Errors starting up XBMC
I have a MyGica ATV 1200 running XBMC. When I select XBMC, as it loads up I get these errors.

1. URL Error - unable to connect to server
2. unable to connect to host
3. Error in Artwork Rotation Thread
4. Err0r 7 - no address associated with host name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reboot123
I am having the same error with Minix X8-H. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Educated guess: The web service behind this addon died.
I am having the same errors with addition "[Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed"

XBMC 12.2 Windows

hxxp://pastebin.com/VVADLFqd

Ah.. Hah.. Did the work I was asking someone else to do.

Looked through the log decided "XBMB3C Browser Add On" was the culprit.

Disabled Addon, XBMB3C found in the programs category.

stopped receiving the error.

Resolved.
Disabling XBMC3C also worked for me and got rid of the error messages. Thanks guys
(2014-11-13, 04:10)josephmaguire Wrote: I am having the same errors with addition "[Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed"

XBMC 12.2 Windows

hxxp://pastebin.com/VVADLFqd

Ah.. Hah.. Did the work I was asking someone else to do.

Looked through the log decided "XBMB3C Browser Add On" was the culprit.

Disabled Addon, XBMB3C found in the programs category.

stopped receiving the error.

Resolved.

Thanks so much...worked for me too!
So I'm looking under programs for the same issue and cannot find that add on to uninstall it...is there somewhere else I should be looking?
Hey debandrandy.... not sure if you are still having this issue. I was having the same issue and have found that disabling the Media Browser fixed my issue. I was getting the following errors:

Started XBMC... got URL Error: unable to connect to server
then got the [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed error message
and finally got the Error in Artwork Rotation Thread error message

after a few days of looking in the xbmc.logs and seeings these errors relate to XBMB3C addon ...which I did not have... i start to disable and enable addons until I did not receive the error messages any longer. I know, baby/bathwater out the window sort-of troubleshooting. The following addon apparently was causing the problem:

MediaBrowser

If you ARE using the Media Browser, I would suggest reading the thread on troubleshooting and configuration at this link outside the XBMC Community:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...to-server/

If you ARE NOT using this addon for whatever reason follow these easy steps:
Go to System ---> Settings ----> Addons ---> Enabled Addons ---> Program Addons ---> MediaBroswer (Right click and select Addon Information or press the C button) ---> Select Disable

At this point my XBMC crashed (looking at my logs later to see why) but I restarted and it is working without any errors so far!

I hope this helps anyone out there...

Holyjuice
Thanks Holyjuice - I had MediaBrowser installed - actually in many of the categories, but the one you mentioned in Program Addons was the one that did the trick!

Thanks!!!
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors starting up XBMC0