• 35(current)
Kodi Animation thread
(2020-07-24, 21:50)snoopyjoe Wrote: omething like...
<onload>AlarmClock(StartupDelay,PlayMedia(VIDEO LOCATION),00:00,silent)</onload>
This would allow the Kodi splash screen to appear. Then since the skin is loaded next, the boot video you choose would load immediately after checking the startup.xml.

If you look at the Unfussy skin I modified, I have a similar line in the startup.xml. Its difference is that it looks for the location based off the input from the skin settings.
Unfussy MOD

Thanks. I tried your code out in my startup.xml
But its the same "problem". The skin loads up and my main menu appears for about 1 second and then the videofile is playing. So it is not looking like an splash or intro animation.

I would also like to try out your code from your modified skin.
<onload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(StartVideo))">AlarmClock(StartupDelay,PlayMedia($INFO[Skin.String(StartVideo)]),00:00,silent)</onload>

But where is the part of the video location path?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2020-07-24, 23:09)MrSmith2019 Wrote: Thanks. I tried your code out in my startup.xml
But its the same "problem". The skin loads up and my main menu appears for about 1 second and then the videofile is playing. So it is not looking like an splash or intro animation.

I would also like to try out your code from your modified skin.
<onload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(StartVideo))">AlarmClock(StartupDelay,PlayMedia($INFO[Skin.String(StartVideo)]),00:00,silent)</onload>

But where is the part of the video location path?
There will more than likely be a 1 second delay with some skins before displaying the boot video. Skins that have a boot option in the settings are very seamless from Kodi splash screen to boot video. Others are not as seamless. That 0.5-1s delay was the quickest I could figure out by using the AlarmClock() function.

The video location is replaced with the variable "StartVideo", which is a string.
(2020-07-23, 00:46)MrSmith2019 Wrote: @samfisher: Thanks a lot for all your nice kodi intros! They are A+

I saw that you've created some specially for OSMC and LibreElec.
Maybe there is any chance that you also make one for Nvidia Shield TV user? Something modern and futuristic like the 5A with the blue laser effects. This is my alltime favorit.

Thx!
That would be nice! Maybe in the future, when I find some time!
It's finally time for some Kodi v.19 "Matrix" stuff!
I made a few Animations, a Screensaver and a Wallpaper.

Here's some of the animations:

Kodi Animation 19A (32sec)

Kodi Animation 19B (24sec)

More Matrix stuff coming soon, check out my My Youtube Channel for more Kodi Animations!

You can find the wallpaper here!

Enjoy!
Wondered how you where going to handle Matrix, and as usual you didn't disappoint with Utra 4K version along with the rest. Great Stuff!
Thumbs Up 
Really nice matrix intro. Premium quality like all your other stuff...

Maybe there is any chance you make a short version (10-15sec) so we can use it as intro animation. In my opinion 24secs is way too long as intro.
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
@MrSmith2019 here's a shorter version!

Kodi Animation 19C (16sec)

Enjoy!
Almost forgot, here's the Matrix animated Screensaver!

Kodi Screensaver Animation 3A (120sec)

Enjoy!
After fire and ice, it's time for an underwater animation!

Kodi Animation 13A (10sec)

Enjoy!
It's time for a cool animation!

Kodi Animation 14A (20sec)

Edit:

Added a shorter versions.

Kodi Animation 14B (10sec)

Enjoy!
Are you using superconducting magnets in a quantum equilibrium state for this trick? The dynamics of the wavelike spin pattern are very smooth and soothing.

Nice job.
(2014-11-24, 02:42)natethomas Wrote: Because the logo idea thread worked so well, we’ve got one last request. As previously mentioned, one of the most popular logos that we weren’t able to go with owed a great deal of its popularity to a REALLY cool animation associated with it. It was so popular internally that it reignited the idea of eventually animating the Kodi start screen. And so our request, our challenge to you all is this: animate the official Kodi logo. Make it look awesome. While it’s far too late for an animation to make it as the boot image for Kodi 14, there’s a very real chance that your work could be the first thing all of our over two million users see in Kodi 15 or sometime in the future.

To submit your animation, save it as an animated gif to imgur or your preferred image sharing site. Then post it in this thread. We look forward to seeing what you come up with. Additionally, you can pull from a number of other official logo variations from this page, though we’ll probably prefer a dark or black background for any final animation.
Nice--simple and effective.
Next animation is very simple and short, it's available in black and white versions:

Kodi Animation 15A (5sec)

Kodi Animation 15B (5sec)

Enjoy!
(2021-09-29, 16:03)samfisher Wrote: Enjoy!

@samfisher , is it OK with you if I use one of these as the intro video that I include with the Amber skin? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-29, 16:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-29, 16:03)samfisher Wrote: Enjoy!

@samfisher , is it OK with you if I use one of these as the intro video that I include with the Amber skin? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Of course, as written in all my youtube video descriptions, you can use as you wish! Wink
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8