Best skin for iOS XBMC?
'Best' ... It's such a grabby word :-p, really what I mean is.. What recommendations would anyone give for the most ideal skin on an iOS device? I have just latterly bought an iPad air and I'm keen to give XBMC a try on it. Long time user of the desktop version, but I know how intricate the desktop skins can be.

I haven't updated desktop skins in a while (pretty settled on NOx), but who knows! Maybe XBMC on iOS has some ideal skins. If anyone has recommendations please shout out! Most greatful!
Look here for a comparison of skin features.

You can find a detailed destription of each skin by clicking their respective links.

For IOS devices, look for skins with touch support.
(2014-11-25, 01:54)Gade Wrote: Look here for a comparison of skin features.

You can find a detailed destription of each skin by clicking their respective links.

For IOS devices, look for skins with touch support.

Thanks Gade, I had that page bookmarked, it's a good reference.
I'm considering trying to make a skin for iOS (4:3) ipad, as I am wanting to see what I can acheive. I haven't done much xml before, but the wiki has a usermanual for skin creation for xbmc/kodi, so I'm gonna have a look at that.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any new/less well-known skins that they use on an ipad, perhaps less documented than those on the wiki, the forums here are usually the good place for what's new and brewing.

It seems to me that, less skins are adapted for ios, even less so the ipad. I suppose the potential reasons being that... less people own ipads than TV's (!), and perhaps the old viewpoint of.. '4:3 is not ideal for video' archetype. But since I bought my ipad, I've been very disappointed with Apple's stock 'Music' app, even more so their 'Videos' app. I went on to try Plex which is quite good, but lacks the flexibility and customisation you can get with xbmc. There are 1, maybe 2 skins on iOS which seem good for iPad, but I'd like to try and create something really nice-looking.
Sounds very cool - good luck.It's a lot of fun messing with skins, but also extremely time consuming.

It goes without saying that I use Rapier on both my iPads Smile

Actually I have never tested Rapier on an iPhone. I always test on Windows, IOS (iPad), OSX and sometimes on Android.

It will be really nice to see what you can come up with.
Thing is, many Android tablets are 16:9 ratio or close to it. So normal skins only need touch support.
On 4:3 those skins will look stretched. So skins actually need an additional folder besides to the 16:9, 720p or 1080i folder to handle that ratio.

You can see re-touched for example has such a folder. https://github.com/JezzX/skin.re-touched

So all you'd have to do is make such a folder for the skin you'd like to use. That will save you a lot of work as you'd only have to move some stuff around and check ratio's.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Look here for a comparison of skin features.

For IOS devices, look for skins with touch support.www.5yun.org
http://kodi.wiki/view/Comparison_of_skin_features has been updated to include skins with touch support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best skin for iOS XBMC?0