
(2015-06-06, 12:53)Linusorg Wrote: hi rschiks,
right i just want to point out that tthe themes are nice, same as some ideas for the remote, so are these graphics will be in the other views, remotes as well?
Maybe i have to see it in 1.5 or 1.7, to get a beeter feeling for it

I have modified the remote control view so that more views are possible. In version 1.5 a new remote control view will be added.

Since I have to code a new theme anyway, my idea was to also use meridius' views to make my "own" additional view (but maybe in a later version).
I don't think there is a one size fits all.
Just like meridius I am always open for suggestions.
And perhaps a same remote control view without a gesture area and more buttons is not a bad idea. I can easily duplicate the view and leave the gesture area out and add buttons instead.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-06-06, 12:38)Linusorg Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 07:35)meridius Wrote: Hi all the wife asked me to colour in the play buttons but when I did that it did not look right from the white so I decided to go half and half and it did not look that bad at all (see post 504) for all white play buttons.)

what you think all white or half and half.

and here`s the banner view

the bottom buttons need changing to the right buttons as in this image there from the remote (did not have time to do that) but I just wanted to give you an idea the way I am heading with the ipad views. as you can see I designed the remote not just to have a large area of touch but that are becomes the ipad views and hopfully gives Richard less to program once the remote view is done, the other views for movies,tv shows, music and others will use the touch pad space of the remote (yet to design)

the top left name changes to the view your in like remote or series as you can see from the two different pics. the (min) to the right is the total time of all episodes. and you also have indication of how many seasons you have..

one of the best features is you can still use the volume and see and use the time line sliders in any view.

let me know your thoughts on these views, as I can then start doing data for Richard for sizes and placements and colour info for him to start it

thanks

hope you like the way we am going

Hi there,
just my 2 cents:
i am a big fan of poster views, don't like the thumbs, even for shows, i guess i have more the feeling of selecting a BR/DVD while touching it :-)

When it comes to color i prefere less than possible, so i would vote against the multicolor buttons and rather go for an easy color theme ( or multibles)
Lat but not least i would also vote to be able to disable any gesture area, so people that would like to use itm can turn it off
(i put away any remote with gestures, because the getting in the way after some time, first moment they look great, but if you watching movies and simply like to adjust one thing buttons are easier (at least for me :-)).
Best Regards

Hi there, thanks fro the input.

My picture samples I uploaded don't have any thumb views ? not to sure what you mean as my design has only poster, banner and fanart views been displayed, also there will be poster views added its just that the pictures I posted are just layout samples.

Richard had the idea of the user colour option which I found a great idea to be honest so that it would make the remote more there own as it will be user selectable setting, but for the time been it prob have 5 different colours to start with until future versions as me and Richard have discussed this. My last samples its even easier to change the colour now since the design is going to be based from black, white and grey with a dash of colour in 3 items. not to much colour, see post 504 and 505 this is the final design.

The pictures in post 500 with the pink design where it changes everything will not happen I have tried many different colours and just did not work as some of the colours would not look right and you would need to change a lot of items to make it work and would take a lot of time for Richard to do and even then it would not look right. So this is why I decided to scrap that use black white and grey and then add a couple of elements in colour which can be changed by the user and it would not damage the rest of the design like in post 504 and 505

I did try the mutli colour buttons idea like i said and had each button a different colour on the bar same bar and i can tell you it looked utter rubbish it looked like someone chucked a bag of skittles at the menu bar it was horrible it looked like an old Teletex screen so you have no worries there I can tell you that was scrapped . lol, each design will use 2 colours and that's it which will be user selectable like in post 504 & 505 and that's it , I have not decided on the play buttons to leave them all white or half and half colour and white. maybe you could share your thoughts on that ?

I don't understand the gestures part as my design view has every single button apart from the scroll left, right, up, down and the ok button as there all controlled with the gestures which is an easy movement and tap that's the only difference. I could add buttons to the centre screen for none gestures version but would of thought gestures would be easier as you never need to look at the ipad.

maybe you need to try version 1.5 when it comes out and see if its better ? if not I could look into two versions as its just 5 buttons.

but heres a quick mock up of a none gesture version with buttons, would that be ok

cheers
Hi if you have plans to add Picture/Image view. Please don't forget to add Play all pictures in current directory to start a slideshow! This option is not even in the official remote app, which is very bad.

I have another small request for Album/Artist/Movie view, it would be wonderful to have full screen view for all these 3 categories. I saw that a better Movie view was already implemented but there is still buttons in the bottom and text above which take space from the full screen view. If those are removed maybe one more additional line with covers will be possible to show.

Another request that I have is if we can play local trailers instead of Youtube. I have local trailer file like "movie-trailer.mov" in same folder as my movies.
(2015-06-06, 18:05)Goliath2000 Wrote: Hi if you have plans to add Picture/Image view. Please don't forget to add Play all pictures in current directory to start a slideshow! This option is not even in the official remote app, which is very bad.

I have another small request for Album/Artist/Movie view, it would be wonderful to have full screen view for all these 3 categories. I saw that a better Movie view was already implemented but there is still buttons in the bottom and text above which take space from the full screen view. If those are removed maybe one more additional line with covers will be possible to show.

Another request that I have is if we can play local trailers instead of Youtube. I have local trailer file like "movie-trailer.mov" in same folder as my movies.

Hi, I was not sure if people actually use the pictures option :-) I will put this on the to-do list.
The new views by meridius already have a lot more space, maybe it's an option for those new views to have an option to enable the top and bottom bar.

Do you save the trailers yourself, or do you have an add-on doing that for you?
The whole day I have been busy with the user commands menu, available in the new remote control view.
You can now choose from a whopping 175 available commands. Of course you can enable and change the order.
Those 175 commands took me really a %$^#@ long time :-)

(2015-06-06, 18:33)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 18:05)Goliath2000 Wrote: Hi if you have plans to add Picture/Image view. Please don't forget to add Play all pictures in current directory to start a slideshow! This option is not even in the official remote app, which is very bad.

(2015-06-06, 18:33)rschiks Wrote: Hi, I was not sure if people actually use the pictures option :-) I will put this on the to-do list.
The new views by meridius already have a lot more space, maybe it's an option for those new views to have an option to enable the top and bottom bar.
Well I am one of them :O) anyway this option is useful when you want to see your vacation photos and play music at the same time in the background, therefore its important to have the option to start a slideshow

(2015-06-06, 18:33)rschiks Wrote: Do you save the trailers yourself, or do you have an add-on doing that for you?
I have saved them by myself. Actually I don't know if there is an add-on for that. Sometimes its good to have trailers saved in movie folder because youtube can sometimes buffer to much and sometime you get low quality option for some movies.

Btw, I must say that I have totally missed this unofficial remote Smile which seems to get much better than the official one
(2015-06-06, 18:47)Goliath2000 Wrote: Well I am one of them :O) anyway this option is useful when you want to see your vacation photos and play music at the same time in the background, therefore its important to have the option to start a slideshow

(2015-06-06, 18:33)rschiks Wrote: Do you save the trailers yourself, or do you have an add-on doing that for you?
I have saved them by myself. Actually I don't know if there is an add-on for that. Sometimes its good to have trailers saved in movie folder because youtube can sometimes buffer to much and sometime you get low quality option for some movies.

Btw, I must say that I have totally missed this unofficial remote Smile which seems to get much better than the official one

I also like to watch trailers myself. Maybe it's an idea to do the same then as the tvtunes add-on. In the same folder is a trailer which is called "trailer.mov". I can play that file then when you select watch local trailer.
(2015-06-06, 18:55)rschiks Wrote: I also like to watch trailers myself. Maybe it's an idea to do the same then as the tvtunes add-on. In the same folder is a trailer which is called "trailer.mov". I can play that file then when you select watch local trailer.

Remember the trailer must have the exact same name as the movie, followed by -trailer, otherwise Kodi will recognize it as another, seperate database entry and not a trailer.
Or you can have the way that I have named it "movie-trailer.mov"
(2015-06-06, 19:02)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 18:55)rschiks Wrote: I also like to watch trailers myself. Maybe it's an idea to do the same then as the tvtunes add-on. In the same folder is a trailer which is called "trailer.mov". I can play that file then when you select watch local trailer.

Remember the trailer must have the exact same name as the movie, followed by -trailer, otherwise Kodi will recognize it as another, seperate database entry and not a trailer.
Or you can have the way that I have named it "movie-trailer.mov"

I will look into this. I think movie-trailer.ext is easier.
Jesus Richard, that's a lot of commands but I think you missed one, lol just joking I take my hat off to you sir. its looking good can not wait to test that out

@Goliath2000

I have yet to design the new album and picture layouts and others but should not be to much of a problem as the remote view is the key to all other views once that's done its all good, as you can see from post 505 its just about there so I will be working on other views once the remote view has been added to Kodi cc but I have yet to give Richard the templates and images to build it as I want it 100% first and its just about is.

you can see the new view from post 505 for banners which gets a nice 8 banners as

Banners
xbmc commander 4 in landscape, 6 in portrait mode, kodi cc 8 in landscape

Posters
xbmc commander 10 and 5 half posters in landscape, 12 and 4 half posters in portrait, kodi cc 14 full posters in landscape

so that's just an example that kodi cc has better layouts and more space in the new views I am designing. I have worked hard and thought hard and spent hours on the new design to make sure that every pixel is used the right way on the ipad.
@meridius

Wonderful Smile This remote app will reach to the top when all these features are added Smile
It's always good to have many different view types, since people like to view their collection in different ways. Full screen view for Artist/album/movie are however my request Smile
@meridius

I used to have another xbmc/kodi app for iPad which was called XBMC commander, but unfortunately he/they are not developing it anymore. One thing that I loved with XBMC commander was that you could see fanart / thumb / cd cover while playing music. I think it also had slideshow view the same way it looks in PC
(2015-06-06, 19:51)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius

Wonderful Smile This remote app will reach to the top when all these features are added Smile
It's always good to have many different view types, since people like to view their collection in different ways. Full screen view for Artist/album/movie are however my request Smile

Hi that's why I contacted Richard because he had a very good remote app and wanted to tell him my ideas to make it even better and he was all for it which I was very pleased with so I asked him if I could help out with the design and he was willing hence the new screen shots of the new design I posted,

I have tried the others there ok but not a patch on xbmc commander but now kodi cc is going to be much better when finished in 2020, lol just joking.
(2015-06-06, 19:55)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius

I used to have another xbmc/kodi app for iPad which was called XBMC commander, but unfortunately he/they are not developing it anymore. One thing that I loved with XBMC commander was that you could see fanart / thumb / cd cover while playing music. I think it also had slideshow view the same way it looks in PC

Lol yep it sounds like a lot of people loved that remote including me as its the best out there and I still use it, but once the new features and design of kodi cc come along kodi cc will kill it I am sure of it. if you look at post 516 it takes some ideas from xbmc commander and improves on it as I hated the commands menu on the side, I used it but wished it was retractable so Richard has made it a sliding window so you can have a full screen touch pad without the commands menu and when you want a command you hit a button and the menu slides out and you have loads of commands to pick from which I think is far better than xbmc commander did it.

if you notice the layout is similar to mine that's because Richard programed it to make use of the new design I am doing for the next versions.

I never store music or pictures on my server but I will have to add some to my library to see how they all work with them views and then design a better one
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8