• 1(current)
Bluetooth Amazon FireTV Stick Remote
Hey all,

I was on Amazon just before and noticed that there was a new Amazon device called the Amazon FireTV Stick. It's similar to Chromecast.
But that wasn't what interested me though. The remote that came with the package looked pretty cool and simple. And the fact that it uses bluetooth means it can be used without direct vision.

Does anybody know if these would work out-of-the-box with XBMC?
More specifically, Chromebox with OpenELEC?

Wouldn't mind getting 2 for $15 each.

Image Image

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Remote...ick+remote

Cheers,
Mazza
The remote that comes with the normal Fire TV is basically a bluetooth keyboard, and it works with other bluetooth computers and devices. I would assume the same for the Fire TV Stick remote.

Very awesome to see that the remote alone is only $15. This should be a good option for many people.
$15 is not bad at all. It's small and does 90% of the things needed in Kodi.
For Kodi, I like my FTV remote better than my Harmony 700.
Not sure it would work with Chromebox with OpenELEC/Kodi. But, with Kodi on FTV, if you use keymap #3 here, it works very well. Haven't tried #4 (just noticed it; must have been added recently).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Shame it doesn't have a stop button though.
Keymap #4 seem to have FF/RW mixed.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-11-16, 17:16)t2ffn Wrote: Shame it doesn't have a stop button though.

In those keyboard.xml files above, the back key is stop during full screen video.
(2014-11-16, 18:34)xbs08 Wrote: Keymap #4 seem to have FF/RW mixed.

oops, fixed
(2014-11-16, 17:06)hdmkv Wrote: Not sure it would work with Chromebox with OpenELEC/Kodi

why wouldn't/shouldn't it? it's just a Bluetooth HID device
(2014-11-16, 22:36)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-11-16, 17:06)hdmkv Wrote: Not sure it would work with Chromebox with OpenELEC/Kodi

why wouldn't/shouldn't it? it's just a Bluetooth HID device

Asus Chromebox (Open ELEC dual boot) works with the Fire TV remote.
cd2022, how do I hook my fire tv remote up to the ASUS Chromebox. And what key configuration did you use?
I installed Gotham on my Chromebox does that work with the fire tv remote?

Thanks
Yesterday my FireTV Stick Remote arrived,

14$ remote (top price!)
30$ carrying charges (USA -> Japan ~.~)

It works with my OE (4.2.1, xbmc 13.2) + NUC i5 out of the box with the Asus BT400 Dongle.
The first Time I selected in OE Menu "Trust and connect" then after a restart connection seems broken (Page Timeout, etc)
after Deleting + set the remote in discoverable mode (Press 5 -10sec the Home button) and paired only with "connect" ... everything seems fine! ...

... excepting the "Context Menu" Key Upper Right button. FIx with a short remap and I Love it!
so much faster than my old Apple Remote (sliver)
Hoping to get a little help using the fire tv stick with my chromebox. By default it works pretty well however when I try to use the fire tv keymaps in openelec in the /userdata/keymap folder it appears openelec doesn't recognize the xml file. The context button doesn't work at all.

So my question is can the firetv remote keymaps work with the firetv stick? They're almost the same remote except for the voice control button so I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on. I tried the first and third keymaps posted on the wiki below.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap..._TV_remote

Any help is appreciated
Install Keymap Editor add-on and remap your keys with it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-02-05, 06:48)Tinwarble Wrote: Install Keymap Editor add-on and remap your keys with it.

Thanks!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth Amazon FireTV Stick Remote2