Kodi logo variation and pack
(2014-12-02, 19:06)fastcolors Wrote: a question is [email protected] supposed to have that I in the name?
whoops, don't think so
(2014-12-02, 20:39)Memphiz Wrote: Please don't touch ios icons - they match the ios icon guide. Imo its wrong to aim for having the same icons on all platforms. Its better to aim the match of the platform guidelines on icons.

(2014-12-02, 20:44)da-anda Wrote: ah yes, sorry, forgot about iOS. Yes, have iOS untouched please - and ofc also the drive icon on OSX. Only the actual app icons should be changed for OSX, Android, Windows, Linux

should I not conform the iOS icons to the OSX ones? not talking about the shape... only the image inside. I don't "want" to do it, just thought conformity would be better. But would be extemely ok just doing the OSX ones. (the only one I actually see anyways)

as I said, I like the drive icons, so wasn't even planning in changing them.

this is what conformity with OSX would look for iOS

let me know.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
The difference is the shading right? Well the shading is something which is not recommended by the current ios icon guide (which simply wants all icons to be as flat as even possible haha).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-03, 13:07)Memphiz Wrote: The difference is the shading right? Well the shading is something which is not recommended by the current ios icon guide (which simply wants all icons to be as flat as even possible haha).

no I was thinking more about the diagonal shading of the logo itself on the base.
that's just a quick sample to show, I had some made background and I used it. of course they need to be flatter to match apple "idea", in fact I would definitely remove the diagonal shading.

But as I said I don't have iOS Kodi, nor plan to. so they could be orange and yellow and I wouldn't notice. I mentioned doing them too, just to have a "standard" look across apple devices for those who use them.

here's another less shaded and w/o the diagonal shade.
(just a sample,i know already it needs edges retouching)

superflat Wink

Actual:

notsoflat Angel
Image Image
if you really wanna redo all the 1000 icons for ios - you have my ok ... Smile - but ensure to keep the shape 100% (i mean the rounded corners).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@fastcolors
could you do these as well?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5802#i...t-65636631
And the ones for win32 (and linux)?
Just commit to you own branch and give us the link. We'll pull it in for you Smile
thx
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-04, 16:14)Martijn Wrote: @fastcolors
could you do these as well?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5802#i...t-65636631
And the ones for win32 (and linux)?
Just commit to you own branch and give us the link. We'll pull it in for you Smile
thx

deal.

just a few questions:

should I make everything on black (beside apple of course)

or should I go with the same style as i did for OSX ?
Image Image

android fans?
Image Image
I think same style. @da-anda?
on the Android developer page it says:

"Style
Use a distinct silhouette. Three-dimensional, front view, with a slight perspective as if viewed from above, so that users perceive some depth."

I can do 3d tilt (fake so i won't squash the logo) if you want. (in black or white doesn't matter)

While at it... does an AI version (vectors) of the logo exists? that would make my life easier. Also because the transparency on the wiki files is a little off.(nothing major, tiny invisible dots all around)
Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
@fastcolors

See if any of these help. SVG is the original. Other files were converted.

https://copy.com/seKl8U2443NYIopB

BTW, I can help you create the PRs. Memphiz and Martijn probably have more important stuff to do.
(2014-12-04, 18:43)h.udo Wrote: @fastcolors

See if any of these help. SVG is the original. Other files were converted.

https://copy.com/seKl8U2443NYIopB

BTW, I can help you create the PRs. Memphiz and Martijn probably have more important stuff to do.

yes they help lots!! thanks!

this makes it way better for the logo itself. I'm going to redo also the OSX ones.
Image Image
Great, glad I could help!

If you want, I can handle the PRs for you. Just PM me.
my opinion would be that we should use the white diamond background on droid/windows as well (as OSX ones). It looks better than the black background.
Same for the webbrowser icon(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo variation and pack0