• 60(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Also in the info box what info are you getting is it info about the band or info about that album. Because I thought it was the info about the album.

This is why the info box corresponds with the album you pick, so if you pick two albums by Amy winehouse the info screen would display two different Infomation about two different albums.

Or am I wrong and it's about the band. ?
It should be album when album is selected and for artist it should be artist info, all these info is taken directly from kodi database.
No you will only be able to display one album info at a time and I guess that's the correct way to do it, since you will always have to select one album at a time.
The info box shall always display the current album or artist
(2015-07-04, 21:41)meridius Wrote: Seems overkill I think the ones we have are sufficient

What about type and Playcount

Is type the format of the album and if it is foes this mean we would need a icon for every file type and is Playcount for albums or songs.

Its exactly 21 musiccodec Smile if you go for the type
The count represents how many times you have played the album.
Songs also have a count number, independent of the album count.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
I have added a search bar and index key bar at the bottom of the screen. When you have a lot of artists (or albums) you can navigate a lot faster.

(2015-07-05, 01:28)rschiks Wrote: I have added a search bar and index key bar at the bottom of the screen. When you have a lot of artists (or albums) you can navigate a lot faster.
Oh wonderful! I hope there is headroom in meridius theme as well, because this search bar index is very important.
@meridius will you be able to have that?
here you go new images of the music view just about done,

no more blur, removed and used a darker fanart for background and also added quick jump letters (seen Richards and thought bugger, I forgot them so added at the sides) I have also added album play counts to above artists picture.

see image

added random play button, also made the bar solid. When selecting an album it removes the artists and album name and the cover slides down when selected

see image

search now complete, left some space to see the covers when searching

see image

please save images to ipad and see what it looks like on there. hope you like
:-)

@meridius: no "#" and "0" .. "9" jump numbers.
In your screen shot I see you have an album for Justin Timberlake - The 20/20. With the option sorttitle enabled, it will be 20/20 experience, the. No jump letter for that then.
Check out http://lyriki.com/Category:Albums_beginning_with_0-9 :-)
nooooooooooooooooo, lol will take a look.

do you think letters on both sides or on one side with a scrolling up and down effect to get all the letters
@meridius thanks for sharing these snapshots it really look nice! Just one feeling that I get from those search letters that you have added is that its taking to much attention, I mean it should be there because its a very important function but at same time it should not take so much attention. The function is only there to make it easy to find music in a large collection. Anyway I love your design
I have been experimenting with the memory cache option. As said before I will add it as an experimental switch first (because it may give memory issues with large collections and I don't have the means to test it).

The current caching method reads the info from Kodi, stores it to disk and parses the info. The next time it reads the info from disk and then parses it.

When the memory switch is enabled, the first time it reads the info from Kodi, parses the info and keeps that info in memory. When returning to movies it skips getting the info from Kodi and parsing it.
In conclusion: the disk reading and parsing have been eliminated.

With 250 movies I notice a slight difference (iPad Air).

The switch now only works for movies. Series I still need to add.
(2015-07-05, 12:16)meridius Wrote: nooooooooooooooooo, lol will take a look.

do you think letters on both sides or on one side with a scrolling up and down effect to get all the letters

:-)

That could be a solution.

That's why I have moved the index bar to the bottom...more space.
@meridius in the other hand its good to have it either on left or right side because it will be easy to jump between letters with the thumb Smile Perhaps if you want to have all letters on one side, you might need to decrease the size or having a roller function?
what about this with a sliding carousel up and down letters and numbers at one side only

is this any better

or a sliding menu bar
I think I might of cracked it give me 5 min
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8