• 151(current)
Kyra for Kodi
rschiks do you have any plans to continue the work that meridius helped you with, regarding the theme work that he started with?
(2016-01-27, 23:07)Goliath2000 Wrote: rschiks do you have any plans to continue the work that meridius helped you with, regarding the theme work that he started with?

Sure I will continue it. As mentioned in one of the previous posts I now have the possibility to implement different UI's (did that at the same time when creating the iPhone version).
In other words: nothing is fixed anymore. There can be a new menu, bottom menu bars, top menu bars, it can be full screen, there's the possibility to retrieve other information from Kodi. Everything is possible. Now it will not interfere with the default interface. Also not every menu option has to be in there, e.g. a new theme can be created with only movies, series, music and a remote control.

The iPhone version is almost done.

I hope meridius has the time and more important, still wants to do it.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2016-01-28, 09:20)rschiks Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 23:07)Goliath2000 Wrote: rschiks do you have any plans to continue the work that meridius helped you with, regarding the theme work that he started with?

Sure I will continue it. As mentioned in one of the previous posts I now have the possibility to implement different UI's (did that at the same time when creating the iPhone version).
In other words: nothing is fixed anymore. There can be a new menu, bottom menu bars, top menu bars, it can be full screen, there's the possibility to retrieve other information from Kodi. Everything is possible. Now it will not interfere with the default interface. Also not every menu option has to be in there, e.g. a new theme can be created with only movies, series, music and a remote control.

That's really nice! I hope so too! I loved the way you too where working together.

Hi Richard.

I know I have not posted in a long time but I am still here and always reading the posts and work your doing and the app is shaping up to be the best.

I have not looked at the themes in a long time but when your ready just let me know. I have a few ideas but never looked into them as its a lot of work.

I'll always have time for your app.
(2016-01-28, 20:32)Goliath2000 Wrote:

That's really nice! I hope so too! I loved the way you too where working together.

Hi mate thanks for the kind words.
(2016-01-29, 21:53)meridius Wrote: Hi Richard.

I know I have not posted in a long time but I am still here and always reading the posts and work your doing and the app is shaping up to be the best.

I have not looked at the themes in a long time but when your ready just let me know. I have a few ideas but never looked into them as its a lot of work.

I'll always have time for your app.

Great to hear Big Grin
I know that earlier we discussed (mostly on my side) of things that are not that easy to implement because of the current theme. With the creation of the iPhone version I think I took most issues away. To be honest: I think the only requirement is that there needs to be option to switch to other themes Big Grin
Full screen, other fonts, other buttons, other colors that's all possible now. I also made changes that working on a new theme and adding features to the current theme won't be a problem.

As you have problably seen I am almost done with the iPhone version. When it's released we can continue discussing the ideas for a new theme, together with the members of this forum.
All the work for the iPhone version is done :-)

Upcoming weekend I will do a second test round, before I will make the first beta available.

This version will also include a new feature, a surprise feature!
Congrats man !
(2016-02-07, 12:03)Njaynl Wrote: Congrats man !

Thanks! I hope it's worth the wait.
Here's a preview of the new feature called Cinemagraphs. Of course this will be available in the new version and upcoming beta.

I really liked the idea of those animated gifs you find on this forum (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727) and the rest of the internet. There's not really one source so I decided to create a database of my own and host them (it will be public available after the release).
I have already added over 100 animated posters and 60 backgrounds and there will be added more in the future. If you have one that you would like to be added please send me a PM.
Every animated item has a source and contributed by displayed next to it, so I am not stepping on anyone's toes Big Grin
As I said before, I copied them from everywhere so it's only fair that I will make the database available for everyone. It contains the resized and original versions.

Using the new menu option called Cinemagraphs you can select, cache and preview them. When selected it will be displayed in the movies overview. Some of the animations are quite big, hence the option cache.
In the settings you can make the animated posters and backgrounds available in the info bar, collection overview and movie information.
You can decide where and which one.

I hope you really like this new option! Upcoming weekend, if everything is going ok, I will prepare the first beta for testing. This will be the new 2.0 version universal app (iPad and iPhone).

Check out the youtube movies:

Richard that is awesome, thank you!!!

I am eagerly awaiting the next version! Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2016-02-07, 20:19)bsoriano Wrote: Richard that is awesome, thank you!!!

I am eagerly awaiting the next version! Smile

Regards,

Bart

Glad you like it! The next version won't take that long anymore.
A better quality youtube movie which demonstrates the Cinemagraphs option in the iPhone version:

I am now going to prepare the new version for beta testing. No really big features are going to be added anymore, so here are the release notes for version 2.0 (might add only some small things during beta testing period).

----------------------------

Great news!!!!

Kyra for Kodi is now a universal app. Enjoy this app on your iPhone too. If you have already bought the Pro version, just do a restore purchase on your iPhone to use the Pro features.

Some of the highlights:
- Multiple views for your movies and series.
- Quick menu for easy access. Can be customised.
- Left edge menu for easy jumping in different screens.
- A remote control with touch gestures and a scroll pad with different speeds.
- A dashboard with all kinds of information.
- Right edge menu for your basic Kodi controls. Can be customised.
- Music. Different views for artists, albums, genres and year.
- Progress. An easy overview of your progress of your favourite series.
- History. Tells you what you have watched and when.
- Smart playlists.
- Library management.
- Fan art management.
- Offline caching.
- Cinemagraphs. Use beautiful animated posters and backgrounds from an online database in your favourite view.

Version 2.0 also contains the following updates:

- Zeroconf support added. When you have zeroconf enabled on your Kodi machine Kyra can automatically configure the settings for you. No need to do it manually anymore. Just enter your username and password and you're done.
- The menu has been split into a standard and advanced menu. In the general settings you can configure it to always display the advanced menu.
- Hide movies/series fixes.
- Smart playlists now displays the contents of the smart playlist. An option to add / insert an item to the queue has been added.
- (Recently added) episodes date added sort option added.
- Dashboard box office numbers fixed (source was changed).
- Some RSS feed special characters are now displayed normally.
- Kodi RSS feed added to main screen. The Pro version allows you to disable it or change the feeds (see RSS under settings).
- Open menu on start option added (general settings).
- Help extended.
- Tap to scroll option added. This option gives you the option to disable automatic scrolling of large labels. Tapping it enable scrolling.
- A search bar has been added to the Live TV option.
- Lots of tweaks and small fixes.

Pro version:
- Cinemagraphs option added: Enjoy beautiful animated posters and backgrounds of your favourite movies in your view. Just select them from an online database. New posters and backgrounds will be added regularly. It gives your library a whole new experience.
- Fanart management option added. This feature gives you an overview of all your selected fan art and the ability to change / delete it.
- History speed improvements. History now uses it's own offline cache.
- Option to rename Movies XL to Movies added (general settings).
- Option to rename Series XL to Series added (general settings).
- Option retract info bar on start Movies XL added (general settings).
- Option retract info bar on start Series XL added (general settings).
I take it that this isn't available yet? If I have the pro version on my ipad, while I have to purchase this for the iphone? Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8