• 175(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2017-01-03, 17:22)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 10:59)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 06:05)Ruk12345 Wrote: Just grabbed your app and bought the pro version. Using series XL it loads my big libary very fast, but when I click on any tv show it says "no series information available". Any thoughts how to fix?

Then there's no tvdb id available for that series. It requires it to retrieve additional info, e.g. all episodes for that series, actors.
When scraping series the default scraper in Kodi is thetvdb.com.

My libary on Kodi is fine and scraped. Just in the remote app I get the "no series info available" for TV show. It shows all the art, but nothing more.

Can you give me an example of a series which is giving that error?
Which Kodi version are you using?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2017-01-03, 17:24)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 11:01)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 06:12)Ruk12345 Wrote: This could be a dumb question, but the cinemagraps in your app don't sync to Kodi correct? Just for the app display?

Yes, correct. If you want animated posters in Kodi you need a skin that supports it.

I understand that part I am using aeon mq7. Was curious if I change a poster via Kyra's cinemagraps feature will it also update that art in my libary or just the art displayed on Kyra.

The skin is using a different mechanisme to download amd store the animated poster. It's not a standard Kodi feature, meaning not available by the API.
(2017-01-03, 18:03)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 18:00)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 17:22)Ruk12345 Wrote: My libary on Kodi is fine and scraped. Just in the remote app I get the "no series info available" for TV show. It shows all the art, but nothing more.

Can you give me an example of a series which is giving that error?
Which Kodi version are you using?

All of the Tv series is doing this. Movies is working fine tho.

Oh recently added Epsoides works. I had had issues like this with other remote apps due to my libary size. Typically others won't even show the tv art. So when I saw that yours populated the tv art I was hopeful.

Krypton Libreelec Krypton Beta 7

Which scraper is configured?
My older sources have tvdb my newer are using localinfo as I scrape everything using ViMediaManager.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
I don't think it's a scraping issue as epsoide info is shown in the recently added epsoides area.

Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-03, 18:18)Ruk12345 Wrote: I don't think it's a scraping issue as epsoide info is shown in the recently added epsoides area.

Retrieving the episodes is a different call to Kodi. It has no relation with the retrieval of the series information.

In the other scenario I think the tvdbid is missing in the local nfo files. Please check it.
I spot checked a bunch, they all have IMDB and Tvdb ID's
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-03, 18:31)Ruk12345 Wrote: I spot checked a bunch, they all have IMDB and Tvdb ID's

To make it even more complicated.....the tvdbid is returned by the api of kodi through the imdbnumber.
The api doesn't know a tvdbid...only imdb numbers.
So the imdbnumber field contains the tvdbid......

not my fault.....:-)

When using the tvdb scraper in Kodi all should work fine.
Only 2 of my sources are using local info scraper. The rest are all ready using the tvdb scraper
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-03, 20:54)Ruk12345 Wrote: Only 2 of my sources are using local info scraper. The rest are all ready using the tvdb scraper

Please provide a name of a series that is giving problems so I can see if I can reproduce the issue.

I have a Kodi 17 rc2 system. I will add it using the tvdb scraper and see if the app is giving an issue. You never know :-)
(2017-01-03, 21:16)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 20:54)Ruk12345 Wrote: Only 2 of my sources are using local info scraper. The rest are all ready using the tvdb scraper

Please provide a name of a series that is giving problems so I can see if I can reproduce the issue.

I have a Kodi 17 rc2 system. I will add it using the tvdb scraper and see if the app is giving an issue. You never know :-)

It's all 1500 of them. 80% of that is using the tvdb scraper. The libary in Kodi is perfect.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-03, 21:36)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 21:16)rschiks Wrote:

It's all 1500 of them. 80% of that is using the tvdb scraper. The libary in Kodi is perfect.

Ok, well, then I have really have no idea. The error message you are getting is that the app can't connect to thetvdb.com to retrieve additional info. Usually it's a missing tvdb number.
(2017-01-03, 22:10)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 21:36)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 21:16)rschiks Wrote: Please provide a name of a series that is giving problems so I can see if I can reproduce the issue.

Ok, well, then I have really have no idea. The error message you are getting is that the app can't connect to thetvdb.com to retrieve additional info. Usually it's a missing tvdb number.

I am betting it's the size of my libary. I had a similar issue with "the remote for Kodi/constellation" and that was the conclusion. After I saw the art populate in your app I was hopeful.

Thanks for trying.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-03, 22:49)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 22:10)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 21:36)Ruk12345 Wrote: It's all 1500 of them. 80% of that is using the tvdb scraper. The libary in Kodi is perfect.

I am betting it's the size of my libary. I had a similar issue with "the remote for Kodi/constellation" and that was the conclusion. After I saw the art populate in your app I was hopeful.

Thanks for trying.

No, it's not the size....it's tested by fellow forum members or other users with even larger libraries. The data returned by Kodi in the MoviesXL or SeriesXL is a few kb per item. You need to have more than 20000 series to have a real issue. Also the reason why the MoviesXL and SeriesXL is a lot faster. Less data is being retrieved and needs to be processed. Besides the data can also be retrieved in batches.

If it was a library size retrieval problem the result would be missing data and results in parsing data errors. The series are already on your screen so retrieval and parsing is done. That's why you see the posters.
The tvdb has been very flakey last few days I think the site is down now.

Just so I understand correctly, the remote app pulls the tv show info directly from tvdb not from what's scraped in my libary?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
  • 175(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8