Possible bug with files that are renamed?
I run into this frequently with my TV episodes. (I can't remember if it's happened with movies.) I thought you would like to know. Let me see if I can explain.

I'll be adding a new show, so I click the update database, and the show entry is there. But for the episodes, tinyMM has duplicate listings. It seems like it's due to renaming of the files or because tinyMM is jumping the gun in some way. Adding the episodes before it has an episode listing (because the show has not been scraped, it seems like tinyMM already tries to recognize the episodes before I get a chance to click and scrape the show).

Or maybe this is only happening when files are renamed, but I'm not sure how to explain this process.

It probably only happens when you have season folder(s) but that is almost always since we are dealing with TV. I wonder if this only happens because I have the "automatically scrape images" checked or some other preference.

I don't mind the duplicates happening at first, but when I click update on the show, I think it should fix itself by re-reading the filenames/folders or whatever is necessary. It doesn't fix itself which seems like it would confuse people. The only thing I found to do is remove the entire show, then update the database so the show gets re-added. When I do this, the show and episodes are perfect, with all duplicates gone. But I wish I could force the update with one click instead of that process.

Or is this something only I'm experiencing?
As far As I know, there is only a optical glitch with TV shows..
Restart tmm and the duplicates will be gone
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible bug with files that are renamed?0