TiVo Control script (Remote)
tivocontrol for xbmc

this python script is basically just an interface to tivoweb. so if you don't have tivoweb running on your tivo then this script isn't for you.
with this script you can delete and undelete shows, and cancel upcoming recordings from within xbmc.

make sure to edit tivocontrol.py to change the variables to suit your tivoweb setup. then just copy the file in to xbmc's 'scripts' folder, and run tivocontrol.py from xbmc's scripts menu.

download

note: this script has only been tested with a uk tivo, and although i have found it to work perfectly i accept no responsibilty if it deletes the wrong show or something. let me know if it works fine on your tivo.
have you tested this with tivoweb plus? i know a parser i did had issues with the differences.
(mpauley73 @ mar. 13 2004,20:32 Wrote:have you tested this with tivoweb plus? i know a parser i did had issues with the differences.
no, i'm just using the standard tivoweb. i might give it a try though, i expect it'll cause problems.
it works fine with tivoweb plus.. just tried it on my box, undeleted a show and then deleted it again and it had no problems...

nice script Smile
(sniperkilla @ mar. 17 2004,03:51 Wrote:it works fine with tivoweb plus.. just tried it on my box, undeleted a show and then deleted it again and it had no problems...

nice script Smile
yay, at last someone else has actually tried it. Smile
yea its pretty useless for me with both boxes connected on the same tv.. shit the xbox is sitting on top of the directv tivo ... but its nice when i want to watch something i may have deleted.. and im already in bed :p i can just switch to the xbox input and undelete it rather then having to get up on the pc Smile
i'm going to try it today too!

v. keen to get as much tivo-like functionality as possible within xbmc - it will be like having a second tivo upstairs!
burriko rides again!

it works a treat! as you say in the readme, basically an interface to tivoweb, but why re-invent the wheel?

what would be nice would be:

- order shows alphabetically
- better display of upcoming recordings, e.g. date/time/show
- click on a show to get the episode description (or press info)
- view tv guide data & schedule recordings!!
*** (the biggie - this would be awesome) ***

to pull the episode description from the html source, i originally tried:

Quote:class nowshowing:
   def getlisting(self):
       self.description = re.findall('<a title="(.+?)"', page)

...but, of course, it doesn't work because not every episode has a description!  you get a smaller array. so, i figured you can start by grabbing the episode id with:

Quote:        self.subid = re.findall('.*/showing/.*?/(.+?)"', page)  

...and then, it should just be a case of pulling the description (or blank description) from:

http://tivo/showing/{series id}/{sub id}

i don't really have the time (and i'm quite new to python) to implement this, but burriko if you do get around to re-writing this one like you mentioned, then i hope this at least of some use!

i think a custom module for tivoweb would be the best way to go, though.  we could get it to output nowshowing as xml and parse it from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TiVo Control script (Remote)0