• 41(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Usually "cdart.png" is downloaded into the album folder? Cant you pull it directly from the album folder, or perhaps this must be supported in the API as you mentioned?
(2015-06-13, 10:09)meridius Wrote: ok thanks for checking shame maybe in the future kodi might support it as I think its a plugin that gets the cd art as its not supported as standard

removed the image to just in case others think its supported

Which plugin are you talking about? CdART manager?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:CdART_Manager

I have no idea how this exactly works. Anyone? I guess it leaves files behind in the folder of the album. Then I could also find them and use it.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-06-13, 10:44)Goliath2000 Wrote: Usually "cdart.png" is downloaded into the album folder? Cant you pull it directly from the album folder, or perhaps this must be supported in the API as you mentioned?

LOL...see one post earlier :-)
(2015-06-13, 10:46)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 10:44)Goliath2000 Wrote: Usually "cdart.png" is downloaded into the album folder? Cant you pull it directly from the album folder, or perhaps this must be supported in the API as you mentioned?

LOL...see one post earlier :-)

Yes that's exactly whats happening Smile you can either use CdART_Manager to download automatically or do it manually by adding cdart.png in each album folder. This will be picked up by kodi/xbmc
Eeeeh, I guess there's already a function in Kodi that provides the album cover, when it first reads the tags from mp3 or flac title. I don't have any png or jpg files in the Album folders and I don't want to to be honest. Every remote for Kodi I've used showed the album art just fine without the use of an extra addon in Kodi.
(2015-06-13, 10:58)McYoshi Wrote: Eeeeh, I guess there's already a function in Kodi that provides the album cover, when it first reads the tags from mp3 or flac title. I don't have any png or jpg files in the Album folders and I don't want to to be honest. Every remote for Kodi I've used showed the album art just fine without the use of an extra addon in Kodi.

I don't think cdart is included in the mp3 tag but album cover is as you already mentioned.
Ok just a little mixup then. Cdart is not the same as album cover. Sorry!
How it works is that Kodi/xbmc do not support cd art only posters and fanart. You need a plugin calls artwork artwork downloader which fetched logos cd art and other images and saved them to your drive.

Now the problem is these can not be used or viewed unless a skin has been designed to pull the images so if a skin does not support cd art it will not work.

If Kodi/xbmc did support it there would be no need for art work downloader and every skin would use it. It's a duty hack that makes it work. So since Kodi does not support it in program I don't know if you could pull the info I am not to sure how that part works.
(2015-06-13, 12:31)meridius Wrote: How it works is that Kodi/xbmc do not support cd art only posters and fanart. You need a plugin calls artwork artwork downloader which fetched logos cd art and other images and saved them to your drive.

Now the problem is these can not be used or viewed unless a skin has been designed to pull the images so if a skin does not support cd art it will not work.

If Kodi/xbmc did support it there would be no need for art work downloader and every skin would use it. It's a duty hack that makes it work. So since Kodi does not support it in program I don't know if you could pull the info I am not to sure how that part works.

Yes, I can :-) I have done the same for the TVTunes add-on. The app retrieves the theme.mp3 in the folder the series resides.
Hi mate So does that mean it can be done ?
(2015-06-13, 12:56)meridius Wrote: Hi mate So does that mean it can be done ?

Yes, I am not sure if the spinning is a good idea, maybe slowly, otherwise you won't see the cd art :-)
excellent , yes low spin would be great as it would give that view a nice look and it could be selectable for people

here's what it could look like

I think the music view is just about done.
Hello, this remote looks really promising. One feature I miss in the official ios remote is the ability to rate the music track currently playing.
Is it possible with this remote?
Maybe I should create an online voting contest to know what to start first with? (and release as a sub version) :-)
(2015-06-13, 14:01)kyungrak Wrote: Hello, this remote looks really promising. One feature I miss in the official ios remote is the ability to rate the music track currently playing.
Is it possible with this remote?

Sure it's possible, and once you have rated it, what to do next with it?
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8