Assign new channel group window to key?
Hi guys!

In Helix Beta 3, there's a new channel group selection window. In the channel list or EPG, press left to bring up the options menu, then select Group under View Options.

Does anyone know if it's possible to assign this to a key?

Cheers,
Gnazzer
not 100% sure if it works, but this should send a click to the group dialog button (id = 28) if you press "g" in the tv channels windows.

Code:
<MyTVChannels>
    <keyboard>
      <g>SendClick(28)</g>
    </keyboard>
</MyTVChannels>
Nice one @xhaggi !

Should work, cause i just tested this with mce remote and it works just fine Smile
<MyTVChannels>
<remote>
<skipminus>SendClick(28)</skipminus>
<skipplus>SendClick(28)</skipplus>
</remote>
</MyTVChannels>
Yep, it works in the channels list! Smile It does not work in the EPG, though, but I just discovered that NextChannelGroup has started working in the EPG, so I've decided to go for that instead.
No! I was wrong! It does work in the EPG as well! Smile

I used the wrong XML node names in my keyboard.xml. I was using <PVROSDGuide> for the EPG and <PVROSDChannels> for the channel list, but then I tried with TVGuide for EPG and TVChannels for the channel list, and it worked.

I have to say that I'm a bit confused when it comes to the section names. The only proper list I've found is the ButtonTranslator.cpp source file, but it does not have much documentation. And I could not even find <MyTVChannels> that you used, @xhaggi, but your example does work. Is there some other list somewhere?

Anyway, here's what I have put in my keyboard.xml which maps the z key to the channel group list window from both the channel list and the EPG:
Code:
<TVChannels>
    <keyboard>
      <z>SendClick(28)</z>
    </keyboard>
  </TVChannels>
  <TVGuide>
    <keyboard>
      <z>SendClick(28)</z>
    </keyboard>
  </TVGuide>
check our wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs

the "My" prefix is optional for windows sorry for the confusion
as far as i understand this is only for showing up the "select group" menu?
is it also possible to switch through the channel groups (one up and/or one down) with one or two keyboard key?
Yes, the NextChannelGroup and PreviousChannelGroup will do that.

This will map "a" to NextChannelGroup and "z" to PreviousChannelGroup in both the channels list and the EPG:
Code:
<TVChannels>
    <keyboard>
      <a>NextChannelGroup</a>
      <z>PreviousChannelGroup</z>
    </keyboard>
  </TVChannels>
  <TVGuide>
    <keyboard>
      <a>NextChannelGroup</a>
      <z>PreviousChannelGroup</z>
    </keyboard>
  </TVGuide>

And thanks for your help, xhaggi!
oh, great! i will try that. thanks.
(2014-11-27, 00:35)xhaggi Wrote: not 100% sure if it works, but this should send a click to the group dialog button (id = 28) if you press "g" in the tv channels windows.

Code:
<MyTVChannels>
    <keyboard>
      <g>SendClick(28)</g>
    </keyboard>
</MyTVChannels>

Is this what I want, asked here but no answer before?

And How can I find ID s for other dialogs?

Thank you.
I tried it and worked great thank you....
and I found id s for other dialogs with debug mode
Hi All,
Many thanks for your help in this thread, I have successfully set my "g" key to bring up the Groups menu when in the TV Channels window.

I wanted to know if there was a way to make "g" even more powerful by setting it so that it can launch the TV Channels window and automatically bring up the Groups menu. Is this possible?

Currently "h" is the key assigned the bring up the TV Channels menu using the command "ActivateWindow(TVChannels)", so is there anyway to make "g" do both "ActivateWindow(TVChannels)" and "SendClick(28)" in that order?

If that can be done, would it be possible to set it at the global level so that "g" can bring up the TV Channels window and then the groups menu from any screen within Kodi?

Thanks for any help you can offer! I'm quite new to all this so apologies for the noob question and for replying in an old thread, happy to open a new one if that is more appropriate.
Woah - I searched around and found this thread - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=125859

Followed the instructions to create a .py file called "test.py" in userdata folder then added these two lines to the file:
Quote:xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(TVChannels)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("SendClick(28)")

Then I added the following under the "global" section in keymap:
Quote:      <g>RunScript(special://masterprofile/test.py)</g>

Lo and behold, it actually worked!

Just thought I'd post in case this is useful to anyone else, and thanks once again all for the help!
Greetings,

I have been using it with Kodi for 7-8 years, but I couldn’t do it, or have it done.
What I want is this: I want the live TV to be switched to groups with one touch when it is on fullscreen.
I would like to see the menu on Live TV as pictured.

Like this one.

I’m gonna be so happy if I can’t tell you.

Best regards…

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assign new channel group window to key?1