Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Hello, I try to use the Netflix plugin and it works perfeclty in Kodi with internal player. But...
I would like to enhance viewing of Netflix with additional video and audio renderers (madVR, DmitriRender, JRiver room correction, ...), hence I need to go through MPC-HC.

So, I try to use it with MPC-HC to open the video stream through the add on's service, but the player says "Failed to render the file".
Settings seems ok since the argument received is something like: http://localhost:7968/manifest?id=81026918 
... and should be the same as the one used by internal player of Kodi whith which it works perfecly well.

I have the same problem with Youtube URLs like "https://r4---sn-cxab5jvh-cg0el.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?expire=1574201891"

I don't understand what's going on. I guess URL must be passed in some specific way to MPC-HC ... or can't be passed as argument.  Can someone help me please?

Thank you in advance!

==============================
playercorefactory.xml
 <playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\Devidin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\startmpchc.bat</filename>
      <args>{1} /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>

startmpchc.bat
echo %*
echo %* > "C:\Users\Devidin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\startmpchc.log"
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" %*

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by devidin - 2019-11-19, 18:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7