Kodi 14 Upgrade issue
Photo 
Following on from this - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208010

I have two separate systems running Linux Mint 17:

On the first system I upgraded from Gotham to Kodi using nightly ppa, prior to Beta release
I have since removed the nightly ppa and attempted to upgrade to first beta 1, then beta 2
The Terminal window appears to confirm it is doing this (first to the beta 1, then to the beta 2)
However the system information still reports Alpha 5

Second system - this one I upgraded from 13 directly to 14 beta 1 - this one took the 14 beta 1 upgrade correctly and displayed beta 1 in the system info .
Note that only the unstable ppa was added, not the nightly ppa
Now tried to upgrade to beta 2 - apt-get update to update the ppa, then apt-get install xbmc
Again, per the Terminal, it appears to be doing this, showing reference to beta 2;
yet again once 'completed' this system shows the system info still on Beta 1

So - upgrade from 13 to either alpha or beta was successful
Upgrade from alpha to beta 1 or beta 2, nor beta 1 to beta 2 are not.

I'm not sure whether the upgrade itself is being executed, and just the system info is not changing?
Or whether the upgrade is not executing, hence the unchanged status.

But certainly appears to be some kind of bug when upgrading an existing 14 install, but not when going from 13 to a 14 version

here is screenshot of terminal from system 2 while attempting upgrade to beta 2 which looks like is applying correctly

Again, at conclusion of above, system information in Kodi till shows beta 1
OK - figured it out -
install 'xbmc' works to upgrade from 13 to 14;

but once a version of `14' has been installed, need to now use the command

Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi

i.e NOT xbmc!

Wiki needs to be updated Big Grin
guess you just found a bug in my transitional packages. Xbmc and xbmc-bin are now virtual packages that are provided by kodi and kodi-bin.

Since you used "apt-get install xbmc" apt now doesn't automatically install the corresponding xbmc-bin package as the dependency is missing.

Doing apt-get upgrade would have worked, as does installing kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14 Upgrade issue0