• 23(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
(2015-11-01, 21:00)brickie Wrote: how do i hide the busy icon in this version? I dont want to see it when using cinemavision.

The busy dialog should already be hidden when using CinemaVision.

Which version of Kodi, Rapier and CinemaVision do you use?
Ok updated everything to latest..Openelec 6.00,Rapier 8.37..I believe thats it and latest cinemavision download.. Still when playing trailers get that brief icon of working in the lower right corner..Just curious if it's a setting i'm missing?
You are writing in the thread for Rapier for Kodi Helix. Rapier 8.3.7 is for Isengard (maybe you used Rapier 7.x before the update?).

But no worries - I need a screenshot to see what you mean.

Rapier doesn't have a busy dialog in the lower right corner, so something must be wrong.
Got it going..Thanks for replies.. Now just got to figure out why only certain "bumpers" play in cinemavision..
Great to hear that it's working.

Out of curiousity, what did you change?

As to your other question, I would ask in the CinemaVision thread.
I just pushed a development update to my repo.

This update requires script.skin.helper.service and should automatically install version 1.0.0 from the Kodi add-on repo.

For all new features in Rapier version 1.0.9 is needed. I recommend downloading this version directly from Github and installing manually from zip inside Kodi.

I appreciate any feedback.
UPDATE: Rapier 7.8.1 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

As we are getting closer to the release of Kodi 16 Jarvis, this marks one of the final releases for Kodi 14 Helix.
If you haven't done so already, I strongly encourage you to update to Kodi 15 Isengard or Kodi 16 Jarvis beta!

Fanart backgrounds have been updated with more options (random, recent, in progress and unwatched) and fanart backgrounds have been added for PVR.
A new section has been added to the skin settings: Supported Add-ons. Here you can see the add-ons from the official Kodi add-on repository supported by the skin, and you can download/install or configure all.

The following add-ons are not needed anymore and can be uninstalled:
  • script.toolbox
  • script.grab.fanart
  • script.skin.info.service

Support has been added for the add-on script.skin.helper service instead (should be automatically installed).

CHANGELOG
Code:
7.8.1 (18-December-15)
- Improved animations in fullscreen video OSD.
- Removed music clearlogo dialog from skin settings.
- Improved setting the path for music library clearlogos in Skin Settings > Media.
- Added Supported Add-ons section to Skin Settings. Download/install or configure supported add-ons.
- Bugfixing of video library Order By button.
- Increased size of posters in List Info 3 view.
- Added view option for movies and tv shows to hide genres labels in List Info View, List Info 2 View, List Info 3 View, Thumbs Info View, 3D Wrap View.
- Increased size of fullscreen video OSD Settings dialog and select dialog.
- Bugfixing of setting the custom icon for home screen categories in the skin settings.
- Added extrafanart support for music videos.
- Added fallback image for List Info 2 View / List Info 3 View / Thumbs Info View / 3D Wrap View fanart in movies, tv shows, episodes, music and programs.
- Added button for tv show extrathumbs in Skin Settings > Add-ons > Artwork Downloader > Download Presets - TV Shows.
- Moved Animate Background setting from View Options dialog to Skin Settings > Backgrounds.
- Bugfixing of tv thumb image in tv show library views.
- Added small extra fanart support for movies / sets / tv shows / episodes List Info 2 View / List Info 3 View / Thumbs Info View / 3D Wrap View.
- Replaced custom dialogs custom_DialogCustomCategoryIcons.xml and custom_DialogCustomPane.xml with script.skin.helper.service function.
- Text in DialogOK.xml and DialogYesNo.xml is now always vertically centered.
- All home screen recently added widgets are now hidden until content is available.
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).
- Fixed some minor bugs in home screen / presets dialog music paths.
- Bugfixing for add-on paths when using an Android platform.
- When CinemaVision is running, DialogKaiToast.xml will be hidden.
- Removed support for script.toolbox, script.skin.info.service and script.grab.fanart.
- Added support for script.skin.helper.service including more fanart background options and added PVR fanart backgrounds.
- Removed dependency for script.grab.fanart and added dependency for script.skin.helper.service.
- Updated movie set information window using script.skin.helper.service.

Added support for script.skin.helper.service including more fanart background options and added PVR fanart backgrounds.

Added Supported Add-ons section to Skin Settings. Download/install or configure supported add-ons.

ENJOY!
UPDATE: Rapier 7.9.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

As we are getting very close to the release of Kodi 16 Jarvis, this will be the final version for Kodi 14 Helix.
If you haven't done so already, I strongly encourage you to update to Kodi 15 Isengard or Kodi 16 Jarvis!

I will soon begin working on Rapier for Kodi 17 Krypton

I have added a skin option (in General) to enable startup video, audio or image.
Other than that this release contains a lot of bugfixing.

CHANGELOG
Code:
7.9.0 (12-February-16)
- Update of text viewer dialog.
- Updated some textures in video libraries.
- Updated some home screen category image languages.
- Added PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live visible condition to DialogSeekBar.xml
- Added labels for music OSD random and repeat buttons.
- Bugfixing of fanart images in Extended List View.
- Added General skin setting to enable startup video, audio or image.
- Added PVR Stream Information when displaying codec info for fullscreen live radio.
- Improved skin settings Media and Backgrounds.
- Bugfixing of images in DialogVideoInfo.xml
- Bugfixing of blu-ray and dvd media flags.
- Removed startup delay from some sounds.
- Add-on settings dialog is now centered in fullscreen video and audio window.
- Updated languages from Transifex.

ENJOY!
Salam everybody and many thanks to the creator of the skin I use it since some years..
I have a question about how to bring back the wide list view for the music section..thanks
(2017-06-18, 16:10)the Lost Alien Wrote: Salam everybody and many thanks to the creator of the skin I use it since some years..
I have a question about how to bring back the wide list view for the music section..thanks

Hi the Lost Alien.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and support.

Note that you are writing in the thread for Kodi 14 Helix.
Rapier is currently only developed and maintained for Kodi 16 Jarvis, Kodi 17 Krypton and Kodi 18 Leia.

Some time ago I optimized performance and removed some things from the skin.
Based on the poll in the top of this thread, where it only has 1 vote, I asked in all release threads if anyone used the wide list views.
And I only got responses to remove it - so I did.

If the demand is high enough, I'll reconsider.
Does anyone else miss this view?
(2017-06-18, 16:28)Gade Wrote:
(2017-06-18, 16:10)the Lost Alien Wrote: Salam everybody and many thanks to the creator of the skin I use it since some years..

Hi the Lost Alien.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and support.

Note that you are writing in the thread for Kodi 14 Helix.
Rapier is currently only developed and maintained for Kodi 16 Jarvis, Kodi 17 Krypton and Kodi 18 Leia.

Some time ago I optimized performance and removed some things from the skin.
Based on the poll in the top of this thread, where it only has 1 vote, I asked in all release threads if anyone used the wide list views.
And I only got responses to remove it - so I did.

If the demand is high enough, I'll reconsider.
Does anyone else miss this view? 
I do. I recently updated the skin and the first thing I noticed was the wide list view gone. It's the only view I like for the TV shows episodes. I tried the other views and to me they are not as good, so I went through the long task of putting it back. It would be much appreciated if in a future version it comes included again. I use this skin every day but I don't come to this forum on a regular basis so I didn't vote in the poll you setup.
How does this view affect the performance? To me it works really good. If you don't put the view back I'll have to go though the process of editing the xml files to put it back every time the skin updates.
Gade, please find it in your heart to put the wide list view back Smile
(2017-11-23, 22:46)morttan Wrote: I recently updated the skin and the first thing I noticed was the wide list view gone. It's the only view I like for the TV shows episodes. I tried the other views and to me they are not as good, so I went through the long task of putting it back. It would be much appreciated if in a future version it comes included again. I use this skin every day but I don't come to this forum on a regular basis so I didn't vote in the poll you setup.
How does this view affect the performance? To me it works really good. If you don't put the view back I'll have to go though the process of editing the xml files to put it back every time the skin updates.
Gade, please find it in your heart to put the wide list view back Smile 

Hi morttan.

Sorry, but yeah, that view is gone. I didn't feel like it fit in with the rest of the skin design and the layout was a little "old".

The more views in the skin, the longer time it takes to load the windows.
That's why I later made the skin option to disable views - that will significantly speed up the skin performance. This mostly affects slower systems.

The view is not coming back. I'm currently focusing on new features and skin optimization.

My time is limited, and I also started out on a completely new skin: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324394
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2