• 10(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
I have no idea about the performance but it seems this is the way external players are coded in Kodi. The internal player natively supports NFS. External players and DSPlayer do not. 

It is up to you if you want to go through the trouble of using a different file system.
I've tested Kodi 18 using the mapped driver, and it worked perfectly, so it seems its an NFS issue, or at least some configuration i've done using NFS.
I've used this NAS performance tester on the NAS, so it seems i can use SMB without problems:

-----------------------------
Running a 100MB file read on Z: 5 times...
Iteration 1:     71.34 MB/sec
Iteration 2:     69.31 MB/sec
Iteration 3:     68.94 MB/sec
Iteration 4:     67.71 MB/sec
Iteration 5:     72.69 MB/sec
Average ®:     70.00 MB/sec
I recommend Aeon Nox Silvo, Aeon MQ7 and Titan as skin choices if you are new to Kodi. Only Titan is in the official repo. You would have to download the repo for the others. 

Also, this guide can get you started:

Kodi Quick Start Guide
Thank you very much!
When using MPC-BE + madVR, is there any need/advantage in using Lav filters?
No, not really. But I prefer LAV Filters. MPC-BE might not offer D3D11 Native hardware decoding. That might be the only advantage.
Thank you (we are missing a Like button Smile)
I'm getting some strange colors when using MPC-BE as external player (using madVR render):

When opening the same file with MPC-BE directly, colors are perfect.

Any idea on what could be the problem?

This is on Kodi 18, Win10.
I don't have any idea what that could be. Try toggling fullscreen exclusive mode? Seems impossible to get different colors from the same player. Kodi is minimizing and MPC-BE is being loaded fullscreen. Nothing special is happening. Are you using the newest build of madVR? There was a bug with SDR playback that was fixed with the last update. Are you mixing 32-bit Kodi with 64-bit MPC-BE? That could possibly be the problem.

You really should be using Kodi 17.6. v18 is not even at Beta status yet.
I've installed BSPlayer Kodi 17.6, it detected the latest madVR 0.92.14, and now colors are perfect. Thank you for your help !!!
Thx, for this detailed guide.
Using kodi 18 a3 now and SD, HD running good with software decoding in video player.
Thinking of using this approach to just play UHD/HDR content in MPC-HC+madVR because the lack of HDR passthrougth in kodi.

Any chance of just playing files with HDR in it's name in MPC-HC and the rest in kodi?

Thanks
pOpY
(2018-08-03, 21:21)popy Wrote: Thx, for this detailed guide.
Using kodi 18 a3 now and SD, HD running good with software decoding in video player.
Thinking of using this approach to just play UHD/HDR content in MPC-HC+madVR because the lack of HDR passthrougth in kodi.

Any chance of just playing files with HDR in it's name in MPC-HC and the rest in kodi?

Thanks
pOpY

Put 4K or HDR in the filename and create a rule for filenames. This is described in the part of the guide related to CinemaVision.
Thx, will try it.
Is there any way to force MPC-BE to a specific display if multiple monitors are connected?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7