• 8(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Warner,

I am not sure what you mean when you say C -> Play Using -> MPC-HC. Can you please expound upon that? Hitting the "C" button in Kodi while playing a video does not give an option to launch an external player for me.

*edit* So I did some additional testing and found something out. If I go into Kodi and simply go to "Videos", the MPC-HC player launches as normal with no issue. It is within my Video Add On Plugins that the application does not launch and the application freezes. Should this modification work in Video Plug In's as well? *edit*

-Sayajin

(2017-02-17, 19:40)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 07:18)Sayajin Wrote: So hopefully someone can assist. I am trying to set up MPC-HC using Kodi for the first time. I have tested the player as a standalone and it works perfectly using MadVR. However when I try to launch a video in Kodi, the application freezes and nothing launches. Deleting the playercorefactory file fixes the issues and files play as usual. I am using the new Krypton 17 release. I did modify the file to change DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer as instructed, but still have the same issue. I would love to be able to get this working as I had nothing but trouble in DSPlayer and really want to use MadVR. I have pasted my playercorefactory file below.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-Sayajin

I take that was copied directly from this guide. It used to work with Jarvis DVDPlayer. Perhaps something has changed.

Does C -> Play Using -> MPC-HC work?

Are you sure you installed the 64-bit version of MPC-HC and XySubFilter?

Is your playercorefactory in the right place? It is different if using the Kodi Windows 10 app.

I'm guessing your path to mpc-hc64.exe is wrong. See if you can find the MPC-HC .exe by searching for it manually. It should match the path in the playercorefactory: C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe.
(2017-02-18, 06:38)Sayajin Wrote: Warner,

I am not sure what you mean when you say C -> Play Using -> MPC-HC. Can you please expound upon that? Hitting the "C" button in Kodi while playing a video does not give an option to launch an external player for me.

*edit* So I did some additional testing and found something out. If I go into Kodi and simply go to "Videos", the MPC-HC player launches as normal with no issue. It is within my Video Add On Plugins that the application does not launch and the application freezes. Should this modification work in Video Plug In's as well? *edit*

-Sayajin

(2017-02-17, 19:40)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 07:18)Sayajin Wrote: So hopefully someone can assist. I am trying to set up MPC-HC using Kodi for the first time. I have tested the player as a standalone and it works perfectly using MadVR. However when I try to launch a video in Kodi, the application freezes and nothing launches. Deleting the playercorefactory file fixes the issues and files play as usual. I am using the new Krypton 17 release. I did modify the file to change DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer as instructed, but still have the same issue. I would love to be able to get this working as I had nothing but trouble in DSPlayer and really want to use MadVR. I have pasted my playercorefactory file below.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-Sayajin

I take that was copied directly from this guide. It used to work with Jarvis DVDPlayer. Perhaps something has changed.

Is your playercorefactory in the right place? It is different if using the Kodi Windows 10 app.

I'm guessing your path to mpc-hc64.exe is wrong. See if you can find the MPC-HC .exe by searching for it manually. It should match the path in the playercorefactory: C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe.

It is possible to play Internet streams with MPC-HC, but it may be problematic. You can rewrite the playercorefactory.xml to play http|https sources with VideoPlayer.

C -> Play Using -> MPC-HC. This is done before the video is played by hovering over an item in your library and pressing the guide button, C.
(2017-02-18, 19:15)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 06:38)Sayajin Wrote: Warner,

-Sayajin

(2017-02-17, 19:40)Warner306 Wrote: I take that was copied directly from this guide. It used to work with Jarvis DVDPlayer. Perhaps something has changed.

It is possible to play Internet streams with MPC-HC, but it may be problematic. You can rewrite the playercorefactory.xml to play http|https sources with VideoPlayer.

C -> Play Using -> MPC-HC. This is done before the video is played by hovering over an item in your library and pressing the guide button, C.

How would such a rewrite look like? Does anyone know?
(2017-05-14, 02:03)SirSwede Wrote: How would such a rewrite look like? Does anyone know?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I have Windows 10 running virtually on an unRaid server/HTPC. I have MPC-BE running with madVR at maximum settings through a Asus 1080Ti 11GB into a JVC RS600. The image is stunning. I recently added Kodi and tried to control it with the Official Kodi Remote on an ipad after reading the ios remote section of this thread. I can start and stop movies but cannot pause, ff, etc. Any suggestions?
(2017-08-16, 00:56)mikela Wrote: I have Windows 10 running virtually on an unRaid server/HTPC. I have MPC-BE running with madVR at maximum settings through a Asus 1080Ti 11GB into a JVC RS600. The image is stunning. I recently added Kodi and tried to control it with the Official Kodi Remote on an ipad after reading the ios remote section of this thread. I can start and stop movies but cannot pause, ff, etc. Any suggestions?

You can't control MPC-HC with the official remote.
(2017-08-16, 20:11)Warner306 Wrote: You can't control MPC-HC with the official remote.

Any alternatives? So far I have all my theater run off of an iPad. Right now I am using my laptop to access kodi for MPC-BE control. I'd hate to have to revert to jriver/jremote (which I use for music) just to be able to have player control on an iPad.
It looks like EventGhost might be able to act as a bridge...will need to do more research on this. Anyone using EventGhost for this purpose?
(2016-11-22, 13:50)V_J_ Wrote: A another possibility for closing MPC-HC when playback stops without hotkeys... I use EventGhost to control many softwares, and it has a plugin for MPC-HC. This allows you to detect many events from MPC-HC: play, pause, stop, ... I'm still working on it, but it seems possible that you can use the detection of stop to trigger an action that closes MPC-HC. I am still looking to add the condition that it only does this when Kodi is running, not to have this behaviour when MPC-HC is used normally.

Hi VJ,

Were you able to achieve this?

Mike
Hi all,
I have been trying to make Kodi+MPC-HC/MadVR work for a while without success, hence this post.
- I can easily open and render files (mkv, bdmv, etc.) without any issue by opening the files directly from MPC-HC.
- When I do it through Kodi, it opens it through the internal Kodi player (which works). It does that apparently because it detects there is an issue opening the file through MPC-HC.
- Within Kodi, when I do open with MPC-HC ("open with") it opens MPC-HC but then I have a "cannot render file" message in MPC-HC.

Again everything works well when opening a file directly from MPC-HC or when double clicking on the file. Works well also with the internal Kodi player.

Below is my playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule
filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso"
player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr"
player="MPC-HC"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and an extract of kodi.log:

NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile:nfs://192.168.1.28/volume1/video/test.mkv
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : nfs://192.168.1.28/volume1/video/test.mkv
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}" /fullscreen /close
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe"
"nfs://192.168.1.28/volume1/video/test.mkv" /fullscreen /close
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0

Any clue of what the issue please?
Many thanks for reading this.
Quick update on the above:

Using SMB instead of NFS makes it partially work.

Some members of the community mentioned in previous posts that NFS does not work because "MPC-HC" does not know what to do with the NFS parameters. I don't think this is right as alternatives to Kodi, such as Zappiti Media Center, work well using NFS and successfully launch MPC-HC with NFS parameters. This is a pitty because the max Mb/s using NFS is greater than with SMB.

I still have an issue however, probably not related to the above: I still cannot open by default a bdmv file with MPC-HC and it is opened by the Kodi internal player. When I open the bdmv file through the "open with MPC-HC" within Kodi it works. Therefore looks like an issue in my playercorefactory.xml above. If a member of the community could provide help and support on this that would be well appreciated.

Many thanks.
Is there a preferred ios remote for MPC-BE?
Hi all, how can i use MPC-HC playing direct .ISO file? Thanks.
Hi Guys,

can anyone post a playcore that is working with MPC-HC 64 bit, tried the one at the front of the thread with no success, I see MPC-HC flash up but then disappears MPC-HC works on its own ok

I am running Kodi 17.6 in portable mode would that make a difference ?

thanks
When using kodi to launch MPC, it fails to switch to 24p mode. Does anyone have ideas how to fix that?

(it switches fine with just MPC, but when using kodi it breaks it)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7