• 2(current)
Kodi Animation thread
(2014-11-25, 01:00)natethomas Wrote: It wasn't so much being shy as not wanting to influence the design of others. I did the same thing for the mascot contest.

Biased bees :D
(2014-11-25, 02:07)natethomas Wrote: I tried making that gif visible, but gfycat really seems to hate our forum software.

edit: Nevermind. It turns out the gif simply isn't set to repeat, so if you embed it, you'll typically just see the end of it. For future reference, I'd recommend making animations hold for a few seconds at the end, then repeat. Also, the embedding code would look like this:

Code:
[img]http://fat.gfycat.com/LeanWeightyFinwhale.gif[/img]

Yeah, I tried embedding it here and it didn't jive. Weird that it works great on gfycat itself (holds at the end, repeats), but linking right to that gif doesn't.
Here is one I made: http://gfycat.com/EnchantedCoolCoypu

Here's another that didn't work out as well: http://gfycat.com/CapitalUnhappyDuiker
What about a dice, which is thrown into the image, stops its movement and finally turns into a logo?Big Grin
Ok my animation skills are horrible but I'm hoping someone can pick up from this general idea. Stock art borrowed from here: http://cherryvinyl.deviantart.com/art/Ko...-106304570

General Idea: http://giant.gfycat.com/YellowishEducatedAnhinga.gif
By reading the thread Ned Scott opened some days ago, I saw that there was a variant of the chosen logo that had color in it. Is that part of the "choice" or we're stuck with the monochrome design? Maybe in an animation color would be acceptable?

I like the new logo, and sorry for the off topic, I just feel that it is very much a product of its own time. I feel/fear it could look dated soon, as soon as the current honeymoon of designers with flat, monotone design is over, really. But it might just be me. Smile

As far as the current proposals are concerned, I prefer salt's variant. Quick to show (important for something that shows every time you launch a program) and classy as well.

Edit: see Style 9 here, where you can see the variation that got chosen as final logo (it seems to me that's the one), done with color.

watch gallery
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
colour is definately an option IMO and we want to use use more colours, but we first need a master plan for it before going crazy with them
Good. Smile

Actually, I need to rephrase what I wrote: the logo is really good. Its treatment might look dated in the future but... treatments are easily changed. So, basically, I could have kept my mouth shut. Big Grin
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2014-11-25, 15:34)ashlar Wrote: Good. Smile

Actually, I need to rephrase what I wrote: the logo is really good. Its treatment might look dated in the future but... treatments are easily changed. So, basically, I could have kept my mouth shut. Big Grin

da-anda shared some variants internally with the Team during the process of producing the artwork that had a less flat look that I thought were really good, so there's plenty of potential for doing different treatments.
I have no animation skills but I have an idea. If someone wants to animate it, feel free.

Screen would start like

Then the square (Stop) would rotate out in it's spot and a triangle (Play) would rotate in and "KODI" would sroll out to the right" and look like

Then after "KODI" finishes scrolling out the triangle (Play) would rotate out in its spot and a double line (Pause) would rotate in and look like

Then finally the double line (pause) would rotate out in it's spot and the KODI logo would rotate in and finish like
(2014-11-25, 17:27)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 15:34)ashlar Wrote: Good. Smile

da-anda shared some variants internally with the Team during the process of producing the artwork that had a less flat look that I thought were really good, so there's plenty of potential for doing different treatments.
Yes, eyecandy can always be applied - the basic and default logo is flat and simple though. Depending on the media it's used or the use case eyecandy can be applied, but it should not be overdone. Because we're lacking examples for what might be allowed and what not, our usage guidelines currently state that no altering is allowed at all - but this is basically focused on commercial usage. Fanart or animations can ofc apply eye candy etc - that's at least my opinion on this.
Personally I just want to see some animations, It was a really good start the first one I saw..
Hello _o/

My try.
I think that this logo begs for some "play/stop" action, something like this:
http://gfycat.com/GleamingSomberHanumanmonkey

Edit:
Marcusmarcus, I didn't noticed your post before, we share a vision here, sort of.
Oh my I never even realized that play and stop is inside the logo. So awesome Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Used the program off and on for a few years now, figured i'd give it a shot. Made this with blender and gimp (gimp only used to make the gif)

The final image is actually 1080p and 60fps but didn't want to upload that huge gif.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8