BUG - video stuttering in first 5 seconds
Same here. I have made the change elupus suggested and it made no difference.

My media library has about 1,000 videos and the delay exceeds 10 seconds which is simply baaad... :-(

Would any one of the developers want me to upload my DB file so they can use it for testing? It might be that this issue is not getting addressed since the developers / testers simply use a thinner DB during their work.

On a seperate note - can one of the developers give his view on my "workaround" suggestion above? (see MOVIE.TBN & MOVIE.XML)

Cheers,
A.
Sure, that'd be a help.

A quick look at the video db file shows quick ways to increase performance (even without altering the db layout at all). Adding indexes will speed things up in addition to this.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Exclamation 
Hi J.M.,

I am trying to attache my VideoDB but waiting for the administrator's approval to add attachements here...

This one has about 800 items and is creating an average 10-12 second lag.
Please feel free to distribute it to the other devs.
If need be, I can pack the actual thumbs and xmls and post them as well.

and while I am here...

There is a very odd behaviour to the "scan all IMDB information" process:
It works slowly but surely and yields fairly accurate results, BUT - at about the 375th movie it would simply hang. You can still get out of it by pressing "Menu" on the remote, rebooting, and restarting the scan (which starts from the begining).
Also, I made sure this is not related to a specific movie by adding/removing some videos and it still would hang at about 375 (+/- 5).

Thanks again for your help!
A.
and finally... courtesy of http://www.SaveFile.com...

http://www.savefile.com/files/4469187
AnonyOne Wrote:Hi J.M.,
I am trying to attache my VideoDB but waiting for the administrator's approval to add attachements here...

Not sure what you mean with that ? But we won't allow attachments in this forum
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I noticed that some of you have downloaded the VideoDB I have posted.
Do you need me to post the .xml and .tbn files associated with that DB as well?

Also - can someone please give me feedback on the suggestion I have made with regards to an IMDB scan which would yield .tbn and .xml files with the same name as the video file, which can then be placed next to the video files and would replace some of the need for a heavy DB file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG - video stuttering in first 5 seconds1