Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
(2017-02-17, 07:18)Sayajin Wrote: So hopefully someone can assist. I am trying to set up MPC-HC using Kodi for the first time. I have tested the player as a standalone and it works perfectly using MadVR. However when I try to launch a video in Kodi, the application freezes and nothing launches. Deleting the playercorefactory file fixes the issues and files play as usual. I am using the new Krypton 17 release. I did modify the file to change DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer as instructed, but still have the same issue. I would love to be able to get this working as I had nothing but trouble in DSPlayer and really want to use MadVR. I have pasted my playercorefactory file below.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-Sayajin

I take that was copied directly from this guide. It used to work with Jarvis DVDPlayer. Perhaps something has changed.

Does C -> Play Using -> MPC-HC work?

Are you sure you installed the 64-bit version of MPC-HC and XySubFilter?

Is your playercorefactory in the right place? It is different if using the Kodi Windows 10 app.

I'm guessing your path to mpc-hc64.exe is wrong. See if you can find the MPC-HC .exe by searching for it manually. It should match the path in the playercorefactory: C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by Warner306 - 2017-02-17, 19:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7