Problem adding libraries
I just got XBMC on a new NUC and I switched to this skin because it looks better than everything else out there.

I setup four "folders"at the bottom called Movies, TV Shows, Kids Movies and Kids TV, but I am having trouble pointing them to the specific folders they correspond to on my harddrive. In fact, with this skin, I can't even figure out how to add a source to the Generic Movies or TV Shows tabs.
Go into Movies > Scroll down to Files > Add Videos... > Browse > ......

So I have four shortcuts setup at the bottom.

Select Kids Movies.

When i go to Files > Add Videos > Browse > add the directory for the Kids Movie folder, all that it does is save that directory in my files list. It doesn't populate a library where you can see the artwork, etc. Only shows the file list:

Mark the folder with the cursor and press "C" for context-menu and select "scan item to the library".
(2014-11-15, 22:14)lizard-king Wrote: Mark the folder with the cursor and press "C" for context-menu and select "scan item to the library".

Not an option, or is this just a problem with this skin not showing that option?

Those are all the options that appear, and none of them adds items to library.
Well, then "Set content"should do the job.
(2014-11-15, 23:04)lizard-king Wrote: Well, then "Set content"should do the job.

Ahh ok, got it. Looks like there was multiple menus under Set Content and under the Movie menu, everything was turned off by default, so it wouldn't refresh at all.

It looks like what I am trying to do though can't be done. Is it possible to setup multiple libraries that are different from each other?

I have two directories, Movies and Kids Movies. I wanted to setup two independent from each other libraries with the same names. Same thing with TV Shows.
I don't think so either.
But, you could give that a try:
Add your Kids movie folder as source, choose "Movies" as content, "TMDB" as scraper.
After scanning, just go back to file mode, mark your just created "Kids Movie" folder, open the context menu and choose "Add to favorites".

Now you are able to create a new tile for your favorite in the skin settings of eminence.
Something I've done in my library, is split my TV Shows and Anime as 2 separate sources. Each source is classified as TV Shows, so by default, they are displayed together. I couldn't find a simple way to add menus for individual sources in Eminence, but I was able to use a somewhat hacky method to get it to work.

What I did was install the Conq skin, which IMO, has one of the best menu systems in any skin (no offense here or to any other skin/skinner). So using Conq, I made my separate menus, and was able to use them in Eminence. I just copied the path from Conq and pasted it as a menu item in Eminence. Not the prettiest way of doing it, but it works.

Example:
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/2.xsp,return)

Or lizard-king's tip should work too Tongue
(2014-11-16, 01:08)Bloodflame Wrote: Something I've done in my library, is split my TV Shows and Anime as 2 separate sources. Each source is classified as TV Shows, so by default, they are displayed together. I couldn't find a simple way to add menus for individual sources in Eminence, but I was able to use a somewhat hacky method to get it to work.

What I did was install the Conq skin, which IMO, has one of the best menu systems in any skin (no offense here or to any other skin/skinner). So using Conq, I made my separate menus, and was able to use them in Eminence. I just copied the path from Conq and pasted it as a menu item in Eminence. Not the prettiest way of doing it, but it works.

Example:
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/2.xsp,return)

All Conq does (through skin.shortcuts script) is make a smart playlist which is pretty simple to do manually:

Scan all your content to the library.
Goto Movies Hub > Scroll down to Playlists > New Smart Playlist...
Add a rule:
Match Items = Path is
Select "Browse" from the left side and choose the folder. Hit "OK"
Give the playlist a name and hit "OK" to save.
Add the playlist as a tile in home customise.

Additionally, smart playlists are more powerful as you can create complex rules for content (for instance, you can filter only Animation as a genre to get Animated Kids movies, or you can add rules to only show movies that haven't been watched in the last month, or only show favourite movies by only showing those watched multiple times... etc etc).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-11-16, 02:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-11-16, 01:08)Bloodflame Wrote: Something I've done in my library, is split my TV Shows and Anime as 2 separate sources. Each source is classified as TV Shows, so by default, they are displayed together. I couldn't find a simple way to add menus for individual sources in Eminence, but I was able to use a somewhat hacky method to get it to work.

Example:
Code:

All Conq does (through skin.shortcuts script) is make a smart playlist which is pretty simple to do manually:

Scan all your content to the library.
Goto Movies Hub > Scroll down to Playlists > New Smart Playlist...
Add a rule:
Match Items = Path is
Select "Browse" from the left side and choose the folder. Hit "OK"
Give the playlist a name and hit "OK" to save.
Add the playlist as a tile in home customise.

Additionally, smart playlists are more powerful as you can create complex rules for content (for instance, you can filter only Animation as a genre to get Animated Kids movies, or you can add rules to only show movies that haven't been watched in the last month, or only show favourite movies by only showing those watched multiple times... etc etc).

Doing the favorites only points me to the File menu, not a seperate Library menu, so I don't get all the pretty fan art Smile I'm going to try this Smart Playlist one right now. I was looking at it, but had't played with it yet. Will the Playlist kind of mimic the Library view (as in show all the art and show movie descriptions, etc) or is it just like File view, no images, just a list basically?
(2014-11-16, 02:30)drewdenman Wrote: Doing the favorites only points me to the File menu, not a seperate Library menu, so I don't get all the pretty fan art Smile I'm going to try this Smart Playlist one right now. I was looking at it, but had't played with it yet. Will the Playlist kind of mimic the Library view (as in show all the art and show movie descriptions, etc) or is it just like File view, no images, just a list basically?

Yep, Smart Playlists are just the Library with filters (rules) applied.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the file browser overlaps the smart playlist rule window. This will be fixed for Helix. In the meantime you can manually enter the path if the filebrowser is too difficult to navigate.
So I loaded all my movies into the main movie library.

I created a rule, to only show "D:/Movies/Movies" which is all the non-kids movies.

Setup the shortcut on the main screen for the Movies Playlist. When I select it, it brings me to this screen:

When I select Movies, it brings me to an empty box.

Is there something I did wrong in the Smart Playlist?
Did you manually input the path or use the file browser? If you manually input it, it might be a problem with using backslashes \ instead of forward slashes /

If it still doesn't work you might have to try and use the filebrowser to create the rule. If the overlapping windowsmakes it too hard to see, you can replace the skin.eminence/1080i/SmartPlaylistRule.xml file with the fixed one from github: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jurial...stRule.xml

Edit: I wrote something about multipaths before, but I just tested both ways and either works. So my guess is its using backslashes instead of forward slashes causing the problem.
(2014-11-16, 07:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: Did you manually input the path or use the file browser? If you manually input it, it might be a problem with using backslashes \ instead of forward slashes /

If it still doesn't work you might have to try and use the filebrowser to create the rule. If the overlapping windowsmakes it too hard to see, you can replace the skin.eminence/1080i/SmartPlaylistRule.xml file with the fixed one from github: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jurial...stRule.xml

I did the file browse (saw what you meant where the options were all transparent).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem adding libraries1