• 96(current)
Kyra for Kodi
thanks what you don't see is when you select the audio track a big selector button appears and then disappears in line with the gold line it will look good when you press it.

I just hope the image size and locations information I am given Richard works out right and I hope its better fro Richard as I am trying to name files and give him as much info as possible so that's its not a pain for him to do

there's a few animations I would like to do instead of just pop ups so am going to ask Richard for certain things to animate

eg

the audio and subtitle menus instead of them popping up I would love a slide up and slide down animation when you select it
Hi there,
i took some time and try to collect some figures on how fast the app acts on large libraries
long story short:
the experimental switch helps while the app is running, but overall the speed is slow in comparism with a remote App called XBMC Touch.
Get me right i like this app here, just try to help improving it :-)
Here my findings (richard have the specs of this lib, running on 15.0)

no Experimental cache set:
Start :
Movies: 65 sec
Show: 78 sec
Switch to Movies: 12 sec
Switch to shows: 4

Experimental cache active:
Start :
Movies: 62 sec
Show: 72 sec
Switch to Movies: 5 sec
Switch to shows: 2

restart app (to check if cache is active after restarting):
Start :
Movies: 75 sec
Show: 83 sec

Compare with XBMC Touch
Start:
Movies: 3 Sec
Shows: 2 Sec.
Switch to movies: <1sec
Switch to show: < 1 sec

Best Regards
@Linusorg.

I am glad the switch times have improved.
There are still things to tweak. When, for example, only retrieving the title and urls of the images of the movies in your Kodi library the data returned will be smaller and can be processed faster.
Another thing to add is to load at startup the movies from your device (offline cache).
The fast switching can be achieved by not closing the screens at all (and releasing available memory)...just hide it.

I made a design choice not to do the above. Using cached data, for example, at startup, you have to sync it. I won't name the app that's doing it, but I see movies....I want to scroll immediately, in the background it's being synched, and after a few seconds it redraws everything again. Very annoying. It keeps me from using the app. The library I have is continuously changing. Titles are removed and/or added. Resume times changes. Watched status changes. Last watched date changes.

And retrieving less data at the beginning will limit, for example, the sorting or filtering options.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Hi all

sorry for asking what are the top 10 most used flags this is just to start with more will be added later
I have

English
china
French
German
default if there is no flag
hi Richard,
i understand your concerns, but waiting on startup longer than a minute to scroll through your movie or show list, is annoying as well.
guess what app will have a higher WAF (Wife acceptance factor)? :-)
i dont mind if screens are not closed and memory are not freed up, the application itself should look fast and responsive, take a llok at the app that i mentioned to get a feeling what i am talking about.
i dont like the idea that when it comes to speed that KCC will fall behind, but thats my feeling if i am using and compare these two apps.
Hopefully you'll find ways to improve the speed even more.
Best Regards
(2015-08-16, 12:23)meridius Wrote: Hi all

sorry for asking what are the top 10 most used flags this is just to start with more will be added later
I have

English
china
French
German

I can give you that Smile but I hope 290 will be added after that Smile I can help you with it if takes times.

0. und - Undefined! No country!
1. eng - English
2. ger - German
3. fre - French
4. ita - Italian
5. rus - Russian
6. chi - Chinese
7. est - Estonian
8. ind - Indonesian
9. lav - Latvian
10. lit - Lithuanian
11. may - Malay
12. tha - Thai
13. ukr - Ukrainain
14. swe - Swedish
15. nor - Norwegian
16. dan - Danish
17. fin - Finnish
18. dut - Dutch, Flemish
19. hun - Hungarian
20. heb - Hebrew
21. pol - Polish
22. por - Portuguese
23. rum - Romanian, Moldavian, Moldovan
24. slo - Slovak
25. bul - Bulgarian
26. ira - iranian
27. spa - Spanish, Castillan
28. hrv - Croatian
29. cze - Czech
30. gre - Greek
31. tur - Turkish
32. jpn - Japanese

I started with this list but I haven't sort it
(2015-08-16, 12:30)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 12:23)meridius Wrote: Hi all

I have

English
china
French
German

I can give you that Smile but I hope 290 will be added after that Smile I can help you with it if takes times.

0. und - Undefined! No country!
1. eng - English
2. ger - German
3. fre - French
4. ita - Italian
5. rus - Russian
6. chi - Chinese
7. est - Estonian
8. ind - Indonesian
9. lav - Latvian
10. lit - Lithuanian
11. may - Malay
12. tha - Thai
13. ukr - Ukrainain
14. swe - Swedish
15. nor - Norwegian
16. dan - Danish
17. fin - Finnish
18. dut - Dutch, Flemish
19. hun - Hungarian
20. heb - Hebrew
21. pol - Polish
22. por - Portuguese
23. rum - Romanian, Moldavian, Moldovan
24. slo - Slovak
25. bul - Bulgarian
26. ira - iranian
27. spa - Spanish, Castillan
28. hrv - Croatian
29. cze - Czech
30. gre - Greek
31. tur - Turkish
32. jpn - Japanese

I started with this list but I haven't sort it

thanks
(2015-08-16, 12:29)Linusorg Wrote: hi Richard,
i understand your concerns, but waiting on startup longer than a minute to scroll through your movie or show list, is annoying as well.
guess what app will have a higher WAF (Wife acceptance factor)? :-)
i dont mind if screens are not closed and memory are not freed up, the application itself should look fast and responsive, take a llok at the app that i mentioned to get a feeling what i am talking about.
i dont like the idea that when it comes to speed that KCC will fall behind, but thats my feeling if i am using and compare these two apps.
Hopefully you'll find ways to improve the speed even more.
Best Regards

Of course I still have some ideas. To accommodate slower devices (like the raspberry pi, etc) the movies are retrieved in batches (currently 250 at a time). I could add the possibility to adjust it. I think this will help.
The experimental settings screen has definitely some use now! :-)
Hi all

I asked Richard about been able to have quick jump letters in the remote view (not for the ipad library) for the library in kodi on the screen abit how a keyboard works as there is no remote that I know of that does that.

Richard said a couple of days ago that it was not possible which was a shame as a big library would take awhile to get to the movie you wanted. well today Richard has found a way to do just that, so you now can have quick jumps in kodi as well as the ipad.

I have designed a quick jump menu bar that you can pull down and up to display the quick jump menu in the remote view as well as been able to select between a gesture type control or buttons control which you can see on the right side of the letters.

hope you like it

and thanks again to Richard for finding a way of doing that as I have always wanted that feature.
Hi Richard,
maybe add in this experimental screen some settings likehiding windows instead of releasing the memory, etc.
For more static libraries even more local caching should be more than fine
Doing this your users can deceide how they like the app to behave.
Best Regards
(2015-08-16, 14:53)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Richard,
maybe add in this experimental screen some settings likehiding windows instead of releasing the memory, etc.
Best Regards

I am curious about the loading times when you enable offline caching, retrieve the movies, close the app and start the app with no Kodi available. Would that test be possible?
(2015-08-16, 18:56)rschiks Wrote:
Best Regards

I am curious about the loading times when you enable offline caching, retrieve the movies, close the app and start the app with no Kodi available. Would that test be possible?

Hi Richard,
i will do that test next weekend, during the week, no kodi present.
Sorry for the delay
(2015-08-17, 19:26)Linusorg Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 18:56)rschiks Wrote:
Best Regards

Hi Richard,
i will do that test next weekend, during the week, no kodi present.
Sorry for the delay

No problem! thanks.
With the release of version 1.7 I want to introduce a new name for the app.
No, it's not forced by the Kodi team, it's because I think the app in it's current state is already more than just a remote (trakt support, search for movie/series info) and in the future I want to extend the app with even more great features. Features that don't have a relation with Kodi directly, but will be a great addition.

I already thought of a name (which I keep for myself right now), but maybe you guys have an even better name.
Of course the name should be available on the App Store and as a .com, Facebook, etc.
The name should be as short as possible and should be catchy.

I look forward to any suggestions!
(2015-08-19, 11:47)rschiks Wrote: With the release of version 1.7 I want to introduce a new name for the app.
No, it's not forced by the Kodi team, it's because I think the app in it's current state is already more than just a remote (trakt support, search for movie/series info) and in the future I want to extend the app with even more great features. Features that don't have a relation with Kodi directly, but will be a great addition.

I already thought of a name (which I keep for myself right now), but maybe you guys have an even better name.
Of course the name should be available on the App Store and as a .com, Facebook, etc.
The name should be as short as possible and should be catchy.

I look forward to any suggestions!

The Awesome Smart Playlist Queue button app? Tongue

no serious

The best Name Would Be: PrimeCC
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8