• 9(current)
Kodi Animation thread
Well that depends on your hardware doesn't it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-04, 10:07)Piers Wrote: Maybe this is where I'm getting confused - it takes around one -two seconds to load Kodi, from pressing the button to seeing the home screen. This is why I see no point in an animation longer than 2-3 seconds.

It admittedly makes a lot more sense on something like OpenELEC or Kodibuntu than on OSX or Win.
What if the animation played and when Kodi is all ready it starts to load the skin GUI on top of the animation. The whole thing plays out completely, as if it were some kind of animated background, but it starts out like a splash screen. That way you see the whole thing and it doesn't delay startup.

I don't know what would be required from a technical standpoint for that, but it's an idea.

EDIT: Of course, this would then become skin-depedant, but that might be a good thing.
(2014-12-04, 01:03)samfisher Wrote: Here's a new version Big Grin

There's also a longer 10s version with a starting loading icon concept: LINK

And the 1080p version:
Version 1, 4s 1080p LINK
Version 2, 10s 1080p LINK
Just WOAW !!!!! Fabulous !!!! We need this !!!!
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2014-12-04, 11:28)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't know what would be required from a technical standpoint for that, but it's an idea.

EDIT: Of course, this would then become skin-depedant, but that might be a good thing.

Distros can AFAIK do an upstart animation and wait to switch TTY until kodi is loaded and the animation has played. So this would be distro specific and completely outside kodi. This given that x doesn't get messed up due to this but I have a recollection that one distro did just this.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I dont think Plymouth boot splashes can have that degree of detail or complexity no even sure any current solution would support this but thats from my tinkered point of view.
Here's my two pence.... I went simple just for comparison to the other awesome examples.

720p: http://i.imgur.com/XAZ4YqY.gif

1080p: http://i.imgur.com/8SxnWdf.gif
(2014-12-04, 11:02)natethomas Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 10:07)Piers Wrote: Maybe this is where I'm getting confused - it takes around one -two seconds to load Kodi, from pressing the button to seeing the home screen. This is why I see no point in an animation longer than 2-3 seconds.

It admittedly makes a lot more sense on something like OpenELEC or Kodibuntu than on OSX or Win.

But not everybody using Windows or OSX launches Kodi manually. My Windows HTPC loads Kodi as the shell so I'm okay to wait another 5-10 secs after Windows has loaded.

I think a setting inside Kodi to enable/disable or use short/long version of the animation will fix everything.
(2014-12-04, 01:03)samfisher Wrote: Here's a new version Big Grin

There's also a longer 10s version with a starting loading icon concept: LINK

And the 1080p version:
Version 1, 4s 1080p LINK
Version 2, 10s 1080p LINK

Wow! Super slick! Man, you are creative!
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Thanks!

@jjd-uk: agree, here's a black version Smile

Black version 1080p 4s LINK
Black version 1080p 10s LINK
(2014-12-04, 10:28)nickr Wrote: Well that depends on your hardware doesn't it.

That's on a N54L - slow hardware running from a slow drive. On my main machine it takes longer due to the splash screen (I know, I could disable it).

(2014-12-04, 11:02)natethomas Wrote:

Very true.

(2014-12-04, 20:43)samfisher Wrote: Thanks!

Could you make a version without the headache-inducing start? A black background throughout.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Great work samfisher, black is perfect.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Had to cut out a part of the animation, original one is longer and 1080p.

Like it! Has my vote!
(2014-12-04, 20:43)samfisher Wrote: Thanks!

No wonder you are now a member of Team-Kodi, you skills is magical and they discovered you quickly. i had said it before at the former logo thread.

IMHO
Samfisher > DogHouseMedia Smile
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-12-04, 20:43)samfisher Wrote: @jjd-uk: agree, here's a black version Smile

Bloody hell I wasn't expecting you to give it a try until we had agreed a way forward, I think I just peed myself a little bit at how good that is Wink Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8