• 4(current)
Vero OSMC
(2014-11-29, 06:06)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 03:15)ActionA Wrote: Don't forget the included, guaranteed to work and provide proper voltage, power supply Smile

CueBox-i comes with a power supply. Seems to be providing the proper voltage for me.

I think that is for the people comparing it to the Raspberry Pi.

I went through 2 or 3 power supplies before hacking one together and powering the Pi through the GPIO pins. Power supply issues ended up costing almost as much as the Pi itself!
(2014-11-29, 02:35)hdmkv Wrote: Not having the history here, but intrigued by this, what does Vero offer than CuBoxTV doesn't? Bottom line, what I'm interested in is proper 23.976, 24, 59.940, plus hd audio bitstreaming, plus frame-packed 3D, all via XBMC/Kodi. If these boxes do the former, but not 3D, then fine, but why get them over say a Chromebox?

No 3D, no 59.940, implementation is currently too slow.
There is no video reference clock, what that means for 24p is quite clear, right?
No 4K decoding support.
Too slow for hevc (if not done somewhere in hardware)

The cubox is of current status miles away and you won't get a "it just works" experience with it right now. Besides the kernel bug on the chromebox (hsw gen1), this box can play a whole lot more things, including 4K h264 @30fps just out of the box.

On the other hand the cubox is _fully_ documented, hardware wise with 1000 of pages documentation. So a capable developer that invests a whole lot of time can at least implement the refclock, 3D modeline switching (xbian already has some patches for it). The decoder has a lot of throughput, but it currently seems I don't get more than 38 fps out of it, cause of the render getting stalled.

Edit: Cubox TV has 4 cores > 2 cores but misses wireless and bluetooth.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-11-29, 06:06)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 03:15)ActionA Wrote: Don't forget the included, guaranteed to work and provide proper voltage, power supply Smile

CueBox-i comes with a power supply. Seems to be providing the proper voltage for me.

CuBox only comes with power plugs suitable for the USA/Japan and Euro power points.

What Sam is implementing (I Hope !) is a changeable adapter plug that just clips out of the power brick and is interchangeable for compatibility with power points worldwide.

I would choose something like this, no need to implement anything: http://www.amazon.de/kwmobile%C2%AE-Univ...romadapter
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The minimal designed - clip / interchangeable power socket adapter I'm thinking of are the types that come with Western Digital Hard drive power supplies that I have purchased here in Australia.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WD-Elements-D...0743189760

Should most likely be this one: https://www.newit.co.uk/shop/All-CuBox-i/CuBox-i2eXw <- see multi national power adapter.
Unfortunately fritsch still only UK, EU and USA power pins - what about the rest of the planet ?

Once you add another adapter to the end on those plugs on the power brick the whole setup becomes shonky and very likely to disconnect power as it falls off the wall.

If this is the case Sam should consider not even shipping a power supply for some users and reducing his price point.

Actually, since that's New IT's site, it probably comes with the same kind of multinational power adapter that their other products come with, which is the interchangeable clip. Their default set has UK, EU, US, and AU/NZ plugs, but you can get others that fit the clip. I don't know this for sure, but for things I could actually find pictures for, they all had the clips on them.

I assume it also depends on what regional shop you buy from. I got a CuBox-i2ex from newegg, and it only has a US plug, but it was sold from a US site.
Yeah, i don't think the powersupply is the selling point. Sam has made a decision, It's his product. When he wants to add a pack of gummibears that's also fine :-)

It will help that cubox gets better and even better linux support for the whole planet.
(2014-11-29, 10:00)fritsch Wrote: When he wants to add a pack of gummibears that's also fine :-)
I suppose out of the US, EU and Japan power plugs not a lot of users left out really apart from a bunch of Convicts in the Great Southern Land to satisfy. Confused

Redsnakes would also work a treat as well. That sugar rush would sure speed up the linux coding ? Wink

I'm sourcing a PSU (5V 2A) with interchangeable attachments. It will support UK/US/EU/AUS. No gummibears planned at this time Smile
Hehe :-)
(2014-11-29, 12:47)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: No gummibears planned at this time Smile

That may be a good thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Class...B006J1FBLM
* Koying loves gummibears

Would definitely be a selling point to me Big Grin
That's made my day Karnagious, the funniest reviews I've ever read on Amazon.
I never knew such true evil existed in such a cute little package !

Quote: I almost had a mental breakdown in the shower after realizing those little gummy bears had nearly defeated such a man that I thought I was

I'm sticking to my red snakes thank you very much, they are much much safer. Whew! Wink

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero OSMC11