[Linux] Degraded rendering with 3D SBS enabled (ION2)
Hi all
I've an HTPC based on Intel Atom + ION2. I'm running Kodi beta on a XBMCbuntu 14.04
The issue I've going to describe happens also with XBMC 13.x and Kodi alpha, basically since the beginning of the 3D SBS GUI support
It happened also with a custom Ubuntu server installation used as XBMC host (up to the version 13, then since the repository was not updated I've updated to XBMCbuntu), with different (older) nVidia drivers.
Attached the screenshot, taken with my mobile (I've used the mobile for convenience since this is a HTPC).

good rendering

bad rendering

Basically what happens is that if I start a 3D Movie, SBS (all the movies I have, mkv + H264 have the same problem) some times, I can say aprox 80% of the time, the video is rendered with aliasing (second picture). It's not only the aliasing, but the overall picture quality is really bad, close to be unwatchable, a lot of artifact, waves and so on.
If I stop and replay, I have the 20% of the chance it starts "good".
If it start good it will play good till the end, same if it starts bad
If I skip forward or backward or go to a timestamp sometimes it can swith from bad to good
If I play the movie as "2D" and I see it in 3D with my projector, it plays always good
Since the only difference is that in 3D SBS the GUI is rendered SBS as well, I believe the issue relies on the SBS rendering of the GUI
Disabling postprocessing doesn't help
I wanted to check with interleaved mode, but apparently either Kodi or my HTPC doesn't set the HDMI stream as 3D interleave and my project doesn't switch in 3D. I think that it's required to have the 3D interleaved info in the HDMI stream because I haven't ever seen a TV or projector that allows you to force a interleaved 3D stream (only SBS or up down)
If a log could help, please tell me what kind of logs you need.
I've searched on the web and it seems others have reported the same issue, see post #4 from noeikujoo here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=188369

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Degraded rendering with 3D SBS enabled (ION2)0