• 10(current)
Kodi Animation thread
Can only agree, your work is awesome, samfisher Smile great to see you in the team.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
WOW !

Mr Samfisher, awesome stuff linking the past with the future.

The question for everyone is not how long the boot animation takes BUT how often do users reboot their systems ?

Low powered media boxes these days stay on 24/7. I like a longer boot animation for the rare time I do reboot.

Option it inside XBMC settings for those of us that like a bit of beautiful reboot BLING.

Smile

Hi, guys.

After seeing Samfisher work I got inspired and decided to contribute to the ideas.

First one is a concept for the intro animation:

And an idea for a loading animation to be used inside a skin or even as an intro animation too:

What do you think?
WOW, I didn't expect such a reaction, thanks everyone! Smile

@jjd-uk: LOL, well it was a super fast job so I just made it Wink

@wrxtasy: we'll see how this animation thing will be implemented inside Kodi, I think it should provide a default short (4-5 seconds max) animation and also an option to choose a different file, or disable it completely.

@portuga2000: I think it's cool Smile maybe try smooth animations?
@portuga2000, I particularly like the loading animation. Make it smooth, and that's just about exactly what I'd like to see.
What i like better about portuga's intro is the start with the one horizontal line.
It's kind of like how an old tv would power on.
Sam's intro with the folding is great but i think the start is a bit too epileptic.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Really like both samfishers and portuga2000s animations.

My feedback on samfishers latest animation mirrors that of several others:
1) Needs a more subtle start
2) The "KODI" text ought to only have a fade in, but no movement, like in portuga2000s animation

Feedback on portuga2000s animation:
1) The vertical movement of the blue logo could use a subtle easing at the start and end
(2014-12-05, 20:30)sialivi Wrote: Really like both samfishers and portuga2000s animations.

My feedback on samfishers latest animation mirrors that of several others:
1) Needs a more subtle start
2) The "KODI" text ought to only have a fade in, but no movement, like in portuga2000s animation

Feedback on portuga2000s animation:
1) The vertical movement of the blue logo could use a subtle easing at the start and end

I agree with this, the last rotating part of the animation is probably too much considering the logo has already rotated so many times since the beginning. The word kodi shouldn't rotate as it is something you read
YES NOW WE ARE TALKING! my vote goes here!

(2014-12-04, 01:03)samfisher Wrote: Image

You guys just have to pick this one. God will punish you otherwise!
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Tried to delete this post but "You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Bla, blha bla,
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
I too very much like both samfisher's and portuga2000's animations, however i wonder if we can combine elements of both.

Rather than the slightly longer beginning of samfisher, perhaps we could use the beginning of portuga2000's, with modification.

Portuga2000's animation starts like an old fashioned CRT TV going off - the image reduces to a dot. Perhaps we need the opposite with the CRT TV coming to life, then we go into samfisher's unfolding K logo with portuga2000's fading in static KODI. OR perhaps the crt on into the rest of portuga2000's animation.

I think the CRT TV on thing is nicely symbolic for KODI.

The TV on animation could be something like the following;
http://youtu.be/nCNy7rgl3sk
http://youtu.be/a2WTwCABwoQ

Just my 2 cents worth.
Wink 
Thanks for all your comments, people.Blush

Here are the update versions with smoother animations and a version with the horizontal logo:
Horizontal

Vertical

Loading animation

And a diferent intro animation just for the hell of it Wink

Thank you all.
(2014-12-06, 14:48)portuga2000 Wrote: Here are the update versions with smoother animations and a version with the horizontal logo:

Thank you all.

I like the alternate animation, but I think it would be better if it ended in the horizontal option.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I like simpler is better in most cases.

However the samfisher animation is better because it does a clever and subtle X > K transition.
If the overkill zoom in/object moving backwards were addressed the animation would be both short and sweet and very effective.

The other animations by portuga2000 are simple, but miss the "essence" and nice subtle X > K transition, so feels there is no story being told, It feels like "wham bam thank you mam".
samfisher your latest work is confusing at the beginning, the explosion is to fast and my mind can't wrap around what happened. look at modern logos (android) they have transitions that make you think but give you a chance to understand the transition. yours is like calculus, really hard to understand and therefore not as memorable. but I love the idea of x>>k and love the rest of the animation. woudn't mind that personally

portuga2000 I think your alternate version is really cool.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8