"Take Screenshot" and "Home" Buttons?
Sorry to keep asking for things but Metropolis is just so good and I can't help myself Smile lol

I just thought 2 more enhancements that would be great for Metropolis.

1. Add a "Home" button on the left side pop up menu.

So this way when you are knee deep in lots of folders you can just select the Home button and be taken instantly back to the Home screen. Instead of having to keep clicking the back button on the remote.

2. I would love a "Take Screenshot" button either on the left side pop up menu or perhaps even a button on the toolbar.

Thanks again Smile
(2014-11-18, 18:13)gate1975mlm Wrote: 1. Add a "Home" button on the left side pop up menu.

So this way when you are knee deep in lots of folders you can just select the Home button and be taken instantly back to the Home screen. Instead of having to keep clicking the back button on the remote.

The ESC key on a keyboard does this. I map it to the Exit button on my remote.

(2014-11-18, 18:13)gate1975mlm Wrote: 2. I would love a "Take Screenshot" button either on the left side pop up menu or perhaps even a button on the toolbar.

There is a hotkey for this too.

I realize you want on-screen buttons for these, but I can't just add every single button everyone asks for or it'd end up a cluttered mess lol. Mapping these functions to your remote seems a sane solution, IMHO, and has the added benefit of working with all skins Wink
(2014-11-18, 18:18)jingai Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 18:13)gate1975mlm Wrote: 1. Add a "Home" button on the left side pop up menu.

The ESC key on a keyboard does this. I map it to the Exit button on my remote.

(2014-11-18, 18:13)gate1975mlm Wrote: 2. I would love a "Take Screenshot" button either on the left side pop up menu or perhaps even a button on the toolbar.

There is a hotkey for this too.

I realize you want on-screen buttons for these, but I can't just add every single button everyone asks for or it'd end up a cluttered mess lol. Mapping these functions to your remote seems a sane solution, IMHO, and has the added benefit of working with all skins Wink

Completely see your point however if I were to make the back button on my remote the Home screen then I could not use the button any more for if I need to go back to the previous folder. And that's why I was thinking having a Home Button on the side menu would be a great so I can do both easily.

Also if I were to map my remote buttons I am not sure I can because I have the Microsoft Media Center MCE PC Remote Control. And I don't think you can do that with this remote.

http://www.amazon.com/Ortek-Windows-Infr...oft+remote
(2014-11-18, 18:30)gate1975mlm Wrote: Completely see your point however if I were to make the back button on my remote the Home screen then I could not use the button any more for if I need to go back to the previous folder. And that's why I was thinking having a Home Button on the side menu would be a great so I can do both easily.

No, I have both Back and Exit on my remote. Wasn't suggest you remap it, was suggesting you map ESC to another button.

(2014-11-18, 18:30)gate1975mlm Wrote: Also if I were to map my remote buttons I am not sure I can because I have the Microsoft Media Center MCE PC Remote Control. And I don't think you can do that with this remote.

Pretty sure you can.. a quick search yielded this result for instance.
BTW, the REC button can be easily remapped to screenshot (may already be that way by default).
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2014-11-18, 20:00)MacGyver Wrote: BTW, the REC button can be easily remapped to screenshot (may already be that way by default).

I installed the MCERemote add-on but I just can not figure out how to make the record button on my remote to take screenshots.
I have no idea what MCERemote add-on is, however..

In the path userdata\keymaps in the file remote.xml
add the line somewhere for the record button like in the example below (inside global so it works everywhere)
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <play>Play</play>
      <pause>Pause</pause>
      <stop>Stop</stop>
      <forward>FastForward</forward>
      <reverse>Rewind</reverse>
      <left>Left</left>
      <right>Right</right>
      <up>Up</up>
      <down>Down</down>
      <select>Select</select>
      <pageplus>PageUp</pageplus>
      <pageminus>PageDown</pageminus>
      <back>ParentDir</back>
      <menu>PreviousMenu</menu>
      <title>ContextMenu</title>
      <info>Info</info>
      <skipplus>PageDown</skipplus>
      <skipminus>PageUp</skipminus>
      <display>FullScreen</display>
      <start>PreviousMenu</start>
      <record>Screenshot</record>                <--------------right like this
      <volumeplus>VolumeUp</volumeplus>
      <volumeminus>VolumeDown</volumeminus>
      <mute>Mute</mute>
      <power>XBMC.ShutDown()</power>
      <myvideo>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</myvideo>
      <mymusic>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</mymusic>
      <mypictures>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</mypictures>
      <mytv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</mytv>
      <red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</red>
      <green>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</green>
      <yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</yellow>
      <blue>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</blue>
      <zero>Number0</zero>
      <one>Number1</one>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

Here is a list of all of them, go crazy. Smile
KeyIDs
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2014-11-18, 22:28)MacGyver Wrote: I have no idea what MCERemote add-on is, however..

In the path userdata\keymaps in the file remote.xml
add the line somewhere for the record button like in the example below (inside global so it works everywhere)
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <play>Play</play>
      <pause>Pause</pause>
      <stop>Stop</stop>
      <forward>FastForward</forward>
      <reverse>Rewind</reverse>
      <left>Left</left>
      <right>Right</right>
      <up>Up</up>
      <down>Down</down>
      <select>Select</select>
      <pageplus>PageUp</pageplus>
      <pageminus>PageDown</pageminus>
      <back>ParentDir</back>
      <menu>PreviousMenu</menu>
      <title>ContextMenu</title>
      <info>Info</info>
      <skipplus>PageDown</skipplus>
      <skipminus>PageUp</skipminus>
      <display>FullScreen</display>
      <start>PreviousMenu</start>
      <record>Screenshot</record>                <--------------right like this
      <volumeplus>VolumeUp</volumeplus>
      <volumeminus>VolumeDown</volumeminus>
      <mute>Mute</mute>
      <power>XBMC.ShutDown()</power>
      <myvideo>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</myvideo>
      <mymusic>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</mymusic>
      <mypictures>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</mypictures>
      <mytv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</mytv>
      <red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</red>
      <green>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</green>
      <yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</yellow>
      <blue>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</blue>
      <zero>Number0</zero>
      <one>Number1</one>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

Here is a list of all of them, go crazy. Smile
KeyIDs

looks easy enough only one problem.

I see no remote.xml file in the userdata keymaps folder its empty.
Copy the one from:
In Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\keymaps

or in Linux:
\usr\share\xbmc\system\keymaps

to your userdata\keymaps folder.

Or just search for remote.xml on the drive where you installed Kodi, and copy that one, then modify the new one in your userdata\keymaps path to suit your needs.
First of all thanks for the help guys Smile

Anyway for what ever reason I just can not get this to work even after doing exactly what MacGyver said to do.

However the good news is I use a program called "True launch Bar" and they have a plug in called "Make Screenshot" which has hot keys. So when i created a new hot key I pressed the record button on my remote which comes up as "Ctrl+R". So now my record button can finally take full screenshots Smile

Also I just realized the "Clear" button on my remote does the same thing as the "Esc" button by default. So that takes me back to the Home Screen Smile

I still would like these 2 buttons on the left side popup menu but at least I finally have them working on my remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Take Screenshot" and "Home" Buttons?0