• 15(current)
Kodi Animation thread
@jjd-uk: not sure, you mean something like this?

@321liftoff: added a short pause when the X appears for a more "oops, now it's correct" feel Smile as for the other ideas, I tried something but this is definitely better imo.
(2014-12-12, 15:12)samfisher Wrote: @jjd-uk: not sure, you mean something like this?

@321liftoff: added a short pause when the X appears for a more "oops, now it's correct" feel Smile as for the other ideas, I tried something but this is definitely better imo.

Exactly what I had it mind for left and top diamonds, but you've gone further by changing by the right and bottom diamonds as well to keep symmetry, so far far better than what I had in mind.

To my eyes at least that flows much better.
In fact I think that's my personal favourite now Smile The X can be seen wider out, the coming together can be both X or directional keys, then final folds hints at evolution of XBMC to Kodi.
(2014-12-12, 15:36)jjd-uk Wrote: In fact I think that's my personal favourite now Smile The X can be seen wider out, the coming together can be both X or directional keys, then final folds hints at evolution of XBMC to Kodi.

+1 I really like this one too
(2014-12-12, 15:12)samfisher Wrote: @jjd-uk: not sure, you mean something like this?

I really like the pause you placed in there...that's what I had in mind. Also, the way they all roll towards the center is really cool and draws the eye to the center of the X.

Instead of the top-square unfold, could you try an animation where the top-half of the top-square is pinned on it's left corner and it quickly swings down into place, and simultaneously the left-square folds, as if one is causing the other. I think that would appear more seamless of a transition.

Keep up the great ideas!
I like the idea of transforming the X to a K Smile
But I was wondering if it's possible to move the right half of the left square to the top one instead of the folding.

had same though as well. same could be done with the left block. so instead of unfolding the X into a K, you could "slide"the X into a K.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Any chance you have a link to a 1080 version of that? Smile

Thanks
I feel like all these requests are slowly stripping away the awe-factor of samfisher's animation. It now looks virtually nothing like his original.

Samfisher, any chance we can have the 1080p MP4 for the first one:

(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Image
(2014-12-13, 22:23)forcedalias Wrote: I feel like all these requests are slowly stripping away the awe-factor of samfisher's animation. It now looks virtually nothing like his original.

Samfisher, any chance we can have the 1080p MP4 for the first one:

(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Image
I was kinda thinking the same thing. But as awe inspiring as the original was, it was probably a little too much for the intended purpose. The man certainly has talent though.
@Calum: sure, here's the LINK

@forcedalias: links to the first and second:
1st animation, 1080p: LINK
2nd animation, 1080p, white: LINK
2nd animation, 1080p, black: LINK

@Striker & @Martijn: here it is
But I still prefer the folding idea Smile

Anyway these are just ideas, whatever animation will be choosen as the default one, we still want more for customization right? So don't worry, I'll make sure we have a bunch of nice animations to choose from when it's time Smile

Also, Cellular Generation:

1080p version: LINK
oooohhh that cellular is nice Smile

each cell could be a controller button or audio/video/pictures/gaming
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That's really nice, love the glow the cells have, especially that last "burn" as it turns into a K.
@samfisher I also like the folding idea better, but the fact that you saw the x and k theme inside your animation is very creative in the first place.

Also Cellular Generation is amazing! well done again, slight critisism (I'm sure you see this yourself) but the way kodi letters popup are 1 to fast and 2 don't go well will cellular theme. How about you have a micro cell drop of those 4 individual cells on to the base and use that cell to morph into Kodi word.

I think everyone wants your talent! can I ask what package you use to create these? I need to start learning. well done again
Thank you Mr. Fisher.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8