• 18(current)
Kodi Animation thread
I will be saying this the 3rd time this year, SamFisher is a photo creating god Smile
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-12-19, 22:22)AmericanAl Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 16:35)MadClown Wrote: I was pretty excited to see such creativity for the splash screen. I wanted to see how it would actually look like on my screen and it is awesome! Kudos and hats off to Samfisher. I created a short video of it in action (no audio). Smile

Wait, did I miss where it was shown how you can set these up as the splash screen?

That looks great.

I know with abdfire I can push a new splash screen image to a fire tv, but it will only push if it's a .png file. I haven't tried yet to see if I can just rename an mp4 file as png for the sake of moving it, then name it back once it's on the device. I'll give it a shot later when I've got control of the TV.
(2014-12-19, 16:35)MadClown Wrote: I was pretty excited to see such creativity for the splash screen. I wanted to see how it would actually look like on my screen and it is awesome! Kudos and hats off to Samfisher. I created a short video of it in action (no audio). Smile

Wait, did I miss where it was shown how you can set these up as the splash screen?

That looks great.

Always been possible to use a video file as startup splash screen, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124124
(2014-12-20, 16:01)jjd-uk Wrote:

That looks great.

Always been possible to use a video file as startup splash screen, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124124

Ohh! I'm going to have to take a look at that. Looks cleaner than how I did mine. Smile Thanks!
^^ How did you do yours?
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-12-21, 16:03)TerrorKeed Wrote: ^^ How did you do yours?

I use EventGhost (Windows) to manage commands coming from my remote. I just added a line to play the video on top of Kodi when it starts.
(2014-12-14, 10:23)samfisher Wrote: @forcedalias: links to the first and second:
1st animation, 1080p: LINK

Thanks samfisher, but I think that's the 720p version that's already posted.
Thanks!

@MediaPi: well sure I've worked as a graphic designer, but never made a "logo intro video" for any company before.

@forcedalias: sorry I forgot that was 720p, I'll have to make the 1080p version, or maybe a new version, will work on it "next year" Smile

here's last one for 2014

1080p version: LINK

Happy holidays!
@samfisher
I gotta say, you are really good at this. They are all great.
Is anyone else having an issue with the movie cutting off prematurely? Using the addon works, but I'd rather just use the PlayMedia command.

Thank you.

Edit: Another option is to grab all these awesome movies, and use the addon to randomly generate one every time I start up Kodi Smile.
(2014-12-19, 19:40)samfisher Wrote: Thanks!

@MadClown: looks good! And very nice TV Smile

@Verderer @uNiversal: yeah maybe X>K can be done in that animation as well, but I think it probably works better with the origami idea. Will get back to it later, too many ideas!

Something just for fun Smile

This is completely amazing.
Case: Thermaltake DH 101
CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz, Intel UHD Graphics 630
Memory: 16Gs RAM
Storage: 80G SSD Boot Drive w/ 25TB of Storage
Display: 60" Samsung LED KS8000
AV Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR656
(2014-12-24, 00:14)samfisher Wrote: Thanks!

@MediaPi: well sure I've worked as a graphic designer, but never made a "logo intro video" for any company before.

@forcedalias: sorry I forgot that was 720p, I'll have to make the 1080p version, or maybe a new version, will work on it "next year" Smile

here's last one for 2014

Happy holidays!

Wow! Is it possible to have a startup video in Kodi now? Particularly OpenElec?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-12-24, 18:21)patseguin Wrote: Wow! Is it possible to have a startup video in Kodi now? Particularly OpenElec?

Keep in mind while the teams from Kodi and OpenELEC work closely together, these are two different projects. Maybe you want to ask in their Forums. Also, OE focus is primarily on packaging Kodi with minimal resources and very fast bootup-times, where the latter is probably a conflict to any sort of bootup-animation.
I really like samfisher's work, shorter is better though. What I think could be a nice throw back to XBMC's roots is if the cubes started as blue, yellow, green and red to symbolise the xbox controller.They could then morph into the Kodi logo. They don't need to look like the actually controller buttons, being RGB + Y is nice from a video point of view as well.

I would love the splash video to transition into the GUI animating in at the end. That would look slick.
I'm not an expert and I really love samfisher's work but in theory a boot animation isn't better if it's a loop or after a very short intro you get a loop?
So if you have to stop it because kodi finished loading you can without "waste" seconds waiting the end or truncating it in a bad way
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8