Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Apologies if this has been addressed.  I can't think of the right search terms, or even really what I'm asking the search functions.  I have searched this thread in particular and the Kodi forum in general. I have searched the web with Google. 

My setup is as follows:  
Win10, bone-stock with the latest updates
Nvidia 1660Ti
K-Lite Codec pack/WMP-HC
I have 4K monitors set in the dual-monitor configuration.  I also have a 1080P monitor which I use to watch movies.  All three are connected to the same PC and Nvidia card via HDMI on which I have my movies stored. 
I have used this setup for years to watch movies using MPC-HC.  All works perfectly.  I can slide WMP-HC around on all three monitors, turn two monitors off, one monitor off, go back and forth, change resolutions at will, etc.  My setup sometimes doesn't like it when I power on my receiver and power it down due to HDMI handshake issues, but 95% of the time Windows figures it out in a few seconds.  Everything seemed to work fine also when I installed Kodi (although I haven't used Kodi for years with my setup).
In other words, before Kodi with the corresponding MPC-HC hack, everything is robust and works great.

I installed Kodi, did my Movies Library, and got the "extras" plugin working.  Then I followed instructions here and had no problem getting MPC-HC to open.  It's great, I love this option, and it's why I went with KODI over PLEX.

The setups of KODI and the .xml scripting were done with no problem at my computer on one of two 4K monitors.  Everything worked.  I could open MPC-HC on any movie, close and re-open the programs at will, size, resize windows, etc.  I was thrilled.

This is my problem:
Upon running Kodi, right-clicking on a movie and selecting play with external player/Play with MPC-HC I grabbed the MPC-HC window with my mouse and moved it to my 1080P display, a digital Reciever attached to a 60-inch TV monitor which works fine with MPC-HC otherwise.  Back at my computer, the next time I tried to use Kodi to open a movie into MPCHC, the option to "View with player" vanished from Kodi's movie context menu, when I right-clicked with my mouse.

All of these things and more I have tried:
Re-starting Kodi, MPC-HC and/or system.  Power cycling monitors, and/or digital theater receiver.
I checked, rechecked and checked again that playercorefactory.xml was unchanged in userdata.  I tried to write-protect it.  I tried giving all instances of users in Win10 security settings full access to the file I made sure the editing app (notepad) didn't change the .xml filename surreptitiously. I deleted playercorefactory.xml and replaced it again.  I have changed the default monitors in KODI to the three (monitors) different options presented and left it at default.  I have used (and prefer) windowed mode and non-windowed mode.  I have looked for ways to mess with the context menus.  

I uninstalled, wiped everything and re-installed Kodi, initialized my library, etc.   This worked!  - That is until I moved MPC-HC onto my livingroom display again, which replicated the same problem.

Help??

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by oatmeal769 - 2020-04-21, 17:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7