• 64(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-07-06, 17:17)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 16:14)meridius Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 07:40)rschiks Wrote: Leave the cdart in. In the next couple of days I will try to make it work.

I have used the power options menu a lot. Really a lot. Already have a feature request for that :-)
As you can see in the screen shot below there are 3 buttons, reboot, hibernate and suspend. The big button is for waking up and shutting down.
I always suspend my Kodi machine, so pressing the big button is waking up my Kodi. When I am done I want to suspend my Kodi machine and everytime I press the big button and think $$%$%, it's shutting down now...nooooo!!!
My TV is always in stand-by...press on/off and it goes on....press on/off again it goed back to stand-by.

Maybe it's an idea to add a 4th button -> Shutdown. You then can configure yourself what the big button should do (suspend, shutdown or hibernate). It's more flexible then.

Hi mate.

My thought was when designing it was that when the system is in the centre the big icon the three buttons below it only activates that system that's centred and the small hosts buttons are not effected.

So in your image the kodi upstairs is large and now is selected and so does 4 things you hit the big button to turn the system off or on and use the three buttons below it to decide what you want to do for that host. Then you can scroll along to the others hosts to make them centre and the button becomes big to turn on or off or use the three buttons below it to send a command to that host that's is selected.

The whole point of the big centre button is more of a select for that host that you want and you can control it

I hope that makes Sence.

This is exactly the way how it works right now. Big Grin

The thing I always have is that when I press the big button the system shutdowns while I would rather have it to suspend. Yes, I know I should press the little button under it, but I do it automatically.
So a lot of times I am cursing that I forgot to press the little button. That's why I would suggest to let the user decide what the big button should do (shutdown, suspend, hibernate or reboot). So when I choose the big button to suspend my Kodi system I miss the shutdown shutdown.

I see your point. Maybe What ever the user decides for the big button is replaced at the bottom button to. So say you want to use the big button as a suspend button the little suspend button below it is replaced with a power button and so on . And I would have to do new icons buttons for the centre button so it corresponds with the user Setting. So when the systems is off it shows a red buttons its power symbol and when you press it the power symbol is replaced with a suspend button. Just means I would need to do 4 power type buttons.

Let Me Know if that's what you want to do
(2015-07-06, 17:39)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius
Any plans to have same type of theme for the "power option" view as for the music and the other views that you have done so far!? What I mean is to have same type of fonts/text size/color and icons?

Have not looked at that yet dont Want to say to much as it might change but will be designed around my theme. once I have some sort of design I will post it might even be the same as Richards power menu that I have been doing I just don't know yet. . I have been designing the power menu for Richards theme and I have not tried it yet so want to see how it works but should be a great feature.

It's a long way off as the first thing that needs to be done is the remote view.
That sounds great, but you still need a little shutdown button. When I choose suspend as the green/blue button there must be a little shutdown button.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-07-06, 18:58)meridius Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 17:39)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius
Any plans to have same type of theme for the "power option" view as for the music and the other views that you have done so far!? What I mean is to have same type of fonts/text size/color and icons?

Have not looked at that yet dont Want to say to much as it might change but will be designed around my theme. once I have some sort of design I will post it might even be the same as Richards power menu that I have been doing I just don't know yet. . I have been designing the power menu for Richards theme and I have not tried it yet so want to see how it works but should be a great feature.

It's a long way off as the first thing that needs to be done is the remote view.

I agree that there are more important things than the power menu.
Sorry for the bad messages I am on a bus on my iPhone and it's jumping all over Typing bad. Mind you I am not much better at home lol.
No problem :-) maybe you could try Siri :-)
(2015-07-06, 18:59)rschiks Wrote: That sounds great, but you still need a little shutdown button. When I choose suspend as the green/blue button there must be a little shutdown button.

Oh yes the way I see it is that there are 4 buttons functions and what is not used for the big button will be used in the small buttons.

Eg

The big button power on / power off
Small buttons suspend / hibernate / Reboot.

User changes the big button to suspend option and would be

The big button power on / suspend
Small buttons power off / hibernate / Reboot.

And so on You get the idea.
(2015-07-06, 19:04)rschiks Wrote: No problem :-) maybe you could try Siri :-)

Yea would look a right plum
BTW: I have already done some research on the touch movements for the remote control view.
My goal: (still need to experiment with it, but I think this is what you want) when screen is touched and moved I detect the direction (needs to be a minimum movement of pixels for the precise detection of the direction) and start moving the selection bar in Kodi. When the distance is getting bigger the movement goes faster. Of course the direction and speed can be changed just by moving the direction of your finger and goes slower again when returning to the point where you started.

I think that a single touch in the designated areas should just do one selection bar movement to make sure you reach your destination.

I hope that I make some sense.
(2015-07-06, 19:10)meridius Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 18:59)rschiks Wrote: That sounds great, but you still need a little shutdown button. When I choose suspend as the green/blue button there must be a little shutdown button.

Oh yes the way I see it is that there are 4 buttons functions and what is not used for the big button will be used in the small buttons.

Eg

Check.

And what about the quit Kodi option?
(2015-07-06, 19:14)rschiks Wrote: BTW: I have already done some research on the touch movements for the remote control view.
My goal: (still need to experiment with it, but I think this is what you want) when screen is touched and moved I detect the direction (needs to be a minimum movement of pixels for the precise detection of the direction) and start moving the selection bar in Kodi. When the distance is getting bigger the movement goes faster. Of course the direction and speed can be changed just by moving the direction of your finger and goes slower again when returning to the point where you started.

I think that a single touch in the designated areas should just do one selection bar movement to make sure you reach your destination.

I hope that I make some sense.

Sounds good will have to try it out. It's just trial and error
(2015-07-06, 19:15)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 19:10)meridius Wrote:

Eg

Check.

And what about the quit Kodi option?

Is this a quit to desktop ? If so I can do a button when I sort the others out.
Yes, it's quit to desktop.
Small update: I have been able to add the cdart option. There just needs to be a cdart.png in the same folder of the album where the mp3's reside.

And yes, it's rotating...took 2 screen shots with a small delay :-)
Still need to add and rearrange information little bit, that will come next.

@meridius, if you remember you ask me if I knew how many label records there are and now I have founded a list with major known label records from wiki Smile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_re...%E2%80%93Z

As you can see the list is quite long Smile
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8