• 30(current)
Kodi Animation thread
due to the high bitrate you should be save to re-encode to a moderate bitrate via handbrake.fr

edit: btw - 60fps FullHD is quite demanding due to the frame rate, so it's not necessarily the bitrate but the frame rate that kills lower end HTPCs etc
(2016-04-18, 04:45)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: There is one more thing I'd like to know. Due to the high bitrate most videos will not play properly on certain HTPC hardware. Desktop is fine but many of us use less powerful PCs for Kodi.

Is there any way we can have 60fps .mp4 files at lower bitrates to make it a little more compatible? It is a little extreme right now with some files being twice as demanding as a lossless Blu-ray rip.

Sent from my iPhone

The youtube 60fps versions work fine on my rpi3. Think they are lower bitrate than the main file.
(2016-04-16, 15:34)pelakos Wrote: Hi!!,

Yes,your receiver probably doesn't support.

No problem doing in AC3 5. 1, I did this morning, here you have:

Download Link test-introkodi90-30fps-5.1-AC3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Ifp2...nUxdVVoNjg

I hope this one works for you Wink

thank you very much, its not my hardware or anything that was the issue, its Kodi 17, DD+ is broken currently, i didnt notice it had a dd+ track as its labeled DTS.

works great, and should be helpful for anyone running Kodi 17 on an HTPC currently
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
what is the easiest way to get a boot up video working? I am running on Kodi 16 and using ace skin. thanks
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2016-04-23, 13:30)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: what is the easiest way to get a boot up video working? I am running on Kodi 16 and using ace skin. thanks

Check through the skin settings for the option "activate playlist at skin startup" or something similiar to that.

Browse to path of your boot video file.

Should work. Im using aeon mq 6 skin at this works.
Question 
i tested one of they animated (video not GIF) boot logo's but i end up with either:

splash plays > menu's load and flash up briefly > boot video plays.
OR
black screen(when splash=false) > menu's load and flash up briefly > boot video plays.

i'm using the skin playlist on startup setting. is everybody else doing it this way and just putting up with the black/splash screen and glimpse of the menu in between splash/boot video?

or is there another way of doing it that i'm missing?

thanks, and sorry if this has been mentioned in the thread already but i can't see it.
These animations are simply superb!

I'm using retropie to autoload kodi and want to use a video and the ones on here are fab but it takes 17 seconds for retropi to boot up - anyone have any videos that long?
Photo 
Hey everyone! Pretty new to Kodi (last few days) but love it so far, have it on a dedicated media server and wanted a custom boot up logo (windows boot screen) so i gave it a shot at making one lol
Hope this is the right place to upload it
Cheers Smile
Amazing! Well done. Does it come with audio?

Sent from my iPhone
Unfortunately not lol I've made it for a windows logo replacement animation, not a Kodi boot screen (i cant compete with some of the earlier ones, they're far too professional)
I like the BTTF vibe I'm getting from it :D
Is it possible to also get a matching image of this (the final shot with the logo, text) to use as my background so that it almost transitions seamlessly? Thanks.

(2014-12-19, 19:40)samfisher Wrote: Thanks!

@MadClown: looks good! And very nice TV Smile

@Verderer @uNiversal: yeah maybe X>K can be done in that animation as well, but I think it probably works better with the origami idea. Will get back to it later, too many ideas!

Something just for fun Smile

1080p version: LINK
http://bfy.tw/7gPZ
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my HTC One_M8
I don't currently have access to do that...but thanks...

(2016-09-13, 22:21)nickr Wrote: http://bfy.tw/7gPZ
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8