• 42(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Hi all heres some remote view shots

for touch view

and you then slide the menu up to give you a slightly more touch pad area if you wish and also to reveal two buttons for gestures and button layout selectable by user.

then you can select the buttons option

then if you wish you can slide the menu back

this gives the user two options of control and also gives you some extra touch pad area for the touch pad option if desired,

so hopefully that will please everyone, what do you think
Really looking great! I like it a lot!
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Thanks Richard

I know I sent you an email about how I wanted the gesture/button switch to work in the remote view but I could not explain it to good so that's why I said I would let you view some pictures to get across what I meant and it sound that you like that idea.

now the remote is done just a couple of windows to do for the subtitles and audio track. and that's it.

remember all the music view, move views and others will not have the same buttons at the bottom they will be 11 buttons and 9 user selectable and will use some sort of carousel type sliding but I will explain that later when I do that view.
(2015-06-13, 14:05)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 14:01)kyungrak Wrote: Hello, this remote looks really promising. One feature I miss in the official ios remote is the ability to rate the music track currently playing.
Is it possible with this remote?

Sure it's possible, and once you have rated it, what to do next with it?

Nothing. It just updates the rating, rating I use to sort my tracks with a smartplaylist. When I listen to some music, I like being able to rate the track on the fly to sort them out.
(2015-06-13, 22:31)kyungrak Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 14:05)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 14:01)kyungrak Wrote: Hello, this remote looks really promising. One feature I miss in the official ios remote is the ability to rate the music track currently playing.
Is it possible with this remote?

Sure it's possible, and once you have rated it, what to do next with it?

Nothing. It just updates the rating, rating I use to sort my tracks with a smartplaylist. When I listen to some music, I like being able to rate the track on the fly to sort them out.

The kodi api allows the rating being updated. Maybe this is a nice feature to be used in other areas as well, e.g. movies.
Is it written to the file itself or to the Kodi-dbase?
(2015-06-13, 23:59)Goliath2000 Wrote: Is it written to the file itself or to the Kodi-dbase?

Both are possible. Through the api it's written in the kodi database. In the same manner as the Library Management option.
Of course an alternative method is to maintain a list on the device.
How does the rating work is this a user rating ? and is it rated from 1 to 10. wil this mean there will be a sort by user rating button. I am not to sure if you all mean the rating it scraps

I am glad I started on the music view first as its given me some more ideas and room to play with for the tv shows and movies view layouts as its sorted out a big problem I was having.

busy doing the subtitles and audio menus
(2015-06-14, 07:45)meridius Wrote: How does the rating work is this a user rating ? and is it rated from 1 to 10. wil this mean there will be a sort by user rating button. I am not to sure if you all mean the rating it scraps

I am glad I started on the music view first as its given me some more ideas and room to play with for the tv shows and movies view layouts as its sorted out a big problem I was having.

busy doing the subtitles and audio menus

I think it shoud be a 10 star user rating. You can then later filter on your own ratings.
BTW: in the music view I am a little bit worried about the other fan art used. The album cover is not an issue. The cd art you can place yourself or being done by an add-on, but within Kodi I was not able to change the fan art of an album. The button was disabled. Am I missing something?

Or is this available in artist view only? And album fan art is not going to be used?

I want to make sure that all needed grafics are available and you don't need to use extra add-ons. Ok, for the cd art you need one (or place youself)
(2015-06-14, 09:39)rschiks Wrote: BTW: in the music view I am a little bit worried about the other fan art used. The album cover is not an issue. The cd art you can place yourself or being done by an add-on, but within Kodi I was not able to change the fan art of an album. The button was disabled. Am I missing something?

Or is this available in artist view only? And album fan art is not going to be used?

I want to make sure that all needed grafics are available and you don't need to use extra add-ons. Ok, for the cd art you need one (or place youself)
For cdart if there is no cdart you can always fall back to a default cdart.

I never seen fan art of an album is this something new?
{
"items": {
"enums": [
"title",
"description",
"artist",
"genre",
"theme",
"mood",
"style",
"type",
"albumlabel",
"rating",
"year",
"musicbrainzalbumid",
"musicbrainzalbumartistid",
"fanart",
"thumbnail",
"playcount",
"genreid",
"artistid",
"displayartist"
],
"description": "Requesting the genreid and/or artistid field will result in increased response times",
"type": "string"
},
"id": "Audio.Fields.Album",
"extends": "Item.Fields.Base"
}

The album properties contains a fanart property.
I never used the music side of it I might have to take a look and add some music to see what it looks like

does it use actors and fanart ?

heres some images of the finished subtitles and audio menu

what you think ?
Really looking great!

The website is almost done. I can then finally start with version 1.6
@meridius
get outta here :O) it looks amazing!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8