• 33(current)
Vero OSMC
Your dickish behaviour comes from shoe-horning in snide comments unrelated to what was being discussed while trying to hide behind "hypotheticals" and generalised statements. Look above, its a perfect example. I corrected your mis-statement, but instead of admitting your error, you decided to introduce some crap about user numbers. As if that even mattered to what I said!

In the other thread I made a reasonable point that that OE device was limited in number as they were clearing out stock in anticipation of a new device, and you launched into some rant as if I had called the thing a rip-off. And you maintained that position even after I explicitly said it WASNT a rip off!

Let me clear something up for you: the Vero isn't MY device. I didn't have a hand in designing, pricing, marketing, processing, delivering, constructing, .... Nothing. I certainly don't see any money from its sale. Until a few weeks ago I had never actually seen one.

The most I have done is write some specific code for it in the OSMC settings addon. That amounts to about a couple dozen lines, or about a hundredth of what I wrote specifically for the Raspberry Pi.

Maybe that misunderstanding explains why you think it is OK to make snide side-comments in my direction. But if history is anything to go by, there is zero chance you will admit (let alone correct) that error.

Edit:
Oh, and I never said anything about the press relating to the Vero. Maybe that is another case of you reading something into my comment.
Quote:Your dickish behaviour comes from shoe-horning in snide comments unrelated to what was being discussed while trying to hide behind "hypotheticals" and generalised statements. Look above, its a perfect example. I corrected your mis-statement, but instead of admitting your error, you decided to introduce some crap about user numbers. As if that even mattered to what I said!

User numbers were introduced by you.

Quote:Let me clear something up for you: the Vero isn't MY device. I didn't have a hand in designing, pricing, marketing, processing, delivering, constructing, .... Nothing. I certainly don't see any money from its sale. Until a few weeks ago I had never actually seen one.

So what are you doing in this thread? As you basically have never run, used any imx hardware nor know what the vero is capable of doing?

Quote:In the other thread I made a reasonable point that that OE device was limited in number as they were clearing out stock in anticipation of a new device, and you launched into some rant as if I had called the thing a rip-off. And you maintained that position even after I explicitly said it WASNT a rip off!

In fact, you don't even know if stack is cleared ... you just assumed so. And I assumed, that your statement is towards a "sell old hardware, nobody wants" to poor users ... and therefore I explained why this is not the case. So two guys, two assumptions, both wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I really enjoy reading meaningful technical posts but Karnagious is totally PITA. Please do readers a favor and go hang yourself. All you do is just fishing out the words from other people comments and attack them. Please stop since you are getting really annoying and I really doubt that you are still entertaining someone.
Na - nobody should be going to hang himself ... all that crap here is nowhere nearly as important ... going out and have a nice beer or something would help ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-12, 12:06)fritsch Wrote: User numbers were introduced by you.
But the point of doing so was to illustrate how your assertion that OSMC only runs on the Vero was so incredibly wrong. The actual number didnt matter. It could be 100k, or 25k, and the point still stands as stringly. YOU made an issue out of the actual numbers.

Just like how I brought up the press. But it was YOU who then acted as if I said the press approved of the Vero. (I honestly cant recall seeing anything in the press about it. I was talking about the more general case, given your identification as a Kodi developer.)

And now, like always, you are refusing to acknowledge your error.

Quote:So what are you doing in this thread? As you basically have never run, used any imx hardware nor know what the vero is capable of doing?
Maybe you want to go back and re-read my comments. Where did I ever argue the technical details, or try and correct someone description of them?

Quote:In fact, you don't even know if stack is cleared ... you just assumed so. And I assumed, that your statement is towards a "sell old hardware, nobody wants" to poor users ... and therefore I explained why this is not the case. So two guys, two assumptions, both wrong.

One guy, two assumptions, both wrong. The second assumption, that I was criticising the other device... wrong. And that assumption came from an initial incorrect assumption about who I am.

How would you like it if I made the assumption that YOU were getting paid for each OE device sold? And followed every critical comment you make about the Vero (and I dont need to read anything into your comments to find something like that) with "Oh, but he HAS to say that, because he's just a shill for the OE device?"
Quote:How would you like it if I made the assumption that YOU were getting paid for each OE device sold? And followed every critical comment you make about the Vero (and I dont need to read anything into your comments to find something like that) with "Oh, but he HAS to say that, because he's just a shill for the OE device?"

I would laugh about it.

Quote:But the point of doing so was to illustrate how your assertion that OSMC only runs on the Vero was so incredibly wrong. The actual number didnt matter. It could be 100k, or 25k, and the point still stands as stringly. YOU made an issue out of the actual numbers.

Hehe, yeah - that also made me laugh and it brought you to my ignore list, cause talking with stones would be much more succesful.

Good bye.
(2015-07-12, 12:43)fritsch Wrote: I would laugh about it.
Of course you would. Riiight.

Quote:Hehe, yeah - that also made me laugh and it brought you to my ignore list, cause talking with stones would be much more succesful.

Whatever, make it clear that you didnt actually comprehend what I said, but pretend to laugh, and then block your ears.

You made error after error after error. But instead of admitting it, you just make more and more errors.

You were completely wrong about who I was, and about every comment I have made. And now rather than face the uncomfortable truth that you HAVE been acting like a dick, you run away.
Basically, i thought about the following:

and then gave up with you.
And with that I will close the thread that became pointless.

The End..
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It was fun, now let's starve the troll...
(2015-07-12, 13:08)fritsch Wrote: and then gave up with you.

So no apology for your mistaken understanding of who I am? Not even an acknowledgement that you were in error in any way?

You really think anything could drag you lower?
I am very sorry, that I ever took anything you said serious and tried to argument with you. This is the only thing I feel sorry about.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero OSMC11