My Little setup
Hi Guys,

Just came across this forum section and thought I would post some pictures of my compact home cinema

This shot show my 7' Beamax motorized screen which has a 47" tv behind

The TV behind the screen

This shot shows my JVC DLA-X3 projector and rear M&K Surround-550 THX speakers

This shot show my cinema seats which is set on a plinth that house a Clarks tactile transducer which tactilely re enforces the bass into the seats

Another shot of the seat

Server that house 7 hard drives at the moment, but the case is capable of holding 16 hard drive with the correct setup

MY SETUP CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING

AV

Onkyo TX-NR1009 AV receiver

M&K THX Select 7.1 speaker system consisting of the following
LCR-750THX Fronts and center
Surround-55 K-4 Tripole rear sides
Surround-550THX rear back
V-1250THX sub woofer

JVC DLA-X3 Projector

HTPC

The HTPC is using a Pentium i5 using it's inbuilt graphic chip for normal and 3D movies and is running Windows 7 and the best media player by far Kodi 14 Helix

Server

Movies are stored on a Windows 7 PC / Server, I went the windows route instead of the NAS route because I have an home automation software running on the server as well, The server consists of the following

Sharkoon T9 Value ATX Case - Blue, This is a great case for the money, there is a fixing at the back for a small laptop drive or SSD drive and all the wire can be neatly tucked away, check it out here
A AMD processor and motherboard, This is fairly old but seem to do the job.
Hot swap 5 bay caddy, you can get 3 of these in this case, giving you a potential 15 storage drives, at the moment I have 9 drives including the operating system SSD drive
And to accommodate the extra drive you will need more sata connectors, this is the one I am using and it seem ok.

My inspiration for the server came from a YouTube video, you can check it out in the linked video below

If you guys have any question fire away
You have a nice room there, congrats.

I have one question: do you have a tutorial on how to assemble such server?

Thanks!
(2014-11-23, 03:20)rafaelcunha19 Wrote: You have a nice room there, congrats.

I have one question: do you have a tutorial on how to assemble such server?

Thanks!

Hi,

Basically all it is, is a PC running win 7, I use a window operating system because the server is used to run an home automation program as well, But
got my inspiration from this Youtube video where she is constructing a NAS which is basically the same but I use windows 7 instead of a NAS software.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions just give me a shout
Thanks a lot for your post and the video link, now I know what to do. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Little setup0