• 17(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
The Netflix plugin uses InputStream Adaptive and that won't work with external players or DSPlayer.
Thank you.
How do I disable autoplay on MPC-BE?
What do you mean? Is the next item in your playlist playing automatically, or do you want the player to start without actually playing the file?
(2020-02-24, 11:35)Warner306 Wrote: What do you mean? Is the next item in your playlist playing automatically, or do you want the player to start without actually playing the file?
the latter
I'm not sure how to do that.
Why does MPC-BE autoplay videos while MPC-HC doesn't?
(2014-11-23, 10:16)Warner306 Wrote: 7. APPENDIX B: USING CINEMAVISION ADD-ON WITH MPC-HC

The CinemaVision add-on is compatible with the use of MPC-HC. From experience, the script will work as before. However, many will find the transition of preview videos is rather clunky when played in succession with MPC-HC. To address this, I recommend an adjustment to playercorefactory.xml and the naming of files related to CinemaVision.

Add the following to the “rules” section of playercorefactory.xml:

<rule filename=".*(VP).*" player="VideoPlayer" />
<rule filetypes="flv" player="VideoPlayer" />

To make this work with your coming attractions, slideshow, feature presentation and other CinemaVision videos, add the following text to the end of each filename: (VP) (with brackets). As the rule states, any video containing this string will be played with the default Kodi player. MPAA ratings videos are the lone exception due to its naming convention rules. To get around this, I changed the file extension of each MPAA video to a codec that is rarely used (.flv) and removed this codec from the list of formats played by MPC-HC. Together, these two rules ensure videos designed for CinemaVision are handled by the default player, while the feature presentation is played by MPC-HC.

More information on the CinemaVision add-on can be found here:
231881 (thread)
Is this supposed to work with MPC-BE? It doesn't work for me. Always says file not found.
I think the CinemaVision add-on may be broken and unsupported, but I'm not certain what might be wrong. That approach should work for either MPC-HC or MPC-BE.
(2020-03-12, 02:19)azumukupoe Wrote: Why does MPC-BE autoplay videos while MPC-HC doesn't?

Different developers with different approaches.
Hey guys,

This looks like this is exactly what I need!
However, that means I won't be able to use the very convenient new feature in v.19 Matrix where Kodi does audio transcoding from TrueHD/DTS:X to AC-3/DTS before bitstream passthrough to my receiver, as my receiver does not support the former.
Is there any way I can accomplish this using MPC-HC?
You would have to use a third-party audio filter like AC3Filter and add it to the list of filters used by MPC-HC. AC3Filter is an old filter and I don't know how to configure it, so some experimentation and forum searches may be required to attempt to use it. 

There could be other DirectShow audio renderers or filters that can do transcoding of audio codecs, but I don't know them offhand.
Apologies if this has been addressed.  I can't think of the right search terms, or even really what I'm asking the search functions.  I have searched this thread in particular and the Kodi forum in general. I have searched the web with Google. 

My setup is as follows:  
Win10, bone-stock with the latest updates
Nvidia 1660Ti
K-Lite Codec pack/WMP-HC
I have 4K monitors set in the dual-monitor configuration.  I also have a 1080P monitor which I use to watch movies.  All three are connected to the same PC and Nvidia card via HDMI on which I have my movies stored. 
I have used this setup for years to watch movies using MPC-HC.  All works perfectly.  I can slide WMP-HC around on all three monitors, turn two monitors off, one monitor off, go back and forth, change resolutions at will, etc.  My setup sometimes doesn't like it when I power on my receiver and power it down due to HDMI handshake issues, but 95% of the time Windows figures it out in a few seconds.  Everything seemed to work fine also when I installed Kodi (although I haven't used Kodi for years with my setup).
In other words, before Kodi with the corresponding MPC-HC hack, everything is robust and works great.

I installed Kodi, did my Movies Library, and got the "extras" plugin working.  Then I followed instructions here and had no problem getting MPC-HC to open.  It's great, I love this option, and it's why I went with KODI over PLEX.

The setups of KODI and the .xml scripting were done with no problem at my computer on one of two 4K monitors.  Everything worked.  I could open MPC-HC on any movie, close and re-open the programs at will, size, resize windows, etc.  I was thrilled.

This is my problem:
Upon running Kodi, right-clicking on a movie and selecting play with external player/Play with MPC-HC I grabbed the MPC-HC window with my mouse and moved it to my 1080P display, a digital Reciever attached to a 60-inch TV monitor which works fine with MPC-HC otherwise.  Back at my computer, the next time I tried to use Kodi to open a movie into MPCHC, the option to "View with player" vanished from Kodi's movie context menu, when I right-clicked with my mouse.

All of these things and more I have tried:
Re-starting Kodi, MPC-HC and/or system.  Power cycling monitors, and/or digital theater receiver.
I checked, rechecked and checked again that playercorefactory.xml was unchanged in userdata.  I tried to write-protect it.  I tried giving all instances of users in Win10 security settings full access to the file I made sure the editing app (notepad) didn't change the .xml filename surreptitiously. I deleted playercorefactory.xml and replaced it again.  I have changed the default monitors in KODI to the three (monitors) different options presented and left it at default.  I have used (and prefer) windowed mode and non-windowed mode.  I have looked for ways to mess with the context menus.  

I uninstalled, wiped everything and re-installed Kodi, initialized my library, etc.   This worked!  - That is until I moved MPC-HC onto my livingroom display again, which replicated the same problem.

Help??
Not sure. You might have to ask about this in the Windows forum. Perhaps it is a bug with Kodi to lose the ability to right-click and select the desired media player with Play using... If it is there once, it should always be there.
(2020-04-23, 10:16)Warner306 Wrote: Not sure. You might have to ask about this in the Windows forum. Perhaps it is a bug with Kodi to lose the ability to right-click and select the desired media player with Play using... If it is there once, it should always be there.

Thanks, Warner, I think it is something that may be more 'Windows' based as well. 
Some progress.  The hack works.  It just doesn't appear in every instance of the context menu.  I don't think it has anything to do with the different screens or changing resolutions as I posted earlier. 
For whatever reason with Kodi, there are two context menus (confused as to why, but okay). One is abbreviated with only about three options and one is a full menu with ten or so options.  When I first installed the .XML hack, the option appeared in the short context, as in the one we see when we just tap on a movie and see about three options (info, play, etc.). It was there. 
Upon closing and re-starting (or re-booting) the option is then moved to the longer context menu which is only available on some screens, but not others?  I'm still not completely familiar with Kodi, it isn't as intuitive as some may say.  But, the hack works.  It just doesn't appear in the short context menu after the app is restarted.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7