• 36(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-06-06, 20:03)meridius Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 19:55)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius

I used to have another xbmc/kodi app for iPad which was called XBMC commander, but unfortunately he/they are not developing it anymore. One thing that I loved with XBMC commander was that you could see fanart / thumb / cd cover while playing music. I think it also had slideshow view the same way it looks in PC

Lol yep it sounds like a lot of people loved that remote including me as its the best out there and I still use it, but once the new features and design of kodi cc come along kodi cc will kill it I am sure of it. if you look at post 516 it takes a lot from commander

I never store music or pictures on my server but I will have to add some to my library to see how they all work with them views and then design a better one

Oh, cool! So you was also a fan to that remote. Smile One thing that you MUST bring to Kodi CC is the look of the CD cover from XBMC commander. I loved the way it looks like a real CD with the black bars at the left side. It felt like I was looking at my collection that I have in my living room but in a digital form Smile
remember I am just the designer its also up to Richard to program it all in as its his baby. He has always liked what I did so hopefully it will look stunning when done.

if you can get a picture of the view your on about I will take a look at it and see what I can do as I have not even started the music view yet.
(2015-06-06, 20:19)meridius Wrote: remember I am just the designer its also up to Richard to program it all in as its his baby. He has always liked what I did so hopefully it will look stunning when done.

if you can get a picture of the view your on about I will take a look at it and see what I can do as I have not even started the music view yet.

I got it Smile

This is what i meant http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255...elcase.png having a real CD case is really beautiful watching in the iPad Smile
@Goliath2000

Are you the same Goliath2000 who has given me a bad review on the App Store? Wink
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-06-06, 20:47)rschiks Wrote: @Goliath2000

Are you the same Goliath2000 who has given me a bad review on the App Store? Wink

LOL, yes! It is me! I will update that soon! Sorry for that! I was soo sure that it was a bug and needed immediate response! But this thing will also happened for others, you must do something to prevent people typing space in the IP address.
(2015-06-06, 20:53)Goliath2000 Wrote:

LOL, yes! It is me! I will update that soon! Sorry for that! I was soo sure that it was a bug and needed immediate response! But this thing will also happened for others, you must do something to prevent people typing space in the IP address.

Big Grin

Sadly enough I can't respond to Apple Store reviews. I have no idea who's written a review. It's totally anonymous.
Also Apple is reviewing the reviews, so it will take a few days before they show up.
(2015-06-06, 20:56)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 20:53)Goliath2000 Wrote:

Big Grin

Sadly enough I can't respond to Apple Store reviews. I have no idea who's written a review. It's totally anonymous.
Also Apple is reviewing the reviews, so it will take a few days before they show up.

Oh I see, Well now I have updated the review and rated it much higher Smile
Richard and Meridius,

Looking really good! Awesome effort on the user commands!

I like the color schemes, great job there as well. My opinion would be to keep the buttons at the top just white, and to not have the color accents on the banners.

Thank you so much for making this the best Kodi remote bar none!

Regards,

Bart
Hi all

I had a couple of hours on the music view just to see how it paned out but remember this needs fine tuning and is not finished but wanted to show you how the layout would look and work.

The images I uploaded show you the cd cases with covers as requested by Goliath2000 which I added a top glass look shadow to it which looks good. and some info of the album which ties in with the other views as normal but when you select an album or artist field it is highlighted. when selecting the cd covers they have are also highlight around the case and then a sliding window slides over to the left or right depending on which side of the 9 albums you select eg. The left 9 albums would have a sliding window from the right, the right 9 albums would have a sliding window from the left.

The new window contains the album name, play all album button top left, trop right Enqueue Album button and track list with times. I also added a dot to tell you what's been played at that time.

There is also a arrow at the bottom to indicate that there is more songs and that will change up of down depending on where you are in the list, the list scrolls up and down with your finger

I hope you like it but remember it needs some work on that view as its a quick sample of that view (please save images on ipad and view on there to get the real true feel of it)

selected album view
@meridius wow, you really did it! it looks great, cant be better than this! Smile selected album view was really nice!

Do you have any screenshots on Artist view as well?

btw, why is there a brain and a crazy looking girl on the top right side? Smile
thanks.

the top right fanart is from the other views forgot to change it, lol like I said its just a quick mock up, I have not worked on the other views yet I just wanted to try and get the album view half done to show people as some have asked about it. other views will come in the future but I have so much work to do on the remote view as I have to give Richard all the designs and locations and sizes yet so I don't want to work on other views just yet until that's sorted as the remote view is the key to all other views and that needs to be right first.
(2015-06-07, 09:57)meridius Wrote: thanks.

the top right fanart is from the other views forgot to change it, lol like I said its just a quick mock up, I have not worked on the other views yet I just wanted to try and get the album view half done to show people as some have asked about it. other views will come in the future but I have so much work to do on the remote view as I have to give Richard all the designs and locations and sizes yet so I don't want to work on other views just yet until that's sorted as the remote view is the key to all other views and that needs to be right first.

Understand, but your doing great!

Just for my understanding, the artist view if you have i.e chosen Amy winehouse, only her albums will be shown, right?
This is going to be a classic remote man ! .... maybe in the future an iphone version? (would gladly pay again for that) Smile

I have another idea don't know if it will work

we have two kodi's in the house at the moment both on different IP's

is there any easy way to switch between them? xbmc commmander always had a lot of difficulty with both separate databases.
(2015-06-07, 10:23)Njaynl Wrote: This is going to be a classic remote man ! .... maybe in the future an iphone version? (would gladly pay again for that) Smile

is there any easy way to switch between them? xbmc commmander always had a lot of difficulty with both separate databases.

Hi mate thanks for the kind words.

like this you mean, I think Richard is working on that

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2016652

also updating the music views I will repost
(2015-06-07, 10:23)Njaynl Wrote: This is going to be a classic remote man ! .... maybe in the future an iphone version? (would gladly pay again for that) Smile

Besides the new power options screen (mentioned in the previous post by meridius, will be available in version 1.6) you could also add the hosts button to the top menu bar and switch a lot easier between hosts. The custom top menu bar will be available in version 1.5.

I have thought about an iPhone version, but this really requires a lot of work. And as I see it right now, I still have a lot to do for the next months :-) so, yes, maybe in the future.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8