Lord of the rings bonus disks / adding extra disks to collections
Afternoon'

I've got LOTR and ripped the appendacies disks into ISO format.
Xbmc plays them fantastically, shows the menus and I can use the remote to navigate them perfectly in ISO format.

What I want is to add them to the main movie collection folder.

I thought the easiest way was to just add them to tmdb database but when I sync afterwards it still doesn't add it.

Am I missing something? Surely it should be as easy as manually add them to the database and then sync them and et' voila.

On a side note - in an ideal world I'd have a folder inside the collection folder so that I could see the LOTR COLLECTION and then inside that choose either the film or a list of the 3 bonus disks.
The other thing I would say is surely the ability to manually add a video film/film/TV show to you collection is a must as it would solve so many problems.
As long as its named correctly its automatic.

see http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets

Else you can use the movieset manager inbuilt into xbmc/kodi to add/remove movies to set.
The bonus disks are not scraped and therefore do not get added to the library let alone the set.
That's my problem, that's the solution I'm looking for.
Custom nfos. A bonus disc will most likely never be added to an online database (such as tmdb).
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I added it to tmdb. I signed up and added it myself but it won't scrape it.

If you go to tmdb and search then you will find it under 'Lord of the rings bonus dvd disk 1'

Why won't it scrape it?

Or failing that, how do I make a custom nfo for it?

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
Try an nfo with this content:

Code:
<movie>
    <id>http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/303295</id>
</movie>

Make sure it's named as "movie title".nfo. That should scrape...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Brilliant! That worked a treat. Thank you.

It does lead me to ask a few other questions.

Is it possible to create sub-menus within the 'set' using nfo's?

Is it possible to link local files as opposed to scraping then using nfo's?
Ie - can I put a local 'making of' documentary into the library or set using nfo's?
1. Submenus are the realm of the skin. An nfo cannot affect this at all. I've never seen a submenu within a set, but I'm not saying that it's not possible. Just not achieved through nfos.

2. Local files can absolutely be scanned into the library, but you need to use custom nfos to achieve this. If you read the wiki on nfos you can see what kind of information can be used in nfos. Alternately, you can export your library using the "separate files" option when the dialog asks, and then you'll have nfos generated for all your library videos alongside them in the directories. Then you can see what a populated nfo looks like, and pick and choose what is relevant to you for a "making of". This helps in creating nfos from scratch. I did this several years ago when the VideoExtras addon wasn't in existence, and used custom nfos to add all the bonus content from my movies, concerts, and tvshows.
Video extras add onHuh

Are you saying I neednt bother doing any of this as there is an add on?

Again, thanks for your help.
VideoExtras

It's a fantastic addon. Saved me a ton of time adding all the extras, but I don't know if it deals with .iso. I don't see why it wouldn't, as it just uses kodi's internal player for playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lord of the rings bonus disks / adding extra disks to collections0