Noob help needed
Hi recently purchased an m8 box and watched a few things however getting a smudged type picture on hd. Ive read up and im sure its the deinterlace settings however when the video is running there are only minimal things to change on the playback menu and deinterlace isnt on it. It says on the box info i am running linux 3.10.33 if that is of use to anyone. i have tried adjusting to expert setting in the system menu but still no interlace etc... can anyone help as its driving me mad

Thanks Gary

forgot to say ive read up on other peoples posts and the setting arent where they are supposed to be so im assuming i need some sort of update or something
You can turn on the on-screen display while a video is playing. That is M on a keyboard, but I have no idea how you are controlling XBMC. There will be a row of icons across the top. Click over to Video Settings, represented by a video camera. Deinterlace is in there.

My guess is this is not the problem, Deinterlace usually takes care of itself. To get better help you will have to describe your problem and setup much more completely. And maybe a debug log.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
The deinterlace settings are not where you think they are, they're under Video Settings which you access from the OSD while playing something. Once you change something there, remember to select "Set as default for all videos".
i know where to find the settings when i play a video go to the bottom right corner and its a video real icon think im running a different skin confluence or something. when i click on the icon the only video settings i have from top to bottom are

view mode normal
zoom amount 1.00
pixel ratio 1.00
brightness 50%
contrast 50%
stereoscopic mode of video Auto
stereoscopic mode inverted N\A
set as default for all videos
video calibration

I dont have anymore options to choose so what im asking is there something else i need to press or install to make the extra options available?

Thanks Gary
Your skin must be broken, the deinterlace related options should be at the top. Can you try again with the standard Confluence skin?
On a second thought, it's probably the fact that your box is running some unofficial version of XBMC that is the problem. There's not much that can be done about that unless you're able to get a vanilla version installed on it.
what do you mean unofficial version? if this is the case how do i go about downloading the "vanilla" version
Try running the SPMC version of XBMC / Kodi found on the Google play store and see how you go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...spmc&hl=en

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob help needed0