• 46(current)
Kyra for Kodi
@meridius Just one thing, in your latest screenshot you have added studios, I don't think this is supported in kodi album api, but album label is supported and in this case for Amy W. back to back it should be "Island Records"
(2015-06-15, 20:49)meridius Wrote: if you mean the box that holds the track list that depends if Richard can do that as it would take the colour from the covers if not it will be set as grey

Of course I am going to give it a try. When calculating the average colour, should the "gold" colour then also not change into the calculated one. E.g. If an album is redish, the average colour would be redish too and put this as a background (transparent) for the tracklist I have a feeling that the gold colour doesn't match (also the other user selectable colours). Any thoughts?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-06-15, 22:15)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 20:49)meridius Wrote: if you mean the box that holds the track list that depends if Richard can do that as it would take the colour from the covers if not it will be set as grey

Of course I am going to give it a try. When calculating the average colour, should the "gold" colour then also not change into the calculated one. E.g. If an album is redish, the average colour would be redish too and put this as a background (transparent) for the tracklist I have a feeling that the gold colour doesn't match (also the other user selectable colours). Any thoughts?

I agree, maybe its a good idea to replace the gold color as well
@rschiks or maybe there should be two options, one with static i.e (gold and grey background) and one with calculated one where everything is dynamic changed!?
(2015-06-15, 22:27)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks or maybe there should be two options, one with static i.e (gold and grey background) and one with calculated one where everything is dynamic changed!?

Of course it's possible. When starting with the new music view I will experiment with this option. See how it's turning out.
it would be just the gold that gets changed in the track list window only right ? I have been looking how itunes does it and it does change the text colour and the box colour but how they programed that in I will never know as it seems very good at picking out the colours of the album cover and using them in 5 ways two for text, box, Line divider and play button. I bet that is not easy.

Also swapped the genre and record labels around, Genres are now in track list and Studios is now in the top info box under name do you think it looks better like that or the other way it was, moved the play buttons up a littlie bit to centre.

I tried picking some colours out of the album art and came up with this but I don't know if it goes with the rest of the colours and some auto picking colour choices might not work as well on some covers, I suppose you could have a user option to use it or use default colour as I prefer the default colour as it blends everything in better, I am not to sure

(2015-06-15, 22:15)rschiks Wrote:

the user selectable colours would it be a good idea to maybe have 5 pre set colours first to see how it goes and we could add more later one. I could design the 5 colours first like in my other posts.
(2015-06-16, 07:38)meridius Wrote: Also swapped the genre and record labels around, Genres are now in track list and Studios is now in the top info box under name do you think it looks better like that or the other way it was, moved the play buttons up a littlie bit to centre.
@meridius it looks OK to me, but you need to consider when the albumlabel is longer than what it is right now. I understand that its possible to have a scrolled text but will that look good if the text is scrolled under the artist name? I trust you what ever you choose, since you have done a very good job so far.
well I was going to ask Richard instead of it scrolling from the left so its a long list of studios is to scroll it up instead so its a one word studio been displayed at one time, then it would wait 3 sec or something then scroll up to the next studio and then wait 3 sec and so on that might make it look more clean but still have all the studios. what you think ?
@meridius I really find many different design you propose. BIG BIG UP for your work. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Only one thing in ergonomics and position of the volume slider and the progress slider. I find them very close buttons. If you have big fingers it is easy to get wrong buttons. What's your opinion?
(2015-06-16, 10:45)madmartigan57 Wrote: @meridius I really find many different design you propose. BIG BIG UP for your work. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Only one thing in ergonomics and position of the volume slider and the progress slider. I find them very close buttons. If you have big fingers it is easy to get wrong buttons. What's your opinion?

Hi there. Thanks for your input.

I did take equal spacing from the music app in the iPad as they have both track and volume close together so it's about the same as apples music app.

It might look close but once Richard programs it in it should be fine but if not I can go back to it.

What I would like to do is get the remote view up and running first then let people try it and see what there thoughts are and then make changes if needed and once that's done we both can go onto the other views as they will be designed around the remote view.

See what happens when it comes out and it might be ok for you if not we can work on it but remember the image might look big but the programming part could have the size to select smaller given you the illusion of a bigger button but using a smaller footprint to select it. If you get my meaning.

The only way I could explain it is imaging the image of the button as a football size but the selection is programmed to be the size of an orange so it would still pick the right slider but have the right size buttons for look.

Richard might be able to do that but I am not sure I would of thought programming it might work like that

Thanks
@meridus Thank you for your reply. No problem i wait and i test. After i write my position. Smile

(2015-06-16, 12:20)meridius Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 10:45)madmartigan57 Wrote: @meridius I really find many different design you propose. BIG BIG UP for your work. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Hi there. Thanks for your input.

I did take equal spacing from the music app in the iPad as they have both track and volume close together so it's about the same as apples music app.

It might look close but once Richard programs it in it should be fine but if not I can go back to it.

What I would like to do is get the remote view up and running first then let people try it and see what there thoughts are and then make changes if needed and once that's done we both can go onto the other views as they will be designed around the remote view.

See what happens when it comes out and it might be ok for you if not we can work on it but remember the image might look big but the programming part could have the size to select smaller given you the illusion of a bigger button but using a smaller footprint to select it. If you get my meaning.

The only way I could explain it is imaging the image of the button as a football size but the selection is programmed to be the size of an orange so it would still pick the right slider but have the right size buttons for look.

Richard might be able to do that but I am not sure I would of thought programming it might work like that

Thanks
Should not Kodi Control Center be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

Perhaps something like "Media Center Control Center" would be more acceptable?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark...d_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).
(2015-06-16, 16:18)RockerC Wrote: Should not Kodi Control Center be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

Perhaps something like "Media Center Control Center" would be more acceptable?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark...d_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).

Maybe...that's why the unofficial remote :-)

I see you are posting all over this forum...are you ordered to do this? I would expect an official representative then (if you are, sorry then)

I am myself are thinking to have the option to hide (yes another setting) the volume bar. I am never using it, my Kodi box is connected to a a/v receiver for the sound.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8