• 63(current)
Kyra for Kodi
hmm I might be wrong here, but I think cdart shall always be in same folder where the songs are. so if you have cd1 or cd2 then they will have cdart.png in that folder.

for cdart you must sort your music folder in a proper way otherwise its not possible for kodi to determine where the cdart is. I had this issue before and I changed it to the correct way and now everything is visualized within kodi with whatever skin I choose to have.
(2015-07-05, 21:54)Goliath2000 Wrote: hmm I might be wrong here, but I think cdart shall always be in same folder where the songs are. so if you have cd1 or cd2 then they will have cdart.png in that folder.

for cdart you must sort your music folder in a proper way otherwise its not possible for kodi to determine where the cdart is. I had this issue before and I changed it to the correct way and now everything is visualized within kodi with whatever skin I choose to have.

Ok, I will follow the path of the first mp3 then. Worst case scenario will be the image not shown Big Grin
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-07-05, 22:43)rschiks Wrote: Ok, I will follow the path of the first mp3 then. Worst case scenario will be the image not shown Big Grin

Yepp exactly! Smile
@meridius you have done a great work so far! I love your latest screenshots. I hope rschiks can follow your work and realize this, since the programming is the most challenging part.
Thanks for the kind words there's a lot to do but I don't want to mess around with it to much as it takes a lot of my time and want to wait until the remote view is added to the app before I continue.

I know Richard is setting the ground work for it as you can see in his own themes so hopefully there will be some progress in that soon.

I am dying to try out the new power menu that me and Richard have been working on for his theme design as I think you all will like it, properly the most neglected part of any remote app.

@Richard do you want me to keep the cdart in the designs then ?
(2015-07-05, 23:31)meridius Wrote: Thanks for the kind words there's a lot to do but I don't want to mess around with it to much as it takes a lot of my time and want to wait until the remote view is added to the app before I continue.

I know Richard is setting the ground work for it as you can see in his own themes so hopefully there will be some progress in that soon.

I am dying to try out the new power menu that me and Richard have been working on for his theme design as I think you all will like it, properly the most neglected part of any remote app.

Leave the cdart in. In the next couple of days I will try to make it work.

I have used the power options menu a lot. Really a lot. Already have a feature request for that :-)
As you can see in the screen shot below there are 3 buttons, reboot, hibernate and suspend. The big button is for waking up and shutting down.
I always suspend my Kodi machine, so pressing the big button is waking up my Kodi. When I am done I want to suspend my Kodi machine and everytime I press the big button and think $$%$%, it's shutting down now...nooooo!!!
My TV is always in stand-by...press on/off and it goes on....press on/off again it goed back to stand-by.

Maybe it's an idea to add a 4th button -> Shutdown. You then can configure yourself what the big button should do (suspend, shutdown or hibernate). It's more flexible then.

Richard,

I think that Quit (Exit Kodi) should also be included as part of the Power options. That way you cover most use cases.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-07-06, 12:55)bsoriano Wrote: Richard,

I think that Quit (Exit Kodi) should also be included as part of the Power options. That way you cover most use cases.

Regards,

Bart

The api doesn't provide that option, only suspend, reboot, hibernate and shutdown.
(2015-07-06, 07:40)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 23:31)meridius Wrote: Thanks for the kind words there's a lot to do but I don't want to mess around with it to much as it takes a lot of my time and want to wait until the remote view is added to the app before I continue.

I have used the power options menu a lot. Really a lot. Already have a feature request for that :-)
As you can see in the screen shot below there are 3 buttons, reboot, hibernate and suspend. The big button is for waking up and shutting down.
I always suspend my Kodi machine, so pressing the big button is waking up my Kodi. When I am done I want to suspend my Kodi machine and everytime I press the big button and think $$%$%, it's shutting down now...nooooo!!!
My TV is always in stand-by...press on/off and it goes on....press on/off again it goed back to stand-by.

Maybe it's an idea to add a 4th button -> Shutdown. You then can configure yourself what the big button should do (suspend, shutdown or hibernate). It's more flexible then.

Hi mate.

My thought was when designing it was that when the system is in the centre the big icon the three buttons below it only activates that system that's centred and the small hosts buttons are not effected.

So in your image the kodi upstairs is large and now is selected and so does 4 things you hit the big button to turn the system off or on and use the three buttons below it to decide what you want to do for that host. Then you can scroll along to the others hosts to make them centre and the button becomes big to turn on or off or use the three buttons below it to send a command to that host that's is selected.

The whole point of the big centre button is more of a select for that host that you want and you can control it

I hope that makes Sence.
(2015-07-06, 13:00)rschiks Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

The api doesn't provide that option, only suspend, reboot, hibernate and shutdown.

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks Richard. I did see that the JSON API has an Application.Quit function. Wouldn't this function Quit/Exit Kodi?

Regards,

Bart
Richard,

One other thing I noticed is that for Recently Added Movies or Recently Added Episodes, the sorting by date added does not work. The movies or episodes are shown alphabetically. The other sorting methods do work. Is this a bug or something I need to do differently? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-07-06, 16:14)meridius Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 07:40)rschiks Wrote:

Hi mate.

My thought was when designing it was that when the system is in the centre the big icon the three buttons below it only activates that system that's centred and the small hosts buttons are not effected.

So in your image the kodi upstairs is large and now is selected and so does 4 things you hit the big button to turn the system off or on and use the three buttons below it to decide what you want to do for that host. Then you can scroll along to the others hosts to make them centre and the button becomes big to turn on or off or use the three buttons below it to send a command to that host that's is selected.

The whole point of the big centre button is more of a select for that host that you want and you can control it

I hope that makes Sence.

This is exactly the way how it works right now. Big Grin

The thing I always have is that when I press the big button the system shutdowns while I would rather have it to suspend. Yes, I know I should press the little button under it, but I do it automatically.
So a lot of times I am cursing that I forgot to press the little button. That's why I would suggest to let the user decide what the big button should do (shutdown, suspend, hibernate or reboot). So when I choose the big button to suspend my Kodi system I miss the shutdown shutdown.
(2015-07-06, 16:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 13:00)rschiks Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks Richard. I did see that the JSON API has an Application.Quit function. Wouldn't this function Quit/Exit Kodi?

Regards,

Bart

You are right! Huh

I was only looking at the system methods. We have to ask meridius then to create an additional button :-)
@meridius
Any plans to have same type of theme for the "power option" view as for the music and the other views that you have done so far!? What I mean is to have same type of fonts/text size/color and icons?
(2015-07-06, 16:35)bsoriano Wrote: Richard,

One other thing I noticed is that for Recently Added Movies or Recently Added Episodes, the sorting by date added does not work. The movies or episodes are shown alphabetically. The other sorting methods do work. Is this a bug or something I need to do differently? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

The Recently Added Movies is fixed..I forgot to ask Kodi for the info. Sorry, my bad.
The Recently Added Episodes doesn't has the option to sort by date added....(only title and last played...the latter works....just tested)
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8