• 174(current)
Kyra for Kodi
No reaction at all? Is it a bad idea?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
I have just submitted version 2.2.1 containing small fixes.
(2016-12-01, 12:59)rschiks Wrote: Now that Kyra for Trakt is available on the App Store I have some more time again! :-)

Of course I have learned a lot of new stuff for the last 7 months this app took to made. I have added features which I think will be interesting for Kyra for Kodi.
It also gave me some time to think how to continue with Kyra for Kodi.

The following things are on my mind:
- I still want to update the graphics of the current version, which of course take time.
- There's still some new things to be added to the current version.
- I also want to make something entirely new, maybe Kyra for Kodi 2.

And with the last item I am thinking of taking a different approach. Check out this demo from the other app first:

Maybe this personal dashboard should be the main screen of the new app. Everything is done from here.

During the development of Kyra for Kodi (which you can read all about in this thread) I have started to build it the way I thought it should be. I was posting a lot of screen shots and it took quite a while before it was available on the App Store.

My idea:

Create a new app and from the very start and test builds will be available using Apple's TestFlight. It can be used and tested immediately.
Feedback can be given and discussed and will be implemented to be tested again. No more waiting months for it to be available and just looking at screen shots all the time.
We start with a main item (e.g. Movies, Series, Personal Dashboard) and continue from there. Input can be suggestions or screen layouts/graphics like meridius did.

A sort of community build of a new app where I am just doing the coding.

What do you think of this idea?

I love your idea Richard! And count me in as a beta tester as soon as you start.

Regards,

Bart
Let me start by saying I really have no idea how I have not known about your app before now.

Its look fantastic and the interface on first use seems great...but I do have a few questions

Now I am a little out of the ordinary when it comes to me Kodi library. I host it on a 100TB (28 TB spare) server and that is currently holding 6000+ movies and 460 TV series. IT is setup using a MySql database as this lets me centralise my library on up to 7 different KODI installations throughout my home and allows me to synchronise watched status and also start a movie on one box and carry it on on another at a later point.

On first use it is taking a long time to bring up my movie and/or tv show databases....so I am wondering if there is anyway to have this database saved locally in some way to be fleshed whenever the Kodi library is updated.

I have just timed the TV section and it took just over 1 minute to populate....and the movies was about the same....in the big picture that isn't a long time but it is enough for me to wonder if I'm am going to bother starting the app at all or just look through on my main screen using either my harmony remote or keyboard. I have also set up Alexa integration via my Echo Dot so I have a few options available. Of course on top of the time taken, if I ever switch between movies and TV the whole buffering process starts again...

This small point aside, the system looks amazing and is exactly what my iPad Pro 129 was made for....it looks stunning...

Had a couple other questions.....On the dashboard is it possible to edit what is seen on this screen...I don't use KODI for music (I have a smaller NAS for a large music collection plus I use Spotify premium and other free music sources.....so being able to remove recent albums from the dashboard would be beneficial.

Secondly, the WOL option is great but I have a server which feeds my builds. The server can and does update the movie/tv database when its populated so being able to WOL that machine and then switch to which ever machine Im actually matching at a later date would be great...can you think of a better way I could do this with the app in its current state.

Im very interested if you would like to add me to your beta test as I love getting my hands dirty with KODI and assume the size of my library may be useful for testing.
Just another quick message to say that Ive just brought the Pro version and im so glad I did.

My questions about the cached collections was answered by upgrading and its working well....watching on Kodi right now so can't check yet but does this info case when all instances of KODI are off so I can still check my collection?

Although movies and series are cached was wondering if the history section can be cached as well. I know Im lucky that I have a 128GB iPad Pro but if there was an option to cache this data it would be great. It looks like the progress information is cached so im guessing this might be possible.

In series view would it be possible to add the option to sort by DATE ADDED. This is how I sort on KODI itself bandits great to see which episodes are the most recently added

Is it also possible to view a playlist instead of the whole movie section.

For example, I have documentaries, music style files (concerts and music docs) and standup comedy in separate playlists so they don't show upon my MOVIEs section...

Would be great if I can choose to view each playlist in its own right...this may well already be there but I think I am struggling to find it if that is the case. ON a closer look it seems I can access the playlists from within the Movies/Series XL section, but it would be great to access chosen playlists from the top configurable menu

Also noticing that I don't for example have any data on the quality of the movies in the database...so If I replace a dvd copy of a movie with a ripped BluRay version, I can see both versions in the database but they look identical from the listing

Finally, when looking through the entire my MOVIES playlist I can see Sets within this as well...is this possible either ideally within a playlist As a major item or at least via a smart playlist

Apologies if this isn't the right place or format for suggestions but im a little excited a bout how good this app is and want to be able to offer as much feedback as I can
(2016-12-14, 01:27)jouster Wrote: Just another quick message to say that Ive just brought the Pro version and im so glad I did.

My questions about the cached collections was answered by upgrading and its working well....watching on Kodi right now so can't check yet but does this info case when all instances of KODI are off so I can still check my collection?

Although movies and series are cached was wondering if the history section can be cached as well. I know Im lucky that I have a 128GB iPad Pro but if there was an option to cache this data it would be great. It looks like the progress information is cached so im guessing this might be possible.

In series view would it be possible to add the option to sort by DATE ADDED. This is how I sort on KODI itself bandits great to see which episodes are the most recently added

For example, I have documentaries, music style files (concerts and music docs) and standup comedy in separate playlists so they don't show upon my MOVIEs section...

Would be great if I can choose to view each playlist in its own right...this may well already be there but I think I am struggling to find it if that is the case. ON a closer look it seems I can access the playlists from within the Movies/Series XL section, but it would be great to access chosen playlists from the top configurable menu

Also noticing that I don't for example have any data on the quality of the movies in the database...so If I replace a dvd copy of a movie with a ripped BluRay version, I can see both versions in the database but they look identical from the listing

Finally, when looking through the entire my MOVIES playlist I can see Sets within this as well...is this possible either ideally within a playlist As a major item or at least via a smart playlist

Apologies if this isn't the right place or format for suggestions but im a little excited a bout how good this app is and want to be able to offer as much feedback as I can

Hi,

A lot of things you mentioned are possible. It's great to read everybody is using Kodi differently, which makes it quite challenging for an app.

When I read your two posts it gave me some things to think about. Some of the suggestions really sound great.
(2016-12-14, 21:49)rschiks Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 01:27)jouster Wrote: Just another quick message to say that Ive just brought the Pro version and im so glad I did.

Hi,

A lot of things you mentioned are possible. It's great to read everybody is using Kodi differently, which makes it quite challenging for an app.

When I read your two posts it gave me some things to think about. Some of the suggestions really sound great.

If you ever want anything tested on a large database do let me Know as happy to try things out for you

Sent from my iPhone
New animated posters and backgrounds have been added to the database: 8 new posters and 3 new backgrounds.
The database now contains 506 animated posters and 586 animated backgrounds of 614 different movies.
Can your remote app handle HUGE library's? I have had issues with all kodi remote apps (iOS) not syncing libary data to iPad due to libary size.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
Just grabbed your app and bought the pro version. Using series XL it loads my big libary very fast, but when I click on any tv show it says "no series information available". Any thoughts how to fix?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-02, 12:42)rschiks Wrote: New animated posters and backgrounds have been added to the database: 8 new posters and 3 new backgrounds.
The database now contains 506 animated posters and 586 animated backgrounds of 614 different movies.

This could be a dumb question, but the cinemagraps in your app don't sync to Kodi correct? Just for the app display?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-03, 06:05)Ruk12345 Wrote: Just grabbed your app and bought the pro version. Using series XL it loads my big libary very fast, but when I click on any tv show it says "no series information available". Any thoughts how to fix?

Then there's no tvdb id available for that series. It requires it to retrieve additional info, e.g. all episodes for that series, actors.
When scraping series the default scraper in Kodi is thetvdb.com.
(2017-01-03, 06:12)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 12:42)rschiks Wrote: New animated posters and backgrounds have been added to the database: 8 new posters and 3 new backgrounds.

This could be a dumb question, but the cinemagraps in your app don't sync to Kodi correct? Just for the app display?

Yes, correct. If you want animated posters in Kodi you need a skin that supports it.
(2017-01-03, 10:59)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 06:05)Ruk12345 Wrote: Just grabbed your app and bought the pro version. Using series XL it loads my big libary very fast, but when I click on any tv show it says "no series information available". Any thoughts how to fix?

Then there's no tvdb id available for that series. It requires it to retrieve additional info, e.g. all episodes for that series, actors.
When scraping series the default scraper in Kodi is thetvdb.com.

My libary on Kodi is fine and scraped. Just in the remote app I get the "no series info available" for TV show. It shows all the art, but nothing more.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-03, 11:01)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 06:12)Ruk12345 Wrote:

Yes, correct. If you want animated posters in Kodi you need a skin that supports it.

I understand that part I am using aeon mq7. Was curious if I change a poster via Kyra's cinemagraps feature will it also update that art in my libary or just the art displayed on Kyra.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
  • 174(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8