Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
I was exclusively using MPC-BE for 4k HDR and 3D for the past couple years. Earlier this year - March or so, MPC-BE stopped playing 3D. I have gone through the settings, and, yes, I did download the 3D package version extra …. and I fiddle with it for awhile every few weeks but no luck. Anyone have any clues on troubleshooting further?

Power-DVD works just fine on the exact same htpc; but I prefer MPC-BE for the cleaner interface and it more reliably pops to the front and then disappears when it's requested.

Part 2 is that I can't get Power-DVD to execute for 3D, MPC-BE to execute for 4K. 4k works but 3D runs in the internal player (at 2D). I can use PLAY USING but I can't figure out playercorefactory to save my life. I don't think I can have 2 filenames going to 2 different players; so I use filetypes as below. I've fiddled and adjusted this for years. Minor inconvenience but still ….

I think it would be best if I understood the playercorefactory. I have read , searched, and hunted and it's gobbledygook. I don't particularly want someone to just write it for me Smile

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*|.*uhd.*|.*UHD.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filetypes="bdmv|mpls|m2ts|3D"/> player="PowerDVD" />

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by twinpeaks - 2019-11-10, 18:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7