Discussion moved to garbage!
Hi,

I just would like to make sure that my intentions on this thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1835886

are deemed honourable. I suspected that the OP had something going on 'under the skin' as it were.

The reason I asked what repos were being used was to draw it out. In fact I had a whole reply post going as here:

Quote:Yup suspected as much. Don't blame me but I really like it this way. I LOVE xbmc/Kodi because of the people that make it happen. They abide by the law and do everything as legit as they can!

Have you seen this:?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Thing is before this thread becomes garbage you need to know what you are doing?

And please don't shout at me, I am trying to help!

The thing is you are a victim here and are buying into something that seemed good at the time but you were mis-sold?

There is very little for free in this world my friend.

before it got moved to garbage! Where I have no ability to edit after the fact.

What I didn't want is for anyone to think that I was encouraging abuse!

In fact if team Kodi would like someone else to help out binning this extra stuff I would put my name forward but guess you already have rules etc in place for this?

I am just so fed up with having to trawl through so many posts from people thinking that they have an xbmc/Kodi set up that they have paid good money for and is built on your good name but with bad intentions.......

thanks for listening
I think you can relax, noone thinks any worse of you for asking what addons the guy was using.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-14, 00:54)nickr Wrote: I think you can relax, noone thinks any worse of you for asking what addons the guy was using.

Thanks nickr, as usual, just didn't want to be mis-understood, have relaxed now Wink
Lord he hasn't learned though http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1835918
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-14, 01:17)nickr Wrote: Lord he hasn't learned though http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1835918

At least I got my comment in before it becomes garbage, again Wink
He told us what he was installing, which earned him a garbage spot.

We understood you were asking him to get to know whether he needed support or garbaged. I am sure noone thought you did anything wrong Smile

We get too many of these, even though the rules are now linked to in red on top of the forum and when writing a post.
(2014-11-14, 01:57)Kib Wrote: He told us what he was installing, which earned him a garbage spot.

We understood you were asking him to get to know whether he needed support or garbaged. I am sure noone thought you did anything wrong Smile

We get too many of these, even though the rules are now linked to in red on top of the forum and when writing a post.

Thanks Kib, it must be sooooo frustrating for you lot to have to trawl through this stuff. But it is also really frustrating as an honest end user, that has read up about this stuff to see it again and again appearing here.

Totally understand and know that you are working on it!

Once again thanks so much team Kodi!
(2014-11-14, 01:57)Kib Wrote: He told us what he was installing, which earned him a garbage spot.

Yeah I noticed the extra warnings.
(2014-11-14, 02:04)steeb Wrote: Thanks Kib, it must be sooooo frustrating for you lot to have to trawl through this stuff. But it is also really frustrating as an honest end user, that has read up about this stuff to see it again and again appearing here.

Until we have a better solution (working on it!) we now have a simple tool that with one click moves the entire thread to garbage with a redirect that expires after a few days, closes it, changes the topic etc etc. It has simplified our lives a bit, but it doesn't take into account the other posts in the thread.

Anyway, several ideas are floating around, but working them out takes time - and we are also doing some other stuff at the same time which are more pressing (releasing Kodi, domain migration, etc)
(2014-11-14, 02:11)Kib Wrote:
(2014-11-14, 02:04)steeb Wrote: Thanks Kib, it must be sooooo frustrating for you lot to have to trawl through this stuff. But it is also really frustrating as an honest end user, that has read up about this stuff to see it again and again appearing here.

Until we have a better solution (working on it!) we now have a simple tool that with one click moves the entire thread to garbage with a redirect that expires after a few days, closes it, changes the topic etc etc. It has simplified our lives a bit, but it doesn't take into account the other posts in the thread.

Anyway, several ideas are floating around, but working them out takes time - and we are also doing some other stuff at the same time which are more pressing (releasing Kodi, domain migration, etc)

Yup, you gotta load on your plate Wink

Just seeing if there may be a way I can help. Prob not as I am sure you have your systems in place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discussion moved to garbage!0