Smart playlist not very random
We have been using a Smart playlist for a while now to play 4 random episodes of Seinfeld. We start the playlist once a day. We have all 170 some episodes broken down by season within a folder and they are all viewable within KODI.

The playlist works to play random episodes from all seasons, but there are some strange things that happen:
  • Sometimes after re-starting, and playing the smart playlist, it will be the exact same 4 episodes as the day before.
  • Sometimes it may play the same episode 3-4 times a week

Is it that it's not randomizing the full list of episodes and using a partial cache or something? Or are there too many episodes that it doesn't have time to grab all of them before randomizing?

The reason I ask that is because if I got into TV Shows > Seinfeld > All episodes and manually play an episode and stop it. Then try the playlist again, it will be a new set of episodes that we haven't seen in a while. That's been our trick for sort of 'refreshing' the episodes.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Add a new rule to your smartplay list, such as not played in x days, so they wont show once you have seen them for x amount of days
(2014-11-24, 18:10)G elly N Wrote: Add a new rule to your smartplay list, such as not played in x days, so they wont show once you have seen them for x amount of days

That's a great idea, I will try that and I'm sure it'll do exactly what I need. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist not very random0