• 1(current)
Android MeLE X2000 4K Quad Core H.265 3D ISO XBMC Player
Read about this box in another forum, so thought I'd start a thread here to discuss.

Link to more info. on Mele's forum here.

It's hard to keep up with all the Android boxes these days, let alone all the promises manufacturers are making and failing to deliver in a big way. But, anything that looks halfway promising that might have XBMC and support both HD audio and 3D ISO's get my attention Smile. Not that I want to run out and be a guinea pig again, not for $150 anyway. But, hoping there are other suckers out there who may have tried this new box Wink.

Already, a Mele rep has said no HD audio as promised at launch, but to come via OTA update later. This box uses a MSO9180D (Mstar) chip, which I never heard of until now.

Also, looking at the YouTube video demo, the build quality and UI/menu don't look half bad.

[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-19, 17:11)hdmkv Wrote: Read about this box in another forum, so thought I'd start a thread here to discuss.

Link to more info. on Mele's forum here.

It's hard to keep up with all the Android boxes these days, let alone all the promises manufacturers are making and failing to deliver in a big way. But, anything that looks halfway promising that might have XBMC and support both HD audio and 3D ISO's get my attention Smile. Not that I want to run out and be a guinea pig again, not for $150 anyway. But, hoping there are other suckers out there who may have tried this new box Wink.

Already, a Mele rep has said no HD audio as promised at launch, but to come via OTA update later. This box uses a MSO9180D (Mstar) chip, which I never heard of until now.

I don't trust their OTA update.

In the video the had some 3D iso,i don't why the guy didn't let test it.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I'm curious about this too.
I have a mele remote and very fond of.

It looks very nice indeed, the gui and the box itself.

But 3d mvc from within xbmc and hd audio is a MUST for me
Still looking for a box thats able to do that. Only alternative is mede8er but then i'll probably miss xbmc/kodi

I can't believe there arent many wanting that.
Devs of xbmc should notice that many people want this, but as of today, its still not possible... Sad
Quote:Only alternative is mede8er but then i'll probably miss xbmc/kodi
There's also the VidOn box, which I started a separated thread on.
My HT
(2014-11-20, 14:29)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:Only alternative is mede8er but then i'll probably miss xbmc/kodi
There's also the VidOn box, which I started a separated thread on.

Yea i know, but it doenst look that good..
Some AVRS work, some not

I see you and movie78 jump in every topic i jump in lol
LOL, maybe we're the only 3 that care about 3D and hd audio both Big Grin.
My HT
I don't think so.
I think many people do but they stay away from xbmc until it gets to that point with no hassle
That would be a long wait with most devices.
My HT
I think i might jump away from xbmc to a mede8er again., unless i find a decent device soon
I'm trying to do the opposite, but still sticking to M8R at this point, though only for 3D playback. With my 2D movies (I have nearly 1,500) and TV shows (40+), I find M8R's jukebox slow. Also, hate having to maintain a separate jukebox.
My HT
This will be my new combo.

HP ChromeBox w/OpenElec == 2D/MKV
VidOn Box ===BluRay 3D/2D ISO..
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
I'm the same as you, but with both M8R 600X3D for 3D ISO & MVC MKV's, and VidOn for secondary 3D ISO playback. Not quite there for dedicated use, but once they upgrade to Gotham and add 23.976, I may jump ship.
My HT
(2014-11-20, 19:27)hdmkv Wrote: I'm trying to do the opposite, but still sticking to M8R at this point, though only for 3D playback. With my 2D movies (I have nearly 1,500) and TV shows (40+), I find M8R's jukebox slow. Also, hate having to maintain a separate jukebox.

I hate different boxes Sad

I got 2 xbmc machines now

- livingroom : openelec no 3d possible, but, and here it comes, my main problkem is that xbmc trying to play a 3d iso in 2d, at some point just stops playing and keeps getting to main screen (this is in the openelec build as in the windows build) none xbmc machines, doesnt have this problem
And my children hate it

- dedicated home theater room: windows xbmc machine, plays everything in xbmc except 3d, then for 3d i go outside to TMT and play the 3d iso in 3d

Livingroom needs to get fixed somehow, so there i might try mede8er
(2014-11-20, 20:45)Skank Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 19:27)hdmkv Wrote: I'm trying to do the opposite, but still sticking to M8R at this point, though only for 3D playback. With my 2D movies (I have nearly 1,500) and TV shows (40+), I find M8R's jukebox slow. Also, hate having to maintain a separate jukebox.

I hate different boxes Sad

I got 2 xbmc machines now

- livingroom : openelec no 3d possible, but, and here it comes, my main problkem is that xbmc trying to play a 3d iso in 2d, at some point just stops playing and keeps getting to main screen (this is in the openelec build as in the windows build) none xbmc machines, doesnt have this problem
And my children hate it

- dedicated home theater room: windows xbmc machine, plays everything in xbmc except 3d, then for 3d i go outside to TMT and play the 3d iso in 3d

Livingroom needs to get fixed somehow, so there i might try mede8er

I hate 2 boxes too
But coming from AMD full windows 8.1 w/TMT6= playerconfig and Play.iso in XBMC settings( was a mess)
The problem i have with that combination was,after playing an 3D ISO file,the screen will switch to 2D,stay on 3D frame packed.

And for some unknown reason, i started have Audio issue with my settings,which require me to re-image HTPC window 8 then reload XBMC.

Now with chromeBox and getting VidOn Today...Who knows what i will want in three monthhttp://forum.kodi.tv/images/smilies/grin.png
Hey man, post your impressions on VidOn in that thread after you test it out a little.

Quote:windows xbmc machine, plays everything in xbmc except 3d, then for 3d i go outside to TMT and play the 3d iso in 3d
When I had my NUC with Win7, I had set TMT as my external player from within XBMC. There's a thread in the Windows support section that explains how to do this. For me, I just didn't care for XBMC under Windows... didn't feel like a just turn-on-and-use set-top box.
My HT
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MeLE X2000 4K Quad Core H.265 3D ISO XBMC Player0