• 90(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-08-07, 23:54)rschiks Wrote: Last time it was a review period of 3 days...this time it was 45 minutes.
Version 1.6.1 should be available any minute now.

If you like this app, please leave a review on the App Store!

Great Smile

1) There is one thing that I founded in 1.6.1, if I want to see artist info how should I do? As soon as I click on any artist it goes into that artist and then shows first album info but I will never have the chance to see artist info.

2) Regarding to remember the position while jumping between different views, are you going to add that in upcoming 1.7 version? If I for instance have open an album and decide to jump to movie section or just change some settings when I go back to music view I need to start all over again to find that specific album. Sad

3) I can see that you have fixed the track list, if you for instance had scrolled down in the track list it was always down for every each album, but can you make it to remember the current playing album at least? because if you have started a track i.e no 20 and want to come back to that album you will then jump down to no 20 since its already playing that album, and I guess you want to be on track 20..!?

4) By the way caching movies in memory doesn't seem to give any improvements with this experimental option, I have a large list now and when I scroll very fast it doesn't update as fast as my scrolling Sad it takes times again for it to reload the images. This is strange because the official remote kodi is handling this very well. Do you know how they have solved this?
(2015-08-08, 01:39)Goliath2000 Wrote: Great Smile

There is one thing that I founded in 1.6.1, if I want to see artist info how should I do? As soon as I click on any artist it goes into that artist and then shows first album info but I will never have the chance to see artist info.

Regarding to remember the position while jumping between different views, are you going to add that in upcoming 1.7 version? If I for instance have open an album and decide to jump to movie section or just change some settings when I go back to music view I need to start all over again to find that specific album. Sad

I could add an option that when you have selected an artist and you see the albums (and it displays the first album info automatically) you are also able to see the artists info (maybe a button called show artist info which presents a pop up). Need to give it some thoughts.

I will also put the remember position on the to do list.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
rschiks Smile sorry I updated my last post just a few seconds ago Smile I added point no 3 and 4, hope you saw it
(2015-08-08, 10:41)rschiks Wrote: I could add an option that when you have selected an artist and you see the albums (and it displays the first album info automatically) you are also able to see the artists info (maybe a button called show artist info which presents a pop up). Need to give it some thoughts.
hmm don't know if popup is a good way to do it! Isn't it possible to show artist info when you click on the artist instead of showing first album? I mean album info will be available as soon as you have clicked either on the first album or on the other albums?
(2015-08-08, 01:39)Goliath2000 Wrote: 3) I can see that you have fixed the track list, if you for instance had scrolled down in the track list it was always down for every each album, but can you make it to remember the current playing album at least? because if you have started a track i.e no 20 and want to come back to that album you will then jump down to no 20 since its already playing that album, and I guess you want to be on track 20..!?

4) By the way caching movies in memory doesn't seem to give any improvements with this experimental option, I have a large list now and when I scroll very fast it doesn't update as fast as my scrolling Sad it takes times again for it to reload the images. This is strange because the official remote kodi is handling this very well. Do you know how they have solved this?

3) This is on the to do list.

4) I haven't changed anything concerning the images. The data from Kodi is in memory. Images are handled separately. For each movie you have a poster/background. I use the original and don't scale it. Would not be great if you have a low res version as a background. So suppose you have a library of 300 movies, each with a poster and background. A background is around 3 MB average...a poster 1 MB....4 MB for one movie 300 x 4 MB = 1200 MB of memory needed.
(2015-08-08, 10:48)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 10:41)rschiks Wrote: I could add an option that when you have selected an artist and you see the albums (and it displays the first album info automatically) you are also able to see the artists info (maybe a button called show artist info which presents a pop up). Need to give it some thoughts.
hmm don't know if popup is a good way to do it! Isn't it possible to show artist info when you click on the artist instead of showing first album? I mean album info will be available as soon as you have clicked either on the first album or on the other albums?

You select the artist to see the albums.....difficult...like I said: I need to give it some thoughts. Maybe an option again :-)

BTW: an artist also has some other items worth mentioning:

"instrument",
"style",
"mood",
"born",
"formed",
"description",
"genre",
"died",
"disbanded",
"yearsactive",
"musicbrainzartistid",
"fanart",
"thumbnail"

It doesn't fit on the current screen.
(2015-08-08, 11:08)rschiks Wrote: 4) I haven't changed anything concerning the images. The data from Kodi is in memory. Images are handled separately. For each movie you have a poster/background. I use the original and don't scale it. Would not be great if you have a low res version as a background. So suppose you have a library of 300 movies, each with a poster and background. A background is around 3 MB average...a poster 1 MB....4 MB for one movie 300 x 4 MB = 1200 MB of memory needed.

Sorry with images i meant poster of each movie. how about scaling the poster, to speed up the process? In official remote kodi is some how handling this very well and the resolution of each poster is very good. Maybe they have used a low res but still have good quality to display it?
(2015-08-08, 11:13)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 10:48)Goliath2000 Wrote:

You select the artist to see the albums.....difficult...like I said: I need to give it some thoughts. Maybe an option again :-)

BTW: an artist also has some other items worth mentioning:

"instrument",
"style",
"mood",
"born",
"formed",
"description",
"genre",
"died",
"disbanded",
"yearsactive",
"musicbrainzartistid",
"fanart",
"thumbnail"

It doesn't fit on the current screen.

"style",
"mood",

Is something I see more and more be used, i.e apple music have started to use it. you can for instance search on dinner music or relax instead of sorting music with only genre
(2015-08-08, 11:16)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 11:08)rschiks Wrote: 4) I haven't changed anything concerning the images. The data from Kodi is in memory. Images are handled separately. For each movie you have a poster/background. I use the original and don't scale it. Would not be great if you have a low res version as a background. So suppose you have a library of 300 movies, each with a poster and background. A background is around 3 MB average...a poster 1 MB....4 MB for one movie 300 x 4 MB = 1200 MB of memory needed.

Sorry with images i meant poster of each movie. how about scaling the poster, to speed up the process? In official remote kodi is some how handling this very well and the resolution of each poster is very good. Maybe they have used a low res but still have good quality to display it?

I wish it was always that simple. Keep scaled down images in memory is no problem. Other possible influences make it complicated. Suppose you have the images in memory and you decide to change the poster/background (in either the app or Kodi, I don't think the official Kodi remote has a select fan art option). I have to check if the image has changed. Sometimes you have to make a compromise to make the code not that complicated and accept it could be a little bit slower (for now). It's not that it can't be done.
(2015-08-08, 11:33)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 11:16)Goliath2000 Wrote:

I wish it was always that simple. Keep scaled down images in memory is no problem. Other possible influences make it complicated. Suppose you have the images in memory and you decide to change the poster/background (in either the app or Kodi, I don't think the official Kodi remote has a select fan art option). I have to check if the image has changed. Sometimes you have to make a compromise to make the code not that complicated and accept it could be a little bit slower (for now). It's not that it can't be done.

Maybe with meridius new theme where he can show around 13 poster each time is going to improve this, right now its 24 poster that need to be loaded immediately. But I don't know, we will see Smile
(2015-08-08, 11:33)Goliath2000 Wrote: "style",
"mood",

Is something I see more and more be used, i.e apple music have started to use it. you can for instance search on dinner music or relax instead of sorting music with only genre

They are definitely interesting options to add (next to the already available options: Artists, Albums, Year and Genre). When clicked on style you will get an overview of the available styles. The same for mood.
(2015-08-05, 20:01)meridius Wrote: Hi both I might have an idea for movie sets so that it can also work in the movies part. Like Richard said you could have a separate movies set and also a option In The movies.

I also like my collections I. The movies part I will try and show you later in rough what I mean if I have time.

Have you had any chance to look at this? Smile
(2015-08-09, 19:14)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 20:01)meridius Wrote: Hi both I might have an idea for movie sets so that it can also work in the movies part. Like Richard said you could have a separate movies set and also a option In The movies.

I also like my collections I. The movies part I will try and show you later in rough what I mean if I have time.

Have you had any chance to look at this? Smile

Not yet I have been very busy this weekend. With some diy (wife's orders). Lol. Even Richards after the gfx work to start adding the new themes which I have not had time with.

Also me and Richard have been discussing the touch control for the remote and I have also been trying out the beta of the gestures for the remote and I can tell you it's better than xbmc commander touch it has other things it can do and does it better. I have been hard on Richard trying to get it right and went through 7 betas I think and it's just about there.

Richards been very patiant with me and he's been a star getting it where it needs to be. Also some of his other betas he added some impressive stuff which has given me some great ideas for the none gesture touch button version. Also Richard as showed me some interesting things he can do in that view to.

Thanks Richard.
Sounds really good guys! = ) hope everything goes as you both want it. Then hopefully we will see this work soon I guess
When you have vacation and you are a bit bored why not experiment. Together with meridius we've tried to achieve the best touch experience for the remote you could have. We have used the input of several other apps and combined it!

This is the result so far: Big Grin

ok, this is how it works:

- On the screen you can use normal actions, like tap (Ok / Select), double tap (back), swipes (move one) and two finger touch (show OSD).
- When touching the screen and keep your finger touching the screen, the guidance kicks in (you can configure if you want to see it or not). The square in the middle is your initial touch location.
- Each square represents a defined speed in that direction (will be configurable). So you have a maximum of 6 different speeds available. You could also chose each square to have the same speed. Your call.
- When moving your finger to a square your selection bar in Kodi is moved to that direction at that speed
- When you lift your finger the timer stops (is configurable). Touch a square again the timer starts again.
- When a timer is running and you touch the screen outside the guidance area the timer stops.
- When no timers are running and you touch the screen outside the guidance area it sends an Ok/Select to Kodi. Also swipes are working to be more precise to get where you want.
- A double tap close the guidance.

Of course images, buttons still need to be added.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8