Updating Default Confluence Skin
i am using the default Confluence skin that comes with xbmc Frodo 12.3 on a rasp pi.

I want to change the Home.xml to switch the Movie and Music home menus, and I have read that I could do that in usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml

The problem is that I don't have a skin.confluence in my addons directory, even though that is the only skin I am using.

Is the default skin in a different place? How can I change the Home Menu of the default skin?

thanks for your help...

(ps. I have not upgraded to gotham because it is an automatic upgrade, and I don't have internet where I live)
The default skin lives with the application. On Linux try /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons
You shouldn't make changes to the default skin Confluence.
Copy the complete folder skin.confluence from xbmc/addons and insert it to your storage folder (don't know the exact path for RPI), should be something like .xbmc/addons.

Rename that folder from skin.confluence to e.g. skin.myconfluence, then open the addon.xml in your skin folder with an editor and edit the following lines:

Code:
id="skin.confluence"
to:
Code:
id="skin.myconfluence"

Code:
name="Confluence"
to:
Code:
name="My Confluence"

After starting XBMC you can choose your new skin in Settings/Appearance.
Changes of your Home Menu can be done in skin.myconfluence/720p/Home.xml.
(2014-11-28, 06:09)pkscout Wrote: The default skin lives with the application. On Linux try /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons

In my usr/local/share directory, I only have fonts man sgml xml

I am using the raspbmc image for rasp pi. I don't have wheezy or anything else, I just loaded the Sam Nazarko 12.3 Frodo image onto the sd card.

my goal is to switch the position of the Music menu with the Movie menu. why? because when the pi starts it defaults to Music. I would like it to default to Movies. A simple thing, but I am a bit idiosynchrotic, lol

Hope this helps.

(2014-11-28, 11:06)lizard-king Wrote: You shouldn't make changes to the default skin Confluence.
Copy the complete folder skin.confluence from xbmc/addons and insert it to your storage folder (don't know the exact path for RPI), should be something like .xbmc/addons.

Rename that folder from skin.confluence to e.g. skin.myconfluence, then open the addon.xml in your skin folder with an editor and edit the following lines:

Code:
id="skin.confluence"
to:
Code:
id="skin.myconfluence"

Code:
name="Confluence"
to:
Code:
name="My Confluence"

The problem is that I cannot find the skin.confluence folder. I can find the folder with all the other skins, but I can't find the default skin.
(2014-11-29, 14:36)TexasTony Wrote:
(2014-11-28, 06:09)pkscout Wrote: The default skin lives with the application. On Linux try /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons

In my usr/local/share directory, I only have fonts man sgml xml

I am using the raspbmc image for rasp pi. I don't have wheezy or anything else, I just loaded the Sam Nazarko 12.3 Frodo image onto the sd card.

my goal is to switch the position of the Music menu with the Movie menu. why? because when the pi starts it defaults to Music. I would like it to default to Movies. A simple thing, but I am a bit idiosynchrotic, lol

Hope this helps.

(2014-11-28, 11:06)lizard-king Wrote: You shouldn't make changes to the default skin Confluence.

Code:
id="skin.confluence"
to:
Code:
id="skin.myconfluence"

Code:
name="Confluence"
to:
Code:
name="My Confluence"

The problem is that I cannot find the skin.confluence folder. I can find the folder with all the other skins, but I can't find the default skin.

Good news...
After much research, I discovered that you can now find the default skin.confluence.raspbmc at /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence. By changing the positions in Home.xml of item 10 (Movies) with item 3 (Music) I was able to get Movies to be the default menu item.
Thanks to everyone who helped....

Tony
Congrats, but ...
Next time there's an update and it will overwrite your changes.
That's why i suggested to move a copy of your confluence skin to the folder of the other skins and don't forget to rename everything.
Hi, I used the above guide to create a tweaked copy of a skin I am using.

Only thing is, I lose all the settings for the original skin when moving to the copy, is there any way to copy the settings over?
Worked it out - just copy the settings.xml from the addon_data folder Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Default Confluence Skin0