Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
(2020-04-23, 10:16)Warner306 Wrote: Not sure. You might have to ask about this in the Windows forum. Perhaps it is a bug with Kodi to lose the ability to right-click and select the desired media player with Play using... If it is there once, it should always be there.

Thanks, Warner, I think it is something that may be more 'Windows' based as well. 
Some progress.  The hack works.  It just doesn't appear in every instance of the context menu.  I don't think it has anything to do with the different screens or changing resolutions as I posted earlier. 
For whatever reason with Kodi, there are two context menus (confused as to why, but okay). One is abbreviated with only about three options and one is a full menu with ten or so options.  When I first installed the .XML hack, the option appeared in the short context, as in the one we see when we just tap on a movie and see about three options (info, play, etc.). It was there. 
Upon closing and re-starting (or re-booting) the option is then moved to the longer context menu which is only available on some screens, but not others?  I'm still not completely familiar with Kodi, it isn't as intuitive as some may say.  But, the hack works.  It just doesn't appear in the short context menu after the app is restarted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by oatmeal769 - 2020-04-23, 14:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7